Buffy

The clock just ticked its way through the day but all I could think about was that baby that might be growing in my womb. It was quite overwhelming at first, but then I thought about the father and my mind would settle. It was a peaceful pleasure and hopefully it would work out fine. Ms. Gomez, my Pre-Calculus teacher, sat in the front of the room, observing us as we did the homework that she assigned us.

I sighed as the class suddenly came to a halt when the phone rang. The Spanish woman picked up the device and spoke to the person on the other side. Out of the blue, she glanced at me and nodded her head. She hung up the phone and called me to the desk.

“Yes, ma’am?” I said politely when I reached the desk. She smiled; I always liked her because of her smiles and her humor about her distant country.

“You are wanted in the office,” she answered, her accent still thick. I nodded and grabbed my books on the way out the door. I strolled through the halls slowly, absorbing the atmosphere of hamburgers and French-fries.

As I turned the corner to the administration hallway, a figure grabbed me and pulled me into the janitor’s room. I struggled in the grip, and as I was about to scream, I turned around to see William smiling widely.

“William!” I exclaimed and tackled him to the floor. I ruffled his brown hair through my fingers, laughing hysterically as he complained. He grabbed my hands and pulled them behind his neck, his face suddenly changing to a lustful stare. He cupped my cheek that now turned three shades of red, and pulled me down into a passionate kiss.

“We have to go,” he whispered between kisses, slowly pulling away from the embrace. I sighed, resting my forehead on his chest as he pulled me closer. I rolled to my side, allowing William to stand up. After straightening his vest, he reached out and took my hand.

“Where are we going?” I asked as he peeked outside to check for administrators. He turned to me and led me through the hallways of the school.

“Well, my goal is to get out of here without being suspected... then we’ll talk about where we are going,” he whispered as we reached the door to the teacher parking lot. Anxious about finally being alone with him, we reached the 1976 Chevrolet DeSoto GT that sat next to the entrance of the lot.

“Now, where do you want to go, my princess?” he asked as we got in and he started the engine of the old car. I smiled and took his hand in his, squeezing it lightly to get his attention.

“Some place where they won’t recognize us and start a rumor...” I whispered inaudibly, hoping that he wouldn’t hear me. As he opened his mouth, I placed a finger on it and leaned in, catching his lips in mine. It was a pleading kiss, his hands roaming my back as I leaned closer to him in response.

“Come on, let’s get out of town. Its Friday,” I whispered as I pulled away from him.

“What about your mother?” he asked concerned. I licked my lips profusely and bit them.

“I’ll call Willow to back me up...” I really didn’t know what I was getting into but I wanted to be with this man and I would do anything to be with him, even if it meant getting out of town.

“Are you sure?” he asked solemnly as he drove out of the parking lot and into the road. I nodded my head and leaned on his shoulder. He protectively wrapped his right arm over me as I took his phone and dialed Willow’s cell phone number.

“Hello?” Willow’s voice whispered as I heard a rumble of noise behind her.

“Willow, its Buffy.”

“Buffy! Where are you? I’ve been looking for you on campus!” she exclaimed. I sighed deeply.

“Willow, listen to me. I need you help desperately. I going out of town-“

“Buffy, are you sure you want to do that? You can get him in trouble,” she whispered, enough for William not to hear. I sighed again in thought.

“Yes, I’m sure. Please, if my mom calls, tell her I’m there... and if she asks for me, tell her I’m doing something, like the bathroom or I fell asleep while... studying!” a smile grew on William’s face as we crossed the Sunnydale border.

“Okay... I’m doing this because you are my friend and I love you... AND because YOU ARE IN LOVE,” she responded after a few minutes. I grinned from ear to ear, knowing that I was covered.

“Thanks so much Willow! I owe you a week’s worth of Bronze when I come back,” I stated and hung up, returning to my lover’s arms. William turned on the radio and slowly sang into my ear, his voice so soft and graceful to the tune. He kissed my forehead numerous times as we drove down the main road into the dreary desert.