"Rise and shine!"

A sharp gasp escaped Riley's lips as ice cold water was splashed all over his face. Rivets of water rushed down his naked chest and soaking into the material of his pants. He tried to move and found that his hands were bound in shackles above his head which were suspended from the ceiling. His feet barely touched the ground, making the muscles in his arms and back scream in protest at the unnatural position.

Spike stood standing in front of him, calm and collected, a silent smirk on his face which sent Riley into a fit of panic, his heart racing.

"Now I find myself in a bit of a pickle mate. I've got a young woman in my possession, gorgeous thing, yay high, bit of a mouth on her though. Who I know Angelus wants very badly." The bucket Spike had used to splash Riley dropped to the ground and he kicked it away, the sound riveting off the walls making him cringe. "Otherwise he wouldn' have sent you. I wan' to know why. Why, why, why?" Spike stalked his prey, slowly walking behind Riley and stepping up close, relishing in the way his heart was pounding in his chest. "Why is she so valuable to him? What does Angelus want to do with her?"

"Fuck you!" Riley spat out, knocking his head back to hit Spike in the temple, who only let out a disappointed tisk in response.

"We can do this the easy way," Spike moved towards the door of the cell and opened it. Riley's eyes widened in surprise and horror at what walked through. "Or the hard way." The beast on all fours let out a feral growl and Spike grinned. "Who am I kidding? There's only the hard way. It's no fun if you don' bleed."

The werewolf circled Riley's dangling legs, nipping at the air in threat as Spike spoke calmly.

"She has the blood. She is one of the chosen." It was a statement which Riley knew to be truth, but he refused to give the master vampire the satisfaction of knowing he was correct. He would die before he betrayed his master. "But tha' bloodline was supposedly destroyed years ago, the covens saw to that. But I've tasted her blood, such sweet nectar it is." Spike's eyes closed at the memory of the sweet taste of Buffy's blood as it first hit his lips. "Mmmmm she is delicious. She's going to be strong." Spike grinned, his demon wanted more and his eyes flashed a feral yellow.

Riley's heart skipped a beat as the werewolf's jaws snapped down too close to his leg than he would have liked, eyes jumping back up to Spike when he came to stand right in front of him, his demon eyes yellow and feral.

"What is Angelus's plan?" When Riley did noting but spit at his face in return Spike nodded towards the wolf. Riley let out a deafening scream when the wolf's jaws clamped around his leg, head shaking, teeth ripping at his flesh.

He couldn't stop the words that sprang free, anything to get the wolf to stop it's tearing teeth from ripping his leg off.

"Prophecy! There's a prophecy!"

Spike placed his hand on the wolfs neck and grinned, Riley was a master at delivering pain, but when it came to being on the receiving end he was as weak as they came. This was going to be too easy. The werewolf detached its jaws and Riley's bloodied and broken leg swung free.

"Now we're getting somewhere! Wha' does the prophecy say?"

"I don't know! Please! It's not in English! All I know Is that he wanted to breed the bitch." Riley's eyes widened in horror when Spike motioned for the wolf to resume it's bite, his cries and pleas spilling forth as he spoke.

"What? How?"

"I-I don't know! Please! It didn't work last time!"

"Last time? He's tried before then?"

Spike paced back and forth. He had known Angelus had been taking young women for years, it was his thing, his Raison D'etre. It was how he had turned Drusilla, before stalking and torturing her first. Angelus loved young women, loved the torture, but it wasn't all physical. No, Angelus liked to mentally destroy his victims before they finally met their true death. His dark princess would always be a little bit damaged from the things Angelus had done to her before he had finally turned her.

But why would Angelus keep Buffy alive. Vampires couldn't breed, they were dead, their reproductive organs no longer functioned to that purpose. Surely he wouldn't try to turn one of the chosen blood? That was forbidden. The war between vampires and the chosen ones had raged for a century before his ancestors had demolished the bloodline for good and taken over the lands they owned.

"The bitch's mother. She was strong... it took a long time to break her." Riley let out a laugh and shook against his restraints. "Broke her eventually though," he grinned, proud of himself. "Just like her daughter. They're all weak in the end."

Spike growled low in his stomach, the demon enraged that Riley had inflicted such pain onto Buffy's skin. Again, Spike felt himself reacting before a thought touched his mind and he punched Riley in the face, his body swinging in the restraints. His demon roared and demanded for his death at the thought of him laying a hand on the small woman upstairs. Sick of Riley's prattling nonsense and with a nod of his head towards the werewolf it once again encased Riley's leg in a vicious bite who let out a scream in pain.

"All the other girls... He was searching for her all these years?"

"Yes!"

"Vampires can't breed!" Spike growled out, getting frustrated with Riley's answers.

"He's going to come for her you know."

The demon in Spike flashed forward and growled menacingly at Riley before taking a few calming breaths. Was this wanker serious? That was the most obvious thing Angelus would do.

"Good!" Spike yelled suddenly, on edge that his demon was getting restless and calling out for blood. Spike had had enough. He wrapped his fist around Riley's throat before he growled. "I'll ask him about the blasted prophecy myself!" He wrenched Riley's neck to the side and struck, fangs digging in deep as he drank. Riley's scream filled the room, dulling down until there was nothing more but silence.

"Are you sure that was wise?"

Spike didn't bother to meet Oz's eyes, never realizing he had changed as he strolled from the room, shaking his demon off as the warm blood dripped from his chin, sated. Riley's now dead dangling body was left swinging against his restraints behind him.

"Get rid of that will you." Spike stepped up the stairs and yelled out behind him. "And get me Ripper! I have a man to see about a prophecy."

.............................................................


She was such a small thing, tiny hands, small wrists, petite nose that had the smallest bend in it. Spike traced the pale scar that ran from her left cheek down over both lips and ended just under her bottom lip. Her chin and lips were bruised from where he had punched her earlier and a frown formed on his face as her teeth started to chatter together from the cold. Spike watched as they calmed when he pulled the thick blanket up over her shoulders once again in a warm cocoon. He had placed another log on the small fire in the corner of the room when he had first entered. Elizabeth-Buffy, he had decided to call her as it suited her attitude, was passed out in the center of the bed. Her long blonde hair a tangled mess that covered her face like a curtain.

"You know nothing."

Her words had haunted him the rest of the ride back to his estate. He would never forget the day that Drusilla had first come to his bed chambers reeking of the great old poof. He had suspected for some time that she had been seeing Angelus behind his back, but would never call her on it. No, not his dark princess who he had spent over one-hundred years with. Devoted to, she was loyal to him just as he was to her. Or so he had thought.

Still, she returned to him most nights reeking of his great grand-sire, her insanity increasing as her nonsensical words turned into incoherent yelling, getting worse and worse as the months went on.

Still, Spike did everything in his power to care for her, bring her whatever she needed. Drusilla was after all his sire and there would always be a special bond between them that no one could break. Not even the great poof himself.

"You reek of sunshine my love. You taste like ashes and dust in mommies mouth. Ruined! You're all ruined!"

They had fought, yelling and screaming as they had been for months until they ended up fucking. Standard for vampires, fighting, blood and sex just went well together. Drusilla was his. His alone and he would be damned if Angelus was going to take her from him.

"Daddy's going to fix everything. You will see. Oh, he makes such sweet little dollies my love. Line them up and knock them down one by one. All ripe for the picking they are!"

Spike had taken Drusilla away in the early hours of the night after another fight. If he could just get her away from the poisonous words Angelus was spreading to her mind, then she would be better again. She would love him. He was going to prove to her that he was worthy of her. Prove that he was the better, stronger master vampire.

Worthy of her acceptance to a Claim bite.

But his efforts had been futile. Drusilla had left him after waking and fled back to her precious 'Daddy'. Spike had gone back of course and couldn't help but try and stake Angelus, the wanker.

Things had taken a turn for the worst after that. To think that an all out war between the two master vampires had started over Drusilla. A feud that was still going today.

Drusilla seemed more excited over the fact that her two boys were fighting over her, insanely rambling on. She would slip between Spikes home and Angelus', toying with them both for weeks on end. In the end Drusilla's visits had become less and less until she had stopped coming to him altogether. He sought Angelus out who seemed uninterested when Spike had all but pleaded with him to have word on her well-being, panic and despair setting in when Angelus simply shrugged and stated that he hadn't seen Dru in months, thinking the worst had come of her.

"I've been held captive by that insane bitch for nearly two years!"

Buffy's words haunted him. Angelus had lied. Drusilla had returned to him. In the end the great poof had won the girl and he was left on the other side of the country with what little pride he had left. His eyebrows narrowed, his hand scrunching in the sheets beneath him as he plotted the many ways he would kill Angelus.

Drusilla was his. His dark princess. His alone.

"You dare!"

"You know nothing."


The haunted look that had crossed Buffy's eyes had sent a chill down his spine. What was it about this young woman that had Spike so rattled?

Buffy rolled in her sleep, her hair falling off of her face and her neck finally free to Spike's gaze. He watched the pulse point in her neck throb as it slowly pumped blood through her body.

Boomp boomp....boomp boomp

Without realizing it his demon had come forward and he was leaning down, his lips barely touching the soft tender skin on her neck, her pulse point thumping away beneath his lips.

Boomp boomp....boomp boomp

His demon wanted more of her intoxicating blood. Wanted to taste her sweetness once again as he buried himself in her heat and got lost in it as he tore at her neck and suckled her life essence. He wanted her as his.

His mate.

No!

Spike let out a frustrated growl and pushed off from the bed.

This was not happening.

Drusilla. He wanted Drusilla. She would be his. She was his dark princess. She would be his mate.

He shook away his demon who growled at his refusal to accept that he wanted the blonde sleeping woman in front of him.

No. He would have Drusilla for his mate even if that meant giving Angelus the thing he wanted most. A slow smile came to his lips watching Buffy toss in her sleep.

Killing Angelus could come after.