Buffy

“Hi mom,” I mumbled as I made my way through the kitchen, grabbing a croissant from the plate on the island. I chewed on the pastry, not wanting to eat it anyways.

“Ready to go to school?” my mother asked.

“Uh... yeah,” I perplexedly remarked as I grabbed my bag from the countertop and readied myself to go out the door. My mom looked at me awkwardly. “Honey, don’t you want any breakfast?”

“No, I’ll be fine, bye.” I kissed her cheek and walked out the back door. After a while of walking I reached the school campus

“Buffy,” a female voice called from behind me, all cheery and soft. I turned to see Willow, a redhead that that has always been there for me since kindergarten.

“Hey Willow,” I returned the greeting and strolled into the school together.

“I was wondering if I could see your homework, Buff...”

“I didn’t do it...” Should I tell her? She turned to me, an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

“Why not?” I sighed as we sat down at one of the benches in the garden.

“I trust you, Willow and please don’t say anything, okay?”

“What is it? You know you can trust me...” Here goes nothing...

“I-I was with William...” I felt relieved when I said that. Somehow Willow wanted to know more.

“What? On my God! Tell me!”

“Willow, please...” My eyes wanted to water into pools of tears.

“Something happened... I’m getting worried, Buffy...” I could hear the concern in her voice. I had to tell her the rest.

“We... didn’t use protection, Willow...”

“What? But... how? Buffy...” She put a hand on my shoulder, smoothing out the wrinkled on my shirt. My chest ached with sharp pains as the tears began to flow down my face.

“I have no regrets, Willow... none.”

“Then, what’s wrong?” Here came the hard part...

“He left before I even woke up... he left me there... with a note. He just left me.”

“Oh Buffy,” Willow whispered as she brought me into a hug. My mind swirled with thoughts of him, smiling with love and reaching out for me. Willow parted from me, staring straight at me, and sighed.

“Please... don’t say anything... I don’t want him to get in trouble,” I pleaded, and wiped my tears away, leaving my cheeks flushed with crimson.

“Alright...” We stood up and made our way in the school. The hallways were a bit crowded, but it was easy to dodge the group of ditzy girls and varsity football players.

We finally got into class. It was English class, and it was rather easy since it was our senior year and our teacher was taking it lightly on us. Something didn’t feel right that day... maybe I forgot something for class, but I made sure... binder, Literature book, grammar workbook... yep, I had everything. Then I realized what was wrong: our English teacher wasn’t there at the desk. I turned to Willow, who sat behind me, who shrugged and pursed her lips. The bell rang and everyone settled into their seats, waiting for class to begin.

Suddenly, the door opened leisurely, revealing the person behind it. He wore reading glasses and his brown hair was short and a bit messy. He had a white dress shirt with a gray Armani tie loosely dangling from his neck, apparently undone. His shirtsleeves were rolled up to his elbows and the hem was tucked in his black slacks chaotically, and in his hand was a suitcase. The man turned to the class as he stood behind the desk. I couldn’t believe my eyes and quickly averted my eyes to my hands. My mouth dropped in awe at the figure.

It was William.