Summary: “Maybe I was meant to lose him…” “Sometimes I wonder why I walk away…” The tale of a forbidden love... (Put in both Buffy and Will’s POV) Don’t worry… its spuffy!

-o-o-o-

Chapter Ten: No Regrets

Buffy


I turned eighteen, and I couldn’t believe… not in the sense that I was considered an adult, well close enough, but that it was the day that was to leave with William. I was excited, very excited and I had found my dress... the lucky dress I had spent so much time looking for. It was the best thing that had ever happened to me, and I thanked God that the day finally came.

It was a Friday, and I was sitting in class. I tried to keep myself busy, but I occasionally snuck glances at William, who sat in the front with a smirk on his lips and his glasses at the tip of his nose, his interest somewhat in the book that was in front of him. A smiled crept on my lips, and turned back to my assignment, which was a note he had given me along with my worksheet.

You know, you look quite lovely today, Buffy… Very beautiful you are, and will always be... You are such a wonderful woman, and I will never leave your side… I sound quite poetic, and wooing you too much is making me get carried away… Anyways, meet me after class; I have a gift for you… Love, Will

I read the note once more and discreetly stuck it my purse. I caught him staring at me, and he quickly turned away when I looked up. This was very silly and it made me blush… badly. Willow was sitting next to me, and she passed me a note.

‘I can see you two flirting and it’s not funny!’ she wrote and I laughed quietly.

‘I have a secret, and I know that you’re not going to approve of this, but I have to tell you because you are my best friend…’ I saw her stare at the paper for a moment before writing back.

‘What’s going on? Did something happen between you and… umm… yeah… him?’ I couldn’t help but smile at my best friend, who probably wouldn’t be my friend after I told what my plans were for the day.

‘No, of course not! Well, kind of…do you see the ring on my left hand, Wills? Well, you can imagine the rest…’ I expected her to stand up in the middle of the classroom and scream, but instead, she reacted the opposite way. She gasped and covered her mouth so a screech wouldn’t escape.

‘You slut! I envy you! (Just Kidding! Jealousy is never a part of me, and it is a scout’s honor! :-) ) Oh my God! I am so happy for you! When did this happen, or rather, when is it going to happen?’ This was going to be the hard part.

‘Well, that’s the thing… its tonight… and I haven’t told anyone…’ I watched her eyes widened as she read, and she turned to me. The bell rang, leaving me with only Willow and William in the room. I bit my lower lip as she stood up and motioned William over to us. He glanced at me for a moment as he made his way to the back of the room and then turned to Willow.

“Listen, Mr. Giles, I know that I’m a student and I’m supposed to respect the teachers, but…” Willow began before grabbing his shirt in a fist and giving him the evil eye, “…if I hear that you hurt my best friend in any way like cheating or abuse, I will personally get you where it hurts.”

“Willow!” I stood up from my seat and went over to the two, and I panicked. Willow had been my best friend since kindergarten and she was sometimes like my sister. On that day, she sounded like my mother. I thought she was going to throw him against the wall, but she dropped her hands and seriously stared at him. William raised an eyebrow, turning to me as I shrugged my shoulders.

“I like you, Mr. Giles, and you make Buffy happy, but if I find out that you hurt her in any way, I just might go to jail for murdering a teacher,” she continued, and my mouth dropped at the revelation. “I give you my approval for you two to go and get married.” Willow turned to me and smiled. “I know that your mom hasn’t given her approval for you and Mr. Giles, but…” she came up to me and took her hands in mine, “I hope my approval helps.”

“Oh, Willow!” I tightly wrapped my arms around, resting my chin on her shoulder as a few tears ran down my cheek. “Wills, I love you so much! You’re the greatest friend ever!”

“Thanks…” We parted and I smiled at her before she turned to leave the room. William had a small smile, but was still bowled over at the way Willow had reacted.

“Wow… I always tried getting a few words out of her in class and she would never talk…” William laughed as he scratched the back of his head. “Now, she seemed to have had enough confidence to approach me that way.”

“Well, you can thank me for it…” I stated as my cheeks flushed a bright red. He smiled wildly and swiftly took me in his arms. “Will! Someone might catch us!”

“What? The birthday girl doesn’t want a kiss?” he murmured as he leaned in, his lips almost touching mine. I smiled, parting my lips slightly as I pressed my lips on his. It was just a peck and I didn’t want him to be in a mess because of me.

“So,” I started, parting from his embrace as I sat on one of the desks behind me, “What did you get me?”

“Well…” he walked back to his desk and pulled out a small bag. I stared at it curiously; it was indeed small with a pale pinkish color and wrapping tissue was sticking out. He placed it on my lap and motioned me to open it.

“No, I want to open it when we’re together… after we’re married…” I whispered, my heart leaping with excitement at the thought. I saw a smile creep in his lips and he wrapped his arms around my waist. It was a blissful moment, a very small one, and we parted and stood as separate as possible.

“What time do you want me to be there?” he asked as he sat on the desk across from me. I placed the bag next to my purse and crossed my arms.

“Well, I have to write a note to my mother explaining why I ran off without her knowing…” my voice trailed off, imagining my mother weeping her eyes as she read a note she found on my bed. I pursed my lips tightly and forced a smile. William sighed deeply, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Everything is going to be fine… everything will work out, and life will go on,” he murmured, a smile warmly appearing. My heart banged against my chest at his action, something that always happened when I needed to feel his arms around me.

“You, uh, have something on your shirt,” I whispered, straightening myself up as I rubbed my hand on his right pectoral. He inhaled a deep breath, his hands finding their ways to the small of my back, and he pulled me closer to him. He placed his cheek against my temple, my eyes closing gradually as the warmth invaded my skin.

“I love you,” he whispered into my ear, his left hand circling the nape of my neck as he pulled me even closer to him.

“I love you, too, and I have to go…”

“I know, Buffy,” he answered, pulling away from me and stared into my eyes. He leaned in, softly placing a chaste kiss on my lips, and hugged me once more. “Go home. Expect me around 11:30 tonight.”

“Do you have my duffel and dress bag in your car?” I asked as I gathered my things to leave. He nodded his head, a sad smile forming on his lips. Just as I was about to leave, he grabbed my hips and pulled my back against his chest. He kissed my neck, leaving a wet trail as he made his way to my cheek. I turned my head, his lips sweetly savoring mine. I felt his hands travel up my waist; shivers electrocuted me as his fingers lightly played below my breasts.

“I have to go…” I did not want to have our special moment in the classroom, especially since we were leaving that night to Los Vegas, but it was tempting and I was vulnerable, and my mind just played tricks with me. Lustfully, he picked me up from the ground and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He bruised me with a kiss, his tongue breaking through my lips and collided with my own. He deposited me on his desk, and carefully locked the door of the classroom, shutting the shades of all the windows along with it. Suddenly, he turned off all the lights, leaving me in the bitter darkness. I couldn’t see in front of me; I couldn’t see the tip of my nose. I heard his dress shoes tapping coolly against the tile floor; they sounded so rhythmic and seductive that it sent me into a trance. I closed my eyes when I felt his hands grasp my hips and thrusted me against him. I was lifted from the desk, his hands roaming to my back as I wrapped my legs around his waist once more.

“I love you so much,” he whispered into my ear, his voice all husky and wicked. He trailed kissed up my throat as he walked and pressed me against what felt like the black chalkboard. There was writing because I braced myself, my nails trying to dig into the black and all that came out was a loud screeching noise. There rest was just pure bliss to both of us, and as we lied on the floor, our clothes covering us from the minimal protection, there was a call from the intercom.

“All teachers are needed for a half-hour faculty meeting in the conference room in ten minutes, thank you!” the voice cheered, who was Harmony Kendall, the new secretary in the switchboard. I giggled, rubbing my head against his chest as he sighed loudly.

“I can’t stand the new secretary. She’s too…”

“Jovial? Optimistic? Cheerful?”

He smiled, his hand running up and down my back slowly. I sat up, carefully retrieving the clothing that was spread across the room. I heard William groan because of the cold feeling, and I just chuckled.

“You have to go, Will. What are they going to think when you don’t show up at the meeting?” I asked as I finally finished dressing. He sighed once more and hung his head.

“I just can’t stand the other teachers staring at me… especially the young ones… those are scary,” he admitted, pulling on his shirt and buttoned it up. I slipped up on the desk as I watched him dress. He was very graceful as he did; his legs swiftly slipping into his jeans, and his loose tie hung lazily around his neck. He turned on the lights and walked to the mirror in the back of the room, stressfully trying to arrange his tie. I pursed my lips and walked over to him.

“Here, let me help you,” I whispered, gently tying the unusual knot in the tie. I felt his eyes burning on me, his breathing becoming unsteady as I rested my hands on his chest when I was finished.

“I’m going to go to the meeting, and you go home. Any staff asked, you were tutoring with me,” he whispered in return, circling his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He leaned down, pleasantly placing a chaste kiss on my lips. He leaned back and sat on the desk behind him when he lit me go. I smiled at him; the love I felt for him growing inside of was growing even larger. I gathered my things and kissed him once more.

“I love you…” I whispered, taking his hand and giving him a light squeeze.

“I love you, too… see you tonight…”

As I opened the door of the room, I stared back at him; he still sat at the desk I left him at, his arms crossed and a tender smile formed on his mouth. I wanted to run back into his arms, but I wanted to wait to tonight. I had to, and I put my mind to it.

-o-o-o-

My mother acted a bit strange as I made my way into the kitchen later that day. My friends were there and they had bought me presents, except for Willow, who had gotten me a second present, which was to be open in private with William.

“You seem to be changing before my eyes, Buffy,” my mother announced as she took out some cans of soda from the refrigerator. I turned to her and raised an eyebrow in confusion. She chuckled and shook her head. “I mean, my little girl is now eighteen years old and she is going to be independent very soon.”

‘Sooner than you think,’ I thought to myself as I pursed my lips together. She continued talking about that and I just shook my head and went up to her, hugging her dearly.

“No matter what happens, I will always love you, mom,” I whispered and hugged her tightly. She returned the gesture and sniffled. I wanted to make sure that she would love me, just make sure. “Mom, will you love me, no matter what?”

“Of course I will, Buffy. I will always love you.” That was my ticket. It was what I needed and it comforted me.

After my friends had left and the mess was picked up, I watched for my mother as she went into her room and closed the door. All the lights were off and there was no sound… other than the recent sound of an engine shutting off outside. It was only 11:15 and it gave me time to leave a note for my mother. I didn’t like the thought of going against her wishes, but I was doing this for love. Scribbling down a few paragraphs of explanation on my blue notepad, I made sure it was very visible and her eyes would catch it quickly.

I stood up and took one last look at my room. Stuffing Mr. Gordo, my cat stuff animal in my small bag along with some of the presents my friends gave me, I made my way cautiously down the steps and exited through the back door, making sure it was locked before I closed it.

As I stepped out into the front lawn, I spotted William standing against the hood of his car, a red rose in hand. His shirt was undone, showing his beautiful sculpted chest, and his slacks made him appear more mature than he was. My hands began to sweat when I realized what I was doing.

I was going to run off and get married.

The funny part was that I never regretted thinking about it.

-o-o-o-

A/N: Well, what do you think? Any suggestions? I liked this chapter, please review!

-Jess