Summary: “Maybe I was meant to lose him…” “Sometimes I wonder why I walk away…” The tale of a forbidden love... (Put in both Buffy and Will’s POV) Don’t worry… its spuffy!

~*~*~*~

Buffy

Sleeping alone was the most horrible thing I could do at that moment. I never thought that I would miss William so much that it got to that point. It was foolish, but I couldn’t help it.

Remembering the conversation I had with my mom after we ate dinner, I ran to my room and locked the door. I swiftly changed into a soft tank top and a pair of my old cheerleader shorts, and I threw myself on the bed, absorbing the sweet smell of lavender and vanilla. I curled up into a ball and thought about my mother’s words.

“You know, Mr. Giles looks familiar…” my mother’s words broke the silence as we finished eating. I gulped, hoping that she didn’t. She met him a couple of months before, around the same time we were introduced. She knew that we were into each other, but she took it as if it was never serious.

“Really, mom? Why do you say that?” I stuttered, taking my plate in my hands and walking into the kitchen.

“I don’t know… he looks like that boy I met a few months back…”

Shit…

“Really? I thought so too, but it turned out that this guy went to Oxford… he told me while he was helping me out…” More like when we were intimate with each other… my mind whirled with thoughts as I did the dishes. She smiled at me, and I tried not to blurt out anything that I would lament later.

“He’s quite young,” my mother continued to babble on. “He looks like he’s in his late twenties…”

“I-I’m not sure… not interested…” I lied, and after I did, I bit my tongue vigorously. My mother looked at me as if I was unwell.

“Well then, that’s good, darling… What was the assignment about? Willow filled me in but I want to know the whole thing.”

Oh God… Help…

“Umm… it was something about Midsummer Night’s Dream… started reading it and I totally blew it off… he helped me understand it…” Yeah, helped me understand it in a completely different way… I had never read that book, or whatever it is, in my life.

“Oh honey! That is a wonderful play,” my mother chanted, her voice leveling to one of a comforting friend. “It is a romantic comedy!”

“Sorry mom, but I didn’t find anything funny about it,” I stated as I turned off the sink and dried my hands with the towel she had handed me.

“Well, you will understand it… I think that you will do well with this teacher, dear…” my mother sighed as kissed my cheek before going into her study.


I missed William like crazy. I wished he were here with me…

My cell phone rang, and I remembered that I left it here in my room the whole time…”Hello?”

“Hi love…” his voice quivered a huge relief all over my body. It was a sensational relief, and I was glad that I had it.

“Hi William…”

“How was your dinner?” he asked as I turned to lie on my back.

“It was rather interesting…” I sighed as I heard him chuckle on the other end. I loved his laugh; it was very amusing to listen to.

“Let me guess… you mother asked you how old I was and that I looked familiar to someone you might have met a couple of months before…”

“How did you know?” I asked humorously, a giggle escaping as I spoke.

“Are you in bed?” he asked me seriously, his voice lowering to a slight whisper. I raised an eyebrow, and I sat up from my bed.

“Yeah… why?”

“Get up…” he decreed benevolently, and I awkwardly obeyed.

“Okay, I’m up.”

“Walk over to the window…” As I did, I saw him standing across the street with the phone in his hand and vigilantly waving to me with the other. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him.

“Buffy, are you going to bed?” my mother’s voice startled me from the other side of the door, making me turn abruptly.

“Yeah, mom... Good night!” I exclaimed quickly and sighed as I heard her footsteps disappear down the hall and into her room. I waved to William, motioning him to come to the window. Within minutes he was climbing the oak tree and next to the window.

“Hey,” he whispered as I gave him entry into my room. He was still wearing the clothing from the night before: the white dress shirt with the gray Armani tie and the black slacks. He smiled at me warmly as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“We have to be extra quiet, William,” I murmured as he kissed my neck sparsely.

“I know… I was watching for your mother the whole time I was out there…” I mumbled against my skin, feeling his smile and continue placing delicate kisses up my neck.

“You were outside the whole time?” I asked, giggling as I felt his cold hands grasping my back under the tank top.

“Yeah… waiting to see you and take you into my arms…” he mumbled as his lips came onto mine.

“Buffy?” I heard my mother’s voice once more from the other side of my door. I jolted away from William, my finger coming to his lips to keep him quiet.

“Yeah mom?” I asked a bit annoyed as William grasped my hips, pushing them toward his in mere pleasure. A gasp escaped my mouth as I felt him kissing my neck leisurely.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping tomorrow with me. I have to go by the mall…” I wanted to go with her so much, but I couldn’t. I wanted to spend as much time with William as possible.

“Sorry mom… I need to meet up with Mr. Giles for more studying… do you mind?” I heard my mother sigh. William’s eyes came up to mine, his orbs full of lust and need.

“Sure honey, I don’t mind at all. You need to catch up with that studying. I think that teacher is going to help you through the year,” my mother stated and left to her room. I sighed in relief, leaning my head against William’s shoulder.

“You know you don’t have to go meet up with me,” he whispered into my ear, “Your mother deserves some time with you.”

“I know, but I want to spend time with you… as much as I can…” I whispered back, my arms tightening around him. I had the thought that I might have to leave him, and I think he began to notice it.

“What’s wrong? You’re tense, you know,” he uttered as he motioned me to sit down on the bed. The idea of not being with him gave me shivers up and down my spine, and I rubbed my arms for friction.

“I-I don’t know how long we’re going to keep this going… you know, like keeping our relationship hidden from everyone…well, except for Willow…” I smiled as I mentioned my best friend’s name. William smiled as well, but he had a sad face. I leaned my head on his shoulder, my eyes beginning to swell.

“I know that we can’t, but we have to wait until your birthday comes around,” he cooed, wrapping his arms protectively around me for comfort. “I will spoil you rotten that day and after that. We can elope if you want. I don’t care, as long as we are together.”

His eyes were so truthful and warm. I cupped his cheek tenderly and rested my forehead against his. I felt him close his eyes, and he pulled me closer to him as we lay back against the bed. We just lay there, speechless, until he spoke again.

“I really want the child, Buffy,” he whispered, his fingers brushing into my hair. The corners of my lips twitched into a smile and I turned up to stare at him.

“I want the child too, Will,” I answered and pulled myself up to his eye level, brushing my lips carelessly against his.

“What if you are not pregnant?” he asked shyly, his cheeks turning three shades of red. I giggled, rubbing my hands against them to calm them down.

“Then, I’m not and we’ll try again.” I couldn’t believe that I had said that. His eyes grew wider, and a smile curled widely on his lips. He hugged me tightly to him and whispered ‘I love you’ numerous times into my ear like a lunatic.

“I’m so pleased that I’m with you. I’m so in love with you, Buffy,” he murmured into my ear, and I reacted by my eyes swelling up with glistening tears.

“I love you, too…”

~*~*~*~

A/N: What do you think? Anyone like? I do!