When Buffy woke the next day, she felt pain still coursing through her from her little Montavus encounter yesterday.

She hadn’t slept well last night, trying to come up with a plan to stop the current war. She knew that the first thing she needed to do was to free these people.

Without further hesitation, she ignored the pain and went to her cell door. Using all her strength, she tried to pry apart the bars, but she quickly learned that they weren’t very pliant.

Closing her eyes, she tried to think. She needed someone or something that was really strong.

But then she knew that all she had left was her strength. That’s the only thing she had going for her.

With a newfound determination, Buffy once again went to the bars and pulled them apart. When she realized it wasn’t working, she looked toward the ceiling. “If you damned Powers loved me the least little bit, you could help out,” she remarked with sarcasm.

But, as if the Powers were actually listening and still held hope for the Earth, Buffy reached for the bars again and pried them open. She didn’t know why it was so hard; she’d done it before, that time when she had to protect Andrew and Jonathon.

When the bars were far enough apart, Buffy crouched down so she could climb out. Everyone in the room stared at her in wonder. “Okay…I’m getting all of you out of here,” she said in a whisper. “No one leaves this room until I have everyone out, is that clear?” Everyone looked utterly confused. No one had ever told them to do this before. Sighing, Buffy explained herself. “I know that since you’ve been alive, you’ve learned that it’s ‘every man for himself’. Well, that’s changing. From now on, no one gets left behind. If one of us gets trapped in here, we all do. And we all fight to get out together.”

When the prisoners nodded their understanding, Buffy went to the cage of someone. When she got there, she sensed it was a vampire. “I don’t bite humans, if that’s what you’re wondering,” the male clarified and Buffy spread apart the bars to allow him an exit.

“Help me get these people out,” she told the vamp, knowing he had strength like she did.

Going as quickly as their power permitted them to, the slayer and vampire had gotten everyone out. Buffy was breathing very hard, and both she and the vamp were feeling weak.

“Now how are 24 humans and a vampire supposed to walk out of a prison without getting noticed?” A young woman asked.

“We don’t,” Buffy answered. “We fight. Let’s go.”

“Hold up!” Buffy turned around, looking annoyed. “You mean…we’re just going to go start a fight?”

“No,” Buffy answered. “We’re going to walk out of here and kill anything that gets in our way.”

No one seemed to like the plan, but they nodded reluctantly.

--Less than ten minutes later---

“I don’t like this, Buffy,” a young man said shyly. “We’re almost out of here…and we haven’t seen anything that’s tried to stop us. Which is weird, considering they have cameras everywhere.”

“I know. I’m a bit suspicious myself,” Buffy agreed. “But, don’t complain; you’ll jinx us.”

Surprisingly, they made it out of the prison complex without a problem. “That was a bit too easy,” A girl replied.

“They know we left,” Buffy concluded. “But they know I’m coming back. That’s why they didn’t stop us.”

“Wait. You’re going back?”

“I have to. A man named Angel, and a very dear friend of mine, Xander, are still inside somewhere. I have to save them.”

“But-”

“But nothing. You guys will be safe to get underground and find another hideout until sundown.”

“What happens at sundown?”

“I’ll find you,” she promised and started running back inside before any of them could protest.

---Twenty minutes later---

Buffy had gone back inside and was slowly searching through the complex when she was jerked back into the shadows, a hand over her mouth. She was about to do some serious butt-kicking when she realized it was Xander’s hand. “Hey,” he whispered and let go of her. “We heard some guards talking about how an entire block of prisoners had escaped, figured it was you.”

“Why’d you come back?” Angel asked.

“To get you guys.”

“Hmm…weird. Wouldn’t they have stopped you, ya know…instead of just letting you walk out?”

“That’s what I figured…but, we weren’t stopped.”

“Something’s up,” Angel whispered, trying to think.

“Let’s not wait here to find out,” Xander replied.

“I can’t leave all these people here,” Buffy said while shaking her head.

“Buff, there’s thousands of people all over the planet that are in prisons. I want them out as much as you do. But let’s do this one thing at a time.”

Halfheartedly, Buffy allowed Xander and Angel to lead her away from the prison.

---Nightfall---

“Here you guys are,” Buffy sighed when she finally found the group of runaways. “Nice hideout. Took us seven hours to find you.”

The others seemed happy at her comment. “This’ll have to do for now. We can move tomorrow. We don’t want to stay in the same place to long.” She looked over the group, scanning them. “Serena, Curtis, come with Xand, Angel and I. Um…vampire dude,” she called, pointing to the vamp that had helped her earlier.

“Carson,” he told her.

“Okay, Carson, could you watch everyone while I talk to these guys?” He nodded. “Thanks.”

Buffy led Angel, Xander, Serena, and Curtis over to the other part of the cave and sat down on a rock. “Welcome to my office. Please have a seat,” she said sarcastically and motioned for them to sit on rocks as well.

“Okay, what’s this about?” Angel asked.

“We need a plan. A good one. Somehow we need to get on the inside and find out who’s in control; find out how to stop them.”

“Spike tried that once. We all see how that went.”

“So what if I was the one to go on the inside?” Buffy asked.

“What!?” Xander and Angel shouted in unison.

“Guys…I’d be able to handle myself…plus, why on Earth wouldn’t they want a slayer working on their side. It’s perfect.”

“No, it’s stupid,” Angel cut in.

“Actually, I agree with the slayer,” Curtis said quietly.

“And I could give her a few magic items for her defense if she’d need them,” Serena added.

Buffy looked to Angel and Xander. “You guys should know that I’m doing this whether you like it or not. But I’d like to know I have your approval.”

Sighing, they both agreed with a nod of their heads. “Thanks. I’ll get ready tonight and leave tomorrow morning.”

As they walked back over to the group, Carson stood up. “Guys, I’ll be back in just a minute,” he infomed them and walked until the rest of the group was no longer in sight. Getting out a cell phone, he dialed the number.

He’d heard the entire conversation between Buffy and her friends, and he was smirking. Finally, the person on the other line answered. “Hello…Hey, boss…No, but I have some great news…She’s falling right into our plan.”

A/N: Okay, I feel that I should warn you. This story is probably going to turn into a baby one…ya know, where Spike and Buffy have a baby. But…hear me out. It’ll be by a prophecy…but it won’t be like the other fics that have Buffy babies in them. It’s not going to be very happy at all as far as the child goes. But, believe me…I’ll make up for it all with a happy ending. Lol. So, tell me in your reviews whether you like the idea or not. It’ll all fit in with the story; don’t worry. Review and thanks!