Year 2094

They were all dead. Every last slayer had been found and murdered. Some had tried hiding underground, but it never worked. They could always sense where the slayers were.

Over the years, more slayers had been born, and the ones that were able to be kept alive were raised and trained. But now every slayer was gone.

The only muscle the side of good had left was a bunch of civilians and vampires and demons that had decided to redeem themselves.

But most humans were prisoner now.

The fight had been kept in LA for a full two years when it had first started. The demon side had come at them harder and faster than they could’ve imagined. But they were just two strong.

The new powerful demons had spread over the world in the matter of months.

Too fast.

This was in every way, a living hell.

“Angel, sir,” a young human boy started, wringing his hands as he talked. He was one of the prisoners that happened to escaped, and Angel had taken him in and trained him.

Angel looked up from his papers. His features were different now. There were battle scars above his left eye and near his jawbone.

The desk he sat at was small, old, and worn. The building itself looked like it must be a broken-down warehouse. But they had nowhere else to go.

“What is it?” Angel asked, a little harsher than he’d intended. Ninety years of constant fighting could change a person.

“Some of the leaders were talking…but of course we have to have your approval first…”

“Just say it,” he said in a slightly calmer tone.

“We found the source of the slayer power…and we want to bring it back…”

Angel’s eyes narrowed as he waited for the boy to continue.

“Her name was Buffy Summers…she was the source of power that led there to be many Chosen girls instead of just ‘One’. We were just-”

The boy hadn’t even seen Angel get up from his desk, but now the brunette vampire was holding him by the neck against a wall. He hadn’t heard that name mentioned since she died ninety years ago.

He had no intentions of letting go of the boy until someone placed there hand on his arm in a calming gesture.

“Angel…you kill him, that’s one less person we have to fight for us,” the young brunette man said.

Angel considered it for a moment before releasing his hold on the man. “Get out,” he said in a strained voice, and then turned to the one who’d stopped him.

“I’m sorry, Xander. It’s just that I haven’t heard her name for so long…and now that I finally did…it’s because they want to bring her back.”

“I know. But, Angel…you didn’t see the way Buffy was after she came back from Heaven…It’s hard for me to even remember now, it’s been so long.”

“I don’t want to do it to her…but, Xander…you know we need a slayer. Without one, every human and redeemed vampire will die.”

“I know, man. And believe me, I don’t want to be dust anymore than you do. But…you have to remember whose life your dealing with. It’s Buffy…not just some random girl.”

Angel didn’t say anything, but nodded his head lightly.

“Listen, why don’t I go get us both some blood, and we’ll figure out where we have more muscle in our army, okay?”

Angel nodded again as Xander walked away.



The young man that Angel had almost killed, walked back out to where some of his other leaders were.

“He didn’t say no,” he replied, sighing.

“So, he said yes?”

“No. He didn’t say anything. I can tell he wants it…but he’s not going to give you permission to do it.”

“Damn…”

“Look. I know Angel’s the one running our side, but we can’t do what he says to forever and expect to live. Get the witch, and a few men together. We’ll meet at her cemetery tonight at eleven. We don’t have time to waste.” The older blond man stood up and walked from the room after his orders had been given.



“Spike,” a large red demon hissed out. “Do you realize we terminated the last slayer yesterday?”

Spike looked up from where he was staring. He only bleached his hair every once in a while now so his hair was mostly brown with a little bleach at the tips.

“Well, that’s good for us then, isn’t it.” He didn’t sound too enthused, or show much emotion at all for that matter.

Sighing, the demon looked down at his paper, trying to remember the real reason he came to talk to Spike. “Oh, there was another human that escaped today. Master wants you on the job.”

Standing up, Spike took a long, unneeded breath and nodded. “Right then. I’ll just be going after sunset.”

Without another word, he walked from the room.


11:00pm

“Serena, you have no idea how grateful we are that you were willing to do this spell,” the blond man from earlier announced as the young brunette witch walked into the cemetery.

“I’m not one for going against Angel’s wishes…but I know we need strength. Lead the way.”

11:24pm

Serena was out of breath now. She’d just managed to finish her spell, and felt so weak from the amount of magic.

“How will we know if it worked?”

“It worked. It’ll take time because of how long the body has been dead. Come, we must leave now.” The men followed Serena out, not looking back.

There was no need to dig her up first.

She was the Slayer…she could do that herself, right?

3:45am

The night had grown colder and darker, Spike noted as he walked the streets. He couldn’t sense the human he was hunting anywhere, but he could sense magics in the air. He’d gotten really good at that: knowing when the side of good had brought out their magic tricks. Sighing, he continued his search without emotion.


The ground above Buffy’s grave began to waver slightly before it caved in and a single hand appeared.

The only logical thought going through her head as she pulled herself from her grave was, ‘Oh God, please…not again.’