The carriage ride back from the marketplace was slow due to the fresh snow that had fallen, covering the path. The sun was just reaching midday when they finally arrived, joining Giles and Spike once again in the library. They had resumed the search on her family lineage with eager eyes. Giles was once again seated at his desk and reading from the diary she had picked up the day before while Spike sat in his chair at then end, eyes scanning through her father's notes.

Walking up to her mate she let her fingers linger on his shoulder, his own cool hand coming to rest atop hers, kissing her knuckles briefly before he let her continue to the window. It felt like she hadn't stopped for a moment all day, her feet were aching from being out in the snow covered streets of the marketplace with shoes that barely fit her. She collapsed into the window seat, in a room and position that was fast becoming her favorite place to rest. From this vantage point in the castle she had the best views of the castle grounds. Even with all the recent snowfall and the dull skies that winter offered it was a sight to behold. For how long she sat there entranced by the swaying of the snow covered trees outside she didn't know, but soon Oz was walking through the doors to tell her that Willow requested her presence. With a small sigh she heaved herself up from her window seat, limbs tired and sore and followed him from the room.

Willow was rocking her baby to sleep when they entered the room, her eyes lighting up when she saw them.

"He finally fell asleep!" She whispered, eyes wide and excited as she passed the child delicately into Oz's arms. "Sweet dreams my little Ollie." She bent to kiss his forehead.

"He's so tiny..." Buffy stepped closer to Oz, hesitantly reaching forward to touch him, but pulling back at the last minute.

"He is." Willow smiled, watching her sons fists scrunch together in his sleep.

"He's just like you." She smiled and met Oz's eyes.

"A werewolf?"

"Well yes," Buffy chuckled softly at Willows remark. "But I meant that he looks just like you."

"There's no denying this little guy is just like his daddy." Willow crooned proudly, kissing Oz's cheek.

Buffy closed her eyes and held her hand out to hover just over Oliver's chest, feeling the pulse of energy that radiated from his small form.

"He's definitely got the werewolf gene in him." She opened her eyes and had to blink a few times at seeing Oz and Willows startled looks.

"Your eyes... Tara told me, but wow!"

"Sorry. I can't control it."

She took a few steps back, blinking and stepping to the side as Oz walked from the room with Oliver. Willow took her hand and lead her over to a desk that sat against once wall.

"Tara told me a little of what's been going on." Willow offered a sympathetic smile. "It takes time to learn the control..."

"I hear a story there."

"One for another time. What I actually wanted to see you about was this."

"The leather to make my pants?"

Her eyebrows raised in confusion as Willow pointed to the items on the desk. On its surface were all the materials she had bought from the marketplace that morning that she was planning to use to fashion her training pants and top.

"Yes! Well, I think I can help. You need proper fighting clothes and I have the ability to make them, um... unique?"

"How so?"

"W-well you see, I can imbue the materials with magic so that it's like armour. It won't protect you from s-stab wounds or arrows, but it will be strong and light wearing."

"I don't know how I feel about magic being-"

"It's blood magic. Only your blood will be able to control the clothes." Willows eyes met hers, holding a certain tone as she continued. "No one can remove them without your consent."

She processed Willows words, understanding with perfect clarity what she was trying to say without actually saying it. If Angelus and Drusilla were to capture her again; and she prayed that they never would, having clothes that were unable to be removed could help.

They wouldn't be able to touch her.

Angelus wouldn't be able to breed her.

"Ok."

"Ok? Yes! This is great! Let me just grab a few things." Willow rushed around her room gathering various items in her hands before taking them from the bench to place on the floor.

"Are those-"

"I had kinda hoped you would say yes and got Tara to get me most of the ingredients I needed when you went to the village this morning." Willow said sheepishly, placing her items on the floor.

"How does this work exactly?" Buffy gathered the leather materials from the desk in her arms and brought them to the floor where Willow was placing candles out evenly in a wide circle.

"Place them on the floor here."

Willow motioned for her to place the items in the middle of the circle and began opening the small satchels of herbs that Tara had bought from the marketplace. She began mixing them in a small mortar bowl, crushing them together with her pestle, adding a pinch of each herb with every few turns.

She stood back and watched as Willow murmured under her breath, the circle of candles instantly lighting in unison from her command, surrounding the leather materials in their golden glow. Willow motioned for her to sit and she did, stepping back to sit outside the circle and crossing her legs beneath her gowns skirts.

"Now what?" She asked, feeling the energy pulsing from Willow. The air was thick with magic and it had her legs bouncing.

"Just a few more herbs and then I need some of your blood." Willow added the last pinch of herbs to the bowl before passing her a small knife.

"How much?"

"Um... just cut across your palm and let it drip in. There's a lot of material here and we want the clothes to be strong."

"Right..."

Willow placed the small bowl in the center of the candles and on top of the leather before looking up and nodding towards the knife she now held in her hands. She leaned forward with the knife and made a small incision on her palm, letting out a small hiss as the blade sliced through her skin. Droplets of crimson blood fell into the bowl freely and she stayed like that for a few long seconds, hand outstretched before Willow motioned that there was enough blood in the bowl. Before she could pull back her hand, Willow had reached forward to take her palm into her own.

"Sana... sana."

Hearing the whispered Latin words for heal being murmured, she glanced down and watched as the skin of her palm slowly started stitching back together until all that was left was a red line.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Now I just need to cast and pour this across the materials."

"And that's it?" She stared down at the dark brown leather materials that she had selected with a raised eyebrow.

"There's a little bit more to it than that." Willow chuckled, taking a deep breath before starting her chanting.

She tried to follow along as Willow begun casting, but her murmured words were whispered as she poured the mixture onto the leather. The candles that had been placed carefully around them, flickered with Willows movements and as soon as she finished pouring the contents of the bowl onto the materials they shot up, their flames bursting high and bright. The sudden intense flash had Buffy jolting back in slight fear, glancing to Willow who was practically glowing white, energy pouring from her.

Holy hell!

She glanced down to the materials on the floor and watched with wide eyes as the mixture of herbs and blood begun to slowly seep into each other, the leather turning a deep burgundy red instead of the brown she had chosen. The leather and herbs were merging together to become one, imbuing and infusing the magic in its entirety.

Slowly, the candles began to flicker and die down back to normal. Willow took a shuddering breath before motioning for her to stand in the center of the circle with the leather.

"Here?"

"That's good. Can you also remove the dress? This is the difficult part starts." Willow held her hands out over the materials, her words coming out in soft pants as she struggled to hold on to the magic that was busting to be let out. Buffy did as she asked, sidestepping a candle that was still lowering it's flame.

"Great Goddess I call to thee, hoc praesidio bellator eam nocere volunt. Da fortitudinem eius et ecce agilitas in proelio. Haec armis actu secundo corio et respondeo solum eius imperio."

Protect this Warrior against all who wish her harm. Give her strength and agility in battle. May this armour act as a second skin and respond only to her command.

As Willow chanted, she watched in stunned amazement as the leather began drifting upwards on its own accord, floating its way towards her body. It started at her feet and she was thankful that she had also removed her shoes as the leather seemed to encase her ankles first. It wound its way up her legs, like snakes winding up a tree trunk before it encased her thighs and branching out to wrap around her hips and waist. It was warm, which surprised her and she gasped when it encased her torso. She held her arms out wide as the leather materials crept up higher, surrounding her in its magic as Willow chanted below. The burgundy leather inched out along her wrists, threading itself over and in between her fingers, creating gloves. She hadn't thought about making gloves, but now that she saw them, wriggling her fingers to test the feel, she discovered that she loved them. With the elements being so harsh and winter so cold it only made sense to be protected against everything and the gloves would make holding on to her weapons that much easier.

Once again the candles surrounding her shot up with their bright flames, making her jump. She took in her own deep shuddering breath when the leather stopped its ascent and seemed to tighten around her body. The material shrunk, squeezing her tight for a moment before she relaxed and allowed herself to breathe. It fit just like a second skin.

Just as Willow had asked it to.

"Holy shit!"

This time she couldn't help the words that escaped her when the candles finally sank back down, flickering out completely. Willow had given her more than she could have ever created on her own, including boots that seemed to be merged with the suit. It wasn't just a set of training pants and a top, no, it was a suit. It was designed to fit her in one complete piece that came together to be done up by a series of clips and laces on her front. The front, which was a little bit low cut for her liking, showed a generous amount of cleavage, but what it lacked in material there it more than made up for in other areas. Willow had given her a belt, complete with knife sheathes and a place to slip a sword through should she decide to fight with one.

"It's perfect!"

"I'm glad you think so." Willow smiled up at her sleepily, wavering slightly. "Sorry, that spell took a little out of me."

"Can I get you anything?" She rushed forward, already loving the way the leather moved with her, bending and adjusting to her quick movements as she helped Willow to her feet.

"Can you help me to the bed? Ollie should be asleep with Oz for another few hours which will give me time to rest."

"Of course."

She helped Willow to stand and together they hobbled to the bed. Willow looked pale and drained of all energy and once propped up against the pillows in her bed, seemed so small. She went back to pick up the candles and the satchels of what was left of the herbs that Willow hadn't used and placed them on the small hutch at the end of her bed.

"Oh! Before I forget," Willow tried sitting up and failed miserably, falling back against her pillows. "To get the suit off you just need to say removere vestes."

Remove clothes

"Romovere vestes?" Buffy raised one eyebrow and then shot her hands to the front of her suit as the clips and ties started unlacing and undoing on their own accord. "How do I get it back on?" She rushed out in a panic, eyes wide.

"Induendum vestes." Willow chuckled at seeing her failed attempts at holding the suit together.

Put on clothes

"Induendum vestes!" Buffy rushed out, sighing in relief when the laces started doing back up and the suit seemed to pull tight against her skin once more. "Right, got it. I can't thank you enough for this."

"Don't thank me yet. You have to train in it first to see if the spell really worked."

"Better go see my training partner then." Buffy grinned, glancing down at her new suit and the tantalizing way it held her cleavage together.

"Don't hurt him....much." Willow grinned, eyes already closed.

Buffy felt a buzz with energy as she walked the halls of the castle in her new fighting gear. It definitely fit her like a second skin and more than once did she have to pat her own behind to make sure that there was actually material covering her. Unlike the morning when she had walked the halls, she no longer felt the chill in the air, the suit encasing her in its warmth as well as its energy, as if it was an entity of its own.

"Into every generation a Chosen One is born. She alone will bring forth one that possesses the strength of both chosen and immortal. She is the beginning and the end. She is the Slayer."

"You think she's the Slayer?"

Buffy pushed open the library doors, hearing Spike and Giles talking before she entered.

"Who's the Slayer?"

"W-well I believe that it's you, dear." Giles pulled the glasses from his face, cheeks flushing red as he glanced away.

"What the bloody hell are you wearing?" Spike raised one eyebrow as he took in her outfit.

"My new fighting gear. Willow made it for me." Buffy grinned, her hands turning into fists as she flexed her muscles beneath the leather. "Neat huh!" A movement which had Spike shuffling in his seat.

"It's uh, quite unlike anything I've ever seen before." Giles stammered, eyes still averted.

"It's pretty amazing!" Buffy beamed, coming to stand just behind her mate and leaning across the desk.

The leather of her outfit creaked with her movements and she heard the small whimper that escaped him before a flush of heat reached her core. He was imagining pushing her up against a wall, her leather clad body wrapped around his. Her finger's wound their way to the back of his neck and played with the hairs there before she stood again.

"Slayer?"

"Righ'" Spike coughed, shifting in his seat again. "That would be you, luv."

"Sineya was the first. First of her kind and the first of her generation. There can only ever be one and we believe that you're her."

"I'm the slayer?"

"Possess the strength of both chosen and immortal..." Giles glanced down reading from his scrolls and parchments before meeting her eyes. "You are of the chosen bloodline and your primal side has definitely shown herself of late."

"I can't be..." Buffy's brows furrowed together before taking the parchment from him.

"Come again, luv?"

"I said, I can't be the slayer."

"But-"

"Into every generation a chosen one is born, that's me." Buffy cut off Giles and read, pointing to herself. "She alone will bring forth one that possesses the strength of both chosen and immortal. Bring forth one..." She glanced up to meet their vacant stares. "As in bring a child forth. She is the beginning and the end. She is the Slayer."

"Your child..." Giles whispered, staring at her stomach.

"I'm not-" Buffy passed him back the parchment, before meeting her mates quizzical gaze. "We can't... It's complicated."

"Well obviously... I'm dead." Spike spoke, deadpan.

"That's not entirely true..." Buffy bit her lip and glanced to Giles who seemed just as confused.

"Ang-," She took a deep breath. "Angelus has a prophecy about this child." She pointed to the parchment Giles held. "One regarding the Slayer. But he needed to find the right 'one', which we all know is me thanks to the depiction and drawing on the Becoming prophecy that my father gave you. W-what he doesn't know is how to get me pregnant. I only ever saw that particular prophecy once and at the time I had no idea that it was about me."

"Your father?" Giles asked, eyes already scanning his papers as she nodded.

"He kept it with him at all times."

"How is it done?" Spike turned in his chair to face her.

"All I remember is a stone..." She scrunched up her face, shaking her head as she tried to recall the memory. "It was a long time ago, I'm sorry."

"That's quite alright. I had rather hoped we were on the right track to figuring this all out." Giles slipped the glasses from his face again, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Me too." She whispered, her hand moving to play with the hairs at the base of her mates neck again.

"No sense in worrying over something we can't control." Spike pulled her hand from his neck and stood. "Let's take one step at a time, luv. How about we train? See if we can coax those golden eyes to come out to play for a bit?"

The way Spike was staring at her, taking in her form coupled with the sensations she was feeling through their connection had her stomach fluttering.

"Bring it on."

She was more than ready to play.