Down

Disclaimer: Don’t own a thing.
Timeline: After Damage (newest ep. On Jan. 28th). Andrew returns after a visit to Team Angel. Base on Spoilers!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

“Buffy open up! You have to eat something!” Dawn pounded on the door some more but no one replied. Dawn pounded on the wood door again. This time she got a reply.

“Go away.” A little voice said. Dawn rolled her eyes.

“Buffy, you haven’t eaten for days, your gonna turn into a …a … bag of bones!” Dawn said, trying to convince her sister to come out of her room. But this time, she got no reply. Dawn eventually gave up and walked downstairs to the living room where Xander and Willow were seated. Giles was out at the airport picking Andrew up.

“She refused to come down again?” Willow asked, after seeing Dawn’s frown. Dawn grumbled a little before sitting down beside her.

“I’m starting to get worried here; she hasn’t eaten in days.” Xander said, forehead wrinkling up.

“She seemed perfectly happy when we first came over, and then wham. She eats less and less everyday. Then she starts ignoring us and hiding in her room. What’s next?” Dawn asked, taking a sip of water from her cup.

“Well, do we know why she’s feeling all down and under the weather?” Willow asked, getting worried about her best friend. The group sat around in silence for a few minutes, listening to the rain hitting on the windows of their rented house.

They suddenly hear the creaking sound of somebody walking down the stairs. A few seconds later, Buffy stood at the doorway of the kitchen.

“Buffy!” Dawn said, surprised that she got out of her room. “You want something to eat, you look a little pale.”

“A piece of toast will be enough.” Buffy said quietly, sitting down beside her friends. They waited for her to say something more but she just sat there, fidgeting with a ring around her finger. Willow saw this and asked.

“That ring looks familiar… who gave it to you?” Willow asked, trying to remember where she saw it. Buffy took it off her hand and held it close to her heart.

“Spike.” She whispered, gripping the ring harder.
“What? Some of us don’t have Vamp hearing.” Xander asked before realizing the answer himself.

“Spike.” Willow said, finally figuring out where she saw the ring. Dawn arrived with a piece of toast on the plate.

“Here, there’s plenty more where that came from.” Dawn said as Buffy took the plate. Buffy thanked her quietly and got up to return to her room.

“Buffy, do you want to talk to us? I mean, to make you feel better and stuff.” Willow said, hoping that her friend would stay longer. But she got no reply as the slayer shuffled off quickly up the stairs back into her room. A silence hung over the three people until Xander finally broke the silence.

“She misses Spike.” Xander stated.

“Well, gee how do you know? Of course its Spike!” Willow said. Dawn opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by the door opening.

“So you say Angel is trying to keep Spike from us.” Giles said, his forehead all wrinkled up. Andrew nodded like a bobble head. The group heard this and they were confused.

“Spike? As in William the Bloody Spike?” Xander asked the 2 who just arrived.

“Yah! Off course that Spike-” Andrew replied before being cut off by Giles.

“It seems that Spike is back.” Giles informed the group before sitting down beside Xander.

“That’s great!” Willow said with a big grin on her face. “No more depressed Buffy if she hears this info.”

“Buffy is depressed?” Giles asked, forehead getting so scrunched up that it looked like a candy wrapper.

“Yah, she refused to come out of her room and to eat remember?” Dawn asked.

“Maybe I should talk some sense into her and tell her about Spike.” Giles said as he got up. However, Xander stopped him.

“How bout we surprise Buffy. We can take her to L.A. After all, we do need a vacation from the rain and clouds here.” Xander suggested.

“I thought you hated Spike.” A confused Willow asked.

“Let’s just say, I owe him a little for saving the world.” Xander said.
The group planned the trip and ordered the tickets. They were going to L.A. for a well needed break.


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
END CHAPTER
Please read and review