Disclaimer and Notes: see Prologue
Spike’s brain
 
by Belladonna
 
 ~Chapter 1~
And the Nerds shall lead
 
“Good news, everyone!” Warren exclaimed overly happy when he joined his fellow Nerdians inside the huge basement room of his own house they were currently residing in. And since none of them actually had a real job to earn money they probably would be staying there a little while longer.
 
“What is it this time?” Jonathan asked and Andrew shushed them both, waving frantically at the telly.
 
“Could you please shut up, Voyager is on in a second!” the boy told them. “It’s the final episode and I really want to know what happens.”
 
“They come home, everyone’s fine and they lived on happily ever after”; Warren stressed. How could they have let a woman sit in the Captain’s chair in the first place? No wonder they got lost at the end of nowhere.
 
“Hey, how’d you know that, I thought you didn’t like Voyager?” Jonathan wondered but Warren dismissed it casually.
 
“It’s a rerun, besides that one’s out on video already:” He told them. “Can we go back to my news already?”
 
Grumbling Andrew complied and very reluctantly turned the telly off. Then he leaned back in his oversized chair and glanced challengingly towards Warren. “Go on; tell us what’s so important that we have to interrupt watching Star Trek?”
 
“I have a new plan for getting the Slayer!” Warren announced, having found his happiness back; the only thing missing was him bouncing around from excitement.
 
“Can that not wait until after the show?” Jonathan whined. “I’d really like to see that too. Besides our last plan got us almost nailed down by her and succeeded in really pissing her off this time.”
 
“No, it cannot wait until after the show.” Warren’s good mood quickly dissolved into thin air once again. Could they not acknowledge true genius when they saw it? Okay, he had not yet shown them the true geniality this new plan would be set in motion by, but at least they could show a bit more enthusiasm for it. They were The Super Villains after all, notice the ‘The’ and the Capital Letters?
 
“Well, spill then.”
 
Now that he finally had their undivided attention, to emphasize his point Warren stepped in front of the television, he finally could explain them what he had thought of.
 
“I have a great plan for getting the Slayer…” Warren repeated but was interrupted by Andrew.
 
“You already said that.”
 
“As said, I have a great plan for getting the Slayer,” Warren shot a deadly glare towards the boy and continued uninterrupted, “that will be successful this time. Like you all will remember when that Spike came by to have his chip examined by us, “ at this he saw Andrew looking fearfully towards the Boba Fett figurine, “we were able to gain data of enormous value to our cause…”
 
”Come to the point already.” Jonathan urged him, if this was over quick he could catch the rest of Voyager after all or at least a good glimpse at that hot Borg chick in the skin tight suit. Or at certain parts of her anatomy.
 
“What is it with the youth of today; no patience at all in them.” Warren mused grinning.
 
“We know what happened on that day, Andrew is still traumatized by it and I would really like to watch Voyager now, so can we get to the point of this?” Jonathan asked. “We too want to get the Slayer, we really do, but there are priorities to be set.”
 
“Okay, okay, the plan right; you see the chip;” Warren hurried with his explanation, really flirting with the option of building himself some robotic allies instead of hanging out with those impatient morons any longer; “it does prevent him from harming humans. As a matter of fact, it shocks him every time he only thinks violence against humans. And you peed in your panties because of him.”
 
“Hey!” Jonathan and Andrew said unison. Did he just insult them? “You were scared also. And we are so not wearing panties.”
 
“Whatever, but this offered us an opportunity we’ll never have again: To study this wonderful piece of modern technology. It was so great having all these micro circuits under my fingertips, there so close and just out of reach…” at this the others tuned him out, knowing well that Warren would go on for a while marvelling at this technology and probably getting fuzzy feelings inside too. “…Once we control that chip, we will control the vampire. And once we control the vampire, he will get the Slayer for us.” Warren told them, grinning from ear to ear. This should teach them to underestimate his genius again.
 
“Uh-huh. But how will you control the chip from here?” Andrew wanted to know, forgetting for the moment that no matter if they could control the chip, there still was the small problem of Spike not being able to harm a human being because of it. And to their latest info, Buffy still was human.
 
“Well, we simply won’t control it from here then. This is where my idea comes in handy. Eyes open ladies, because in my hand I hold the ultimate weapon in our fight against the Slayer!” Warren nearly shouted out, bursting with ultimate pride at his own geniality and he held the object of his speech high above him. In that pose, albeit comical but of dead serious intent he almost looked like the Statue of Liberty. Andrew and Jonathan only looked stunned at him.
 
“But that’s a remote control?!”