When Buffy left the crypt it was almost day. She was really tired. She had been waiting for Spike for two no three hours, without sleeping.
She arrived home at seven thirty and found Dawn in the kitchen, having breakfast.
“Hey Dawnie” Buffy greeted.
“Hey” Dawn didn’t look at her. “Willow made me the breakfast. I have to go to school now.” She picked up her bag and left out for the front door.
“I…” Buffy tried to apologize but Dawn didn’t hear to her.
“Buffy, where were you?” Willow asked appearing in the kitchen.
“Patrolling… all night.”
“That’s weird. These days you have been patrolling all the night until dawn. Is there something we need to worry about?” Willow asked her, lying on the marble.
“Nah… nothing impossible to kill”.
she thought.
“Oh c’mon Buffy, you can tell me.” Willow smiled. “I know!” she suddenly said.
Buffy fell her face turning pale. “You have a new boyfriend.”
“Oh” she breathed. “Well, I…”
“Oh I knew it!! What’s his name?”
“Huh?”
“What’s his name?” Willow repeated, waiting for an answer.
“No, Willow… I don’t… I’m not… Oh, I don’t know” she sat on a bench.
“What’s going on Buffy? You know you can tell me”
“Well… I…”
“Is it Spike?”
“WHAT??”
“I’m kidding, I’m kidding” she laughed. “Of course he could never be Spi…”
“It’s Spike”
Willow, still smiling, tried to assimilate what she had just heard. Then she looked at her friend.
“It’s Spike” Buffy repeated.
“Yeah, I think I heard you. Well… Buffy”
“I know, it’s crazy” Buffy rubbed her hair. “I don’t know what the hell I am doing”
“Do you… do you love him?”
Buffy stared at Willow with some tears in her eyes.
“Oh, I don’t know what I feel”
“Oh, Buffy, don’t cry…” the witch hugged her friend. “It’s ok if you love him… I mean he’s not… well, bad anymore.”
“Yesterday…”
“You were with him yesterday??” Willow stared at her with huge eyes. “Please tell me you weren’t with him the day before, and the day before that one, and the day before the other one, and…”
“Yes… I was with him! And God!! I don’t know what I’m feeling or why! Yesterday he left at three in the morning, because we fought, and…”
“You fought?” Willow asked her, not because she was surprised of her friend’s actions, but because she wanted to understand Buffy’s emotions.
“Yeah,” she said as tears began to roll down her cheeks.. “And I told him really nasty things. God Willow, I was so selfish and so mean…”
“What did you tell him?”
“Well, I… I thought it was a mistake what we were doing, and I told him that I had to leave. And then… and then…” Buffy sobbed “He told me I had made many “mistakes” this week and that he liked that and I told him it was because he could never make the difference between something good and something bad…” Willow hugged her and Buffy cried in her friend’s arms. “… and then he got mad and left. And I… I don’t know why, but I didn’t wanna leave. I stayed there ‘cause I was… I was…”
“Worried?” Willow asked.
“Yes, I was really worried” she kept crying. “And then he came back, and he had fought with a demon and he was all hurt and told me to leave. God, it was so horrible what I told him” she looked at Willow “Do you think I’m a horrible person?”
“No, Buffy, you’re not a horrible person; you just made a mistake and he got mad. He has feelings too… even if he never shows them up”.
“Do you think I’m crazy for loving him?”
“Well, I’ve loved a werewolf and well…”
“But Oz was a good person. Spike is a vampire ho has killed…”
“Yeah, in the past, Buffy. But maybe he wants to show you that he’s a new man now. Maybe it was because of that that he didn’t like what you told him. In fact, he knows the difference between something good and something bad. The only thing is that you don’t see it. Maybe you should give him a chance”
“You think he will forgive me? He was really hurt today” Willow shrugged.
“You’ll never know if you don’t try”
Buffy stood up.
"Thanks Will," she said as she got up. Turning back she looked at her friend. "Please don't tell anyone about this."
Willow sighed.
“I won’t Buffy; but, if you really love him, you shouldn’t be ashamed of him”
Willow left, and Buffy went to sleep, still thinking about what Will had said.

~

It was almost dark when Buffy woke up. She moved the blankets, still lying on her bed. God, she didn’t know how she was going to do this.
She started thinking… what would Spike like? She suddenly sat on the bed and smiled.
“Gotcha” she stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

~

“Damn thing” Spike said, trying to scratch his wound through the bandage.
“I told you not to scratch” Buffy said, suddenly appearing at the door.
“What are you doing here?” Spike said, glancing at her and still trying to scratch.
“I want to show you something”
“Well, I don’t want to see it”.
She approached to the bed and sat next to him.
“I’m sorry” she caressed his cheek, but he avoided her look. “Hey” she said, moving his face. “I really do. I shouldn’t have said those things”
“No you shouldn’t”.
“I know. Could you please forgive me?”
He sighed.
“Ok, but just becau…” he couldn’t end the sentence because she suddenly kissed him. It wasn’t the passionate kiss she had given him before. This was different. He could feel something different inside her.
“Would you come with me now? I want to show you something” she said, picking his hand. “Can you walk?”
“Yeah, the other day I was too drunk to stay on my feet.” She smiled, hugged his waist and passed his arm over her shoulders. He stared at her. Was she Buffy? Was she his Buffy? The Slayer he had always known?
“Slayer…” he said, looking at her suspiciously.
She just smiled but didn’t say anything. They walked out of the crypt and passed through the graveyard.
“Where are we going?” he asked, still staring at her.
“You’ll see” she said, smiling. She hugged him even tighter.
“Ouch” he complained, due to her gesture.
“Oh, sorry, did I hurt you?”
“No” he said; he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. “I’m fine”.
They kept walking until they arrived to the beach. They walked on the sand and Spike saw a few meters away, a fire blazing against the darkness. There was a red blanket close to it, and a basket.
“Buffy, what is this?”
“Well” she said smiling. “I thought you’d like it”
He smiled with the side of his mouth.
“I love it” he cupped her face on his hands and kissed her, really softly.
“I’m glad” she said smiling. “Come”
They sat on the blanket and stared at the moon, and they made love softly, like any other couple in love.
“I love you” he said.
“I love you too” she smiled. He couldn’t believe it… all those years to listen to those words… “I really do” she kissed him. “…and when we finish this date…”
“Date?” he smiled.
“Yeah. Well, when we finish this amazing date… I’ll tell everybody I’m in love with you” she kissed him. “I love you” she said and he kissed her. “I’ll always love you”.

The End.-