Summary: “Maybe I was meant to lose him…” “Sometimes I wonder why I walk away…” The tale of a forbidden love... (Put in both Buffy and Will’s POV) Don’t worry… its spuffy!

~*~*~*~

William

I just didn’t want to let go of her for that moment… it would be too painful to set my hands free from her frail skin. She appeared graceful before my eyes, her complexion showing salient perfection as I grazed my hand over her shoulder. I had propped myself on my elbow, overlooking her beauty as I she stirred. She opened her eyes, a smile forming on her lips.

“Is it morning, Will?” she asked groggily as she stretched out and yawned. I turned myself to view the clock on the nightstand; it read 6:30.

“Yeah… its morning alright…” I admitted, feeling a sudden sadness for the time.

“But I don’t want to go, Will…” Buffy whispered as she cuddled herself next to my body, her arms wrapping clumsily around my waist. I kissed her forehead, and returned the hug.

“I know, love… I don’t either…” I confessed once again, my heart racing abnormally when she lifted herself above me and stare into my eyes.

“Let’s get married,” she unpredictably blurted out, yet her voice seemed kind and seductive.

“You’re still young, love… you’re seventeen…” I whispered, and tucked a piece of loose hair behind her ear. It was the truth and it hurt me like a pile of bricks landing on my head.

“I know, Will… you don’t have to remind me…” she sighed as she placed her head against my chest.

“Love, when is your birthday?” I asked her curiously. She smiled against my skin and lifted her head.

“April 10th… why?”

“Just asking, love… Well, we have to head back… your mother will worry when she doesn’t hear from you…” I mumbled audibly, toying gently with her hair. Just as I finished saying my sentence, my phone rang with force on the nightstand. I grabbed it swiftly and pressed the talk button.

“Mr. Giles?” a squeaky voice greeted on the other line. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

“Yes? Who is this?”

“I’m Willow… Buffy’s friend… You guys need to come back!” she quietly exclaimed on the phone. I sat up, gently pushing Buffy to her side of the bed.

“What’s going on?” I asked nervously.

“Buffy’s mom is here and she’s asking for Buffy… what do I do?” Willow panicked, her voice creaking as she tried to keep it low.

“What did you tell her, Willow?”

“It’s Willow? What’s going on, Will?” Buffy asked as she shot up from the bed. William nodded his head as he dragged his legs to the side of the divan and placed them on the ground.

“I told her that she left me a note saying that she needed to meet up with you early because she needed a tutor to help her with English…” Willow whispered, and a voice was heard in the background. “I’m coming, Joyce! Listen, Mr. Giles, what do I tell her?”

“Tell her that Buffy’s in good hands… that she just needed some help on the Shakespeare assignment that we are doing… if she asks, its about Othello and Midsummer Night’s Dream,” I answered and there was a click on the line. I turned off my phone and turned to Buffy. She had grasped her the sheets to her chest and her face showed a questioning complexion.

“What happened, William?” she asked monotonously, her voice keeping the same pitch.

“Your mother is at Willow’s house…” I plainly uttered, and I rubbed my eyes in thought. I felt her arms wrap around my chest, gently squeezing me to get my attention. I turned my head to the side, kissing her forehead as she placed her chin on my shoulder.

“I hope everything is alright,” she whispered, even though she knew that it wasn’t. “I love you no matter what happens, William…”

“I know, love… I love you, too,” I whispered and turned to face her, brushing my lips indolently against hers.

~*~*~*~

The rest of the way back was rather quiet. Buffy kept her head on my shoulder the whole time, the anxiety of what was to happen next bubbling in her blood. I knew she would be like that… she kept fidgeting and getting comfortable every ten minutes.

“I love you,” she whispered into my ear as she sat up to look at me. I pulled up to the side of road, my mind racing with thoughts. I turned to her, my eyes filled with lust as I pulled Buffy into my arms.

“God, I love you too, Buffy,” I murmured against her neck as we had a passionate embrace. “I can’t live without you for one minute.”

I kissed her deeply, tightening my grip against her. She moaned hungrily as she pushed me back toward the door. Our bodies thrusted together as our hands began to explore. I took her as mine once more.

We reached Sunnydale… Hopefully everything wouldn’t go to hell from the moment we stepped into Rovello Drive. Buffy had fallen asleep on the side of the door since our encounter moments before.

I lightly shook the blonde before we reached her house. She smiled as she stretched out, but then her lips formed a straight line when she realized where we were.

“Buffy! Where the hell have you been?” the elderly Summers screamed as she spotted my blonde goddess walking out of the car.

“Mom! I really needed the help from Mr. Giles!” Buffy calmly stated, but I noticed her temper rising. Mrs. Summers gazed at her daughter for a minute and then turned to my car. I got out, frantically grabbing my glasses from my pocket and placed them on my nose.

“I’m sorry… my name is William Giles…” I really didn’t know what to say to her. “I’m sorry that we took too much time with your daughter, but she frenetically came to me yesterday when I gave the assignment.”

“It is alright, Mr. Giles… Are you related to Rupert Giles?” I smiled mildly.

“Yes, he is my uncle…” At least she isn’t killing me, right? I watched Buffy from behind her mother; her lips pursed together, and signaled me to call her. I smiled, acknowledging her request and continued to talk to her mother.

“Well tell dear old Rupert to give me a call. I haven’t of him in ages,” Mrs. Summers replied, chuckling as she crossed her arms. “Thank you for bringing my daughter back home.”

“Anytime, Mrs. Summers.” I watched the two go into the home. It was rather heartbreaking as I watched Buffy turn around and glance at me before retiring into her home. I couldn’t put up with such heartache. My life belonged with hers and I couldn’t wait any longer.

April 10th… I have two weeks to wait… then we will decide on abscond.

A/N: Well, what do you think? Does anyone like this story? Let me know, please!!

-Jess