Buffy’s eyes widened slightly as she looked to Xander and Angel. She could hear Spike approaching the room so she quickly got up. She got through one of the doors and hid behind the doorframe just as Spike came through the other door.

“Bloody hell, Peaches. I was callin’ you out there.” Spike sounded a combination of pissed off and…worried?

“Yeah well, my enemies aren’t usually my greatest concern.”

“I’m not your enemy,” Spike almost growled out.

“What makes you so sure?” Xander cut in. But the iciness he used to have toward Spike was gone. His tone only suggested that he was trying to get a point across.

“Well, after you hear what I have to say, you’ll be pretty damn sure too.” Taking a breath, Spike opened his mouth to say something and suddenly his eyes widened. “A slayer?”

Buffy clamped her eyes shut as she hid on the other side of the doorframe. How could she not remember that Spike should be able to sense a slayer, no matter who it was?

“W-what?” Angel managed to say, shocked as well.

“They told me they killed all the slayers. Hell they did…I can sense one.” Spike walked around the room for a second before stopping. “You have one here!”

“Spike, it isn’t-”

Spike seemed to snap out of his state and silenced Angel. “Not why I’m here. The other side-”

“The evil side? The one you work for?” Angel asked coldly.

“Well, yeah. Somehow they found out about your little operation here. They’re sending demons over now to take all of you back to the prisons.”

The whole room was silent for a second before Xander ran from the room, going to warn everyone.

But it was too late. Suddenly, dozens of demons burst through the door, armed with weapons.

Some had also come from the back and side doors, trapping all inside. Buffy didn’t know that a demon had come up behind her until he had already grabbed her and was dragging her out. “Angel!” She managed to scream before the demon clamped his hand over her mouth.

Spike’s head shot up at the scream, and the dozens of other screams that were coming from the other people now.

But that one scream. Something was familiar about the woman’s voice. He couldn’t figure it out though. As a demon came to drag Angel away, Spike gave him an apologetic look.

{A/N: I want people to realize that Spike wouldn’t recognize Buffy’s scream in an instant. It’s been over ninety years since he last saw her. Ninety years of fighting and whatnot plus not seeing her…he knows it’s familiar, but it’s just been to long to suddenly know it’s Buffy.}

“Ms. Summers?…Ms. Summers?” Someone called in a whisper.

The sound caused Buffy to open her heavy eyelids and lift her body slowly from the concrete.

She was in a cell. And this small ‘prison’ had another 19 jail cells all lined against the walls. It was hardly enough for her to move in. In every single cell there was at least one person. Some of the people were awake, but most were unconscious.

“Buffy?” Buffy’s head shot toward the same voice that had woken her up. It was the cell right next to hers. Inside it was a man and a woman who didn’t have enough room to sit comfortably.

“Do I know you?” She asked, also whispering.

“No…not really. My name is Curtis. And this-” he pointed to the woman, “-is Serena.”

Buffy sat herself against the concrete wall so she could face him. “The ones that brought me back,” she stated, a hint of coldness in her tone.

“Yes, about that…”

“Why?”

Curtis sighed and looked down for a second. “They killed all the slayers, Buffy. All of them. The slayer line was ended, and the only way to bring it back was to bring back the source of the slayer power. You.”

“Wouldn’t the source be the first Slayer?”

“We thought so as well at first. But because of the spell you had Ms. Rosenberg do so many years ago, you became the source.”

“Yay me,” she replied, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

“I hope you understand that we-”

“Do you know what you did to me? You took me from Heaven. You brought me back to an Earth that’s even more like Hell than it was before.” Her tone was low and seething. “You didn’t care what I would want, or how I’d feel.” For some reason, her tone was now softening. “Thank you.”

“Erm, excuse me? Thank you?”

“Yes. Thanks. This is painful for me…just being here. But, if you had listened to Angel’s orders and not brought me back…then there would be no more slayers to protect you later. So. I understand. I’m not happy. But I understand.”

Buffy now turned to Serena. “And you’re the one Willow gave her power to?” With Serena’s nod, Buffy opened her mouth, but was cut off by the sound of a door opening on the other side of the room.

Staying silent, she heard two voices, and froze.

“These are Angel’s runaways…all the ones he took in. Go through; see how many are dead. Find out how many would be of use to us. Report back to Grather.” She didn’t recognize

“Fine.” It was only one word, but she’d know Spike’s voice from anywhere. She forced her heartbeat to slow.

As she leaned back against the stone wall more, she lowered her head and let her hair fall against her face. This way she not only looked asleep, but also Spike wouldn’t recognize her.

She heard him walk past her cell and down to the end of the hallway. She jumped at the sudden sound of him yelling.

“Everybody up! If you want to pretend sleep, fine. But anyone who doesn’t move is assumed dead! Stand!”

Sighing, Buffy stood on shaky legs and froze. There was a single cut on her knee. Spike would definitely smell the blood and know she was a slayer.

Not letting it bother her more, Buffy stood straight, but was standing so that only her side could be seen from the outside of the cell. She let her hair fall on the sides of her head so Spike wouldn’t be able to see her profile from the side.

That’s when she felt him stop in front of her door. “So. You’re the Slayer I sensed earlier? Grather will love this.” She could just imagine the smirk on his face as he said this. “Wanna turn around so I can see you?”

Buffy didn’t move or speak, just standing in a defiant pose.

“Come on. Don’t be that way.”

Still no response.

“Bloody hell!” She heard him fumble for keys. “What is it about slayers that makes them so damn infuriating!”

Buffy turned just as he opened the door and he froze instantly.

“Oh, I seem to recall a certain slayer you fell in love with,” she replied as if this was no big deal.

“B-Buffy?”