Spike couldn't see.

He couldn't move.

He tried to turn his body, but his hands seemed to be tied above his head. He surmised that they had been that way for some time as they were numb, fingers tingling. His eyes fluttered as he tried to breathe.

Breathe.

He was breathing. Something he hadn't done in over one-hundred years.

He was dreaming.

The body he seemed to be stuck in was in pain, their breathing labored. It was a sure sign that the rib-cage was damaged and bone was pushing against the chest the wrong way after having their arms strung up for so long, back pushed against the cold brick wall. The back of the body he was in stung, skin feeling stretched, old wounds not fully healed.

It took him a few moments to figure it out, but he knew whose body he was in. Buffy's.

Buffy's very naked and cold body.

"He's not very happy with you at the moment."

Buffy jumped in the darkness, her eyes trying to scan for any movement in the room. A door behind her had opened and there was a silhouette in the shadow created to her left of a tall man.

Spike knew that voice, knew it before Buffy's bitter and shaky voice ground it out.

"Riley." She spat out. "H-He's never happy with me. We both know that."

"And still you run."

He sounded amused, and Spike felt his blood boil. He could feel Buffy's body shaking in pain, against the cold and fear she felt as Riley advanced.

"I'll never stop."

Buffy ground out, eyes and lips set firm in the darkness.

"Neither will I."

The scream that tore through her lips had Spike's unbeating heart lurching. He could feel the blood dripping from her back, down her bottom and legs to slowly drop to the floor. The stretched taunt skin of her unhealed back once again cut open by the whip Riley had used.

"F-fuck you." Buffy spat out against the pain, another scream ripping through her as Riley cracked the whip once again.

Spike wished he could stop the pain, stop the torture, but knew he couldn't. He tried to close his eyes, not wishing to see any more, but this was Buffy's body. Her memory and he was a simple voyeur.

He felt Buffy's fear, her determination, her fight to stay strong. As the whipping went on he felt her slipping in and out of consciousness. Felt her determination gone, replaced only by pain and fear, the fight she showed now waning until there was almost nothing else left.

Spike's vision was skewed as tears fell from Buffy's eyes, her head rolling with a heavy thud to fall into her arms that hung above her.

"Kill me. P-please just kill me."

No!

He was unsure if Riley had heard her whispered words or not, but one more blow to her blood covered back had her slipping from consciousness.

Darkness surrounded him and Spike was once again floating in a sea of nothing once more.



..............................



Buffy was in Spike's body again, fighting in a crowd in a large ballroom she did not recognise. He was surrounded by armed men all wielding weapons. He should have been afraid and yet she could feel the glee and excitement emanating from him.

He was enjoying this.

"Just like I pictured it. This good for you?"

He laughed as a few men with swords charged him and he cut them down easily, using their own weapons to kill them, his newly stolen sword flickering through the air in a deadly blur.

Spike landed several kicks and punches to the heads and chests of the next wave of men that fought to throw him down, serving only to further enrage the vampire. He rushed with speed and strength, knocking down one after the other, blood spattering his clothes and spilling onto the floor.

"You will die!"

Spike laughed at one man's statement, grabbing him by the throat and twisting, snapping his neck in a mere blink.

"No I will no'." He vamped out and slashed at the two remaining men in the room who stumbled and slipped on the blood that was slowly pooling on the floor. "I'm already dead mate."

With one man left to go, Spike enjoyed the fear that spread to his eyes, heart racing. His fellow warriors all lay fallen before him and Spike took great pride in slowly stalking his last prey until he was pressed up against a wall.

"P-please, I have a family."

Spike smiled in understanding and then shrugged.

"So do I. And we're all hungry."

He snapped and bit viciously into the man's neck, groaning when the blood hit the back of his throat, sating the hunger his demon had felt. With each pull he took from the man's neck he could feel his heart slowing until there was nothing left. Silence filled the room and his face fell back to normal, letting the man fall to the ground haphazardly.

Panting heavily, Spike licked his lips with pleasure, eyes closing. Sated.

"A bloke could get used to this."

Buffy felt a calm wash through Spike's body, herself sickened at the glee he had felt while killing, nay, slaughtering those men. She felt a tiny hand wind its way across his stomach and onto his belt buckle.

"Oh, Spike, look at the wonderful mess you've made. All that blood. Like a red river! Naughty... wicked... Spike."

In the next instant Buffy was looking into Drusilla's eyes and try as she might, nothing could close the eyes she was looking through. Drusilla's face would haunt her for the rest of her days. Spike had her pinned to the wall, lust filled looks being sent between them.

"Blood," Spike moaned. "Most powerful aphrodisiac there is." He thrust his hips against hers and Drusilla helped him lift her skirts. "Have a taste." A blood soaked hand reached into Buffy's line of sight and she gagged when Drusilla brought a finger to her lips and sucked on them greedily.

She tried not to, tried to pull herself out of the dream, but nothing could stop the moan that escapes Spike's lips. Nothing could escape Spike's grin before he crushed his lips against hers.

Lips he had used hours or minutes before to kiss her so passionately in his bed.

Buffy was pulled from the memory and was once again floating in a sea of nothingness.


........................................................



Darkness again.

Darkness surrounded him as his eyes opened, struggling to breathe and gasping low when something touched the tender skin of Buffy's back. There was no energy to move, she had nothing left to give that hadn't already been taken.

I'm regretting not making that pillocks death more painful.

The room was shadowed in very dim light and Spike was grateful when a pair of tiny hands reached forward with a small cup and a soft voice reached Buffy's ears.

"You need to drink."

Something cold met Buffy's lips and she sipped the water slowly. Her back on fire, body sticking to the small cot she lay on, arms still numb from having been stretched so high for so long.

"P-please just let me die."

Buffy could hear the sob and the strain in the woman's voice as she replied to her request.

"Y-you know I can't."

Spike got the feeling that Buffy knew the girl, felt calm in her presence and also felt sorry for her. From the dragging on chains against stone floor as the girl moved, Spike knew she was also a prisoner. Buffy let her tears fall freely, holding her breath when the woman did her best to wipe away the blood that caked her sides and legs before setting to the delicate task of cleaning her wounds to the best of her ability in the dark.

"P-please." Buffy's voice faint. "Kill me..."

Spike battled against the fog that seemed to engulf Buffy, trying to keep her awake.

Keep fighting, luv.

Darkness took Spike again and he was in blackness, floating once more.