Summary: “Maybe I was meant to lose him...” “Sometimes I wonder why I walk away...” (Put in both Buffy and Will’s POV) Don’t worry... its Spuffy!

William

She seemed to be an angel when she slept next to me. Her hair hung loosely as the wind scurried it around her, and sun glistened with splendor, creating an aurora of beauty before me. She had tucked her hand under her head, turning slightly in her seat to use it as a cushion instead of the headrest. It was the best moment I had ever shared with a woman, especially the woman I was falling madly in love with.

We reached Los Angeles a few hours after being on the road. I loved this city as if it were my homeland. I parked the car in the far end of one of the diners outside of town, hoping to get some food in our stomachs. I turned to Buffy as I turned off the ignition; I didn’t want to wake her. As I took my foot off the brake, the car moved slightly, causing her to stir and wake up.

“How long have I slept?” she asked groggily, rubbing her eyes with great force to adjust herself to the light. I smiled and stared down at my keys in hand.

“For a couple of hours, love. I took my time on the road. You looked like you needed some forty winks,” I sighed, feeling slightly embarrassed at my tone. I heard her sigh and draw closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my own, leaning her head against my shoulder.

“Thanks, Will. I did need it,” she whispered. I turned head toward her and kissed her forehead with delicacy. She sat up, her lusted emerald eyes never leaving my own. I cupped her cheek with my hand, rubbed my thumb under her eye.

I pulled her closer, kissing her discordantly as I pulled her on my lap. She grasped my neck as if she never wanted to let go and returned the kiss gruffly. Her lips against my own formed a rush of shivers down my spine and in my groin, causing my erection to jolt with force. I think she felt it because she rubbed herself against me, a moan escaping her mouth at the same time. Suddenly, she started to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” I asked as she leaned her head against my neck.

“My stomach just growled rather loudly,” she laughed, causing me to laugh as well. “That just burst the mood.”

“No, that tells me that my princess is hungry,” I assured her, running my hands down her back. “Come on, let’s go in. My treat, okay?”

“Okay…” she leaned down, brushing her lips against mine for a mere second, and then opened the door. She slid out and held out her hand to me. I took it, walking by her with glee. She is what I had been waiting for all my life. The thought of a child growing in her made me feel paternal… responsible… cherished… even though we weren’t sure yet.

She gripped my hand even tighter than usual when we entered the small diner. We sat in a booth toward the end of the eatery, trying not to attract any attention toward us. She cuddled next to me as I sat down on the cushioned seat, purring silently when I draped my arm around her affectionately.

“How does it feel to know that you are my English teacher, Will?” she asked me inaudibly, but I heard her tiny voice. Her heated breath hit my neck like a speeding bullet, causing my insides to burst within.

“It feels wonderful that I could teach you, gorgeous,” I whispered back to her and kissed her forehead eagerly. I could hear her stomach growling once more and I chuckled to acknowledge it. She raised her head with a smile and laughed as well. I cupped her cheek and then moved it to the back of her neck, puller her closer for a fervent kiss. I could never stop kissing her; her lips are the softest I have ever come in contact with.

The waitress suddenly appeared and stood at the foot of our table. She stopped us by clearing her throat and tapping her pencil against the notepad. Buffy covered her mouth and blushed furiously, turning away from me. I just gulped and smiled as I wiped my mouth clean.

“Sorry,” I murmured, placing my hands on the table.

“It’s alright, honey. We get this a bunch of times,” the elderly woman stated, her thick southern accent seeping through her voice. “What would you like? We have the early dinner special if you like.” She smiled warmly, causing me to turn to Buffy, who was smiling in return.

“Sure,” I remarked and took Buffy’s hand in mine. She nodded her head in agreement and we ordered our drinks. When she had left, Buffy and I began to chortle. I felt like I was her age, like I was an adolescent again. She draped herself on my body, tightly wrapping her arms around my waist.

“Oh William, I wish it could be like this everyday…” Buffy whispered as she ruffled her nose on the collar of my shirt. She messaged her hand against my stomach, slowly taking out the hem from the inside of my slacks.

My heart raced with full force when she restfully placed her hand on my bare skin. My hand played with the hem of her jeans; my breath grew intense as she planted kisses on my neckline. I wanted to do away with her at that moment, but I would never take her in a public place. I lifted her head from her chin, gazing into her beautiful green orbs.

“I love you, Buffy. God, I’ve wanted to tell you that since I saw you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” I admitted as I tucked strands of her hair behind her ear. Her lips curved, her eyes shimmering with a tint of joviality. She reached up and brushed her lips against mine. It was rather a pleasant moment, and I would never forget that.

“William…” she whispered as she parted from my lips. Her eyes were full of lust and aspiration. “I love you, too.”

I wanted to scream to the world. She corresponded my love to her. I smiled widely and hugged her tightly to my body. I never expressed myself the way I did to her; no one had ever been this close to me in my 27 years of existence.

“Do you accept to spend the rest of our lives together? Do want to be with me, Buffy?” I asked her, leveling myself with her face. She seemed perplexed for a moment, but smiled and nodded her head.

“Is that a yes?” I asked eagerly. She smiled even wider.

“That is a yes, William.”

~*~*~*~

A/N: I’m hoping for more reviews for this story. It’s a wonderful story and I’m getting somewhere with it. Please, review!! I’ll love you forever!

-Jess