Buffy stood speechless to his accusations, which only served to make him angrier. “You know what, I got better things to do, so I’ll see you around Slayer, and next time you go patrolling go grab up one of ‘your friends’.” And with a dramatic move of tossing his cigarette to the ground and then smashing it into the dirt with his boot, Spike stalked off and out of the cemetery, leaving Buffy to look after him.

~~~~

“Self-righteous bitch,” Spike grumbled as he proceeded through the middle of Sunnydale’s bustling Downtown Square, heading to The Bronze, which had become his safe haven from his thoughts of Buffy. There he could wash away the pain of not having her in his unlife anymore. Spike entered The Bronze, tapping the bar top as he passed, to let the barkeep know he had arrived and would be at his usual table, to which the Bartender nodded his acknowledgement, and quickly pulled out a full bottle of ‘JD’ and a shot glass, which he instructed a waitress to take over to where Spike sulked.

“Come on now, it can’t be that bad,” A female’s voice spoke out but Spike didn’t look up until the whiskey bottle and shot glass was set before him.

“Yeah and what would you know about it?” He shot out snidely tossing some money on the table, as he regarded the waitress who he figured was new since he hadn’t seen her there in the past month.

“Nothing I guess,” She replied as she grabbed up the money and placed it in her apron pocket, not making a move to give him change for the large bill. “Except no girl is worth that sour look on your face or getting plastered off your ass, and I don’t care how cute she thinks she is, nor how tight her nooky might be.” Spike chuckled at that comment.

“So you know Buffy, then?” He joked again chuckling, as he shook and lowered his head a bit.

“No can’t say that I do, but then again I’m not one to keep company with fools, and she’s got to be a big one for dumping on you. I’m Sam by the way.” The woman extended her hand to Spike but he stared at it and the body it was attached to a moment before he accepted it, and shook it firmly.

“Spike,” He responded as he let his mind register and then memorize Sam. She was a petite girl, he’d guess the same weight as Buffy though maybe an inch or two taller, with hazel-green eyes like Buffy, but instead of the blonde tresses, Sam held a head full of long raven hair, that seemed to shine and shimmer with every move she made.

“Don’t be comparing me to ‘her’.” Sam said placing her hand on her hip as she smirked down at him.

“I wasn’t…sorry,” Spike said not caring enough to deny it instead he unscrewed the bottle of whiskey and filled the shot glass. “What are you psychic?”

“Nope, just a woman with a keen intutition. Guess I’ve bugged you enough I’ll let you get back to your self pitying, if you need anything just give a whistle, and it was nice to meet you Spike though I’m sure I’ll be seeing more of you.” Spike simply raised his glass in salute before downing it and then smacking the glass down on the table as Sam smiled, shaking her head as she headed off.

“Hey don’t you owe me some change?” Spike called after her.

“Nope, that’s my counseling fee.” And then with a wink Sam disappeared into the crowd of swarming dancers, leaving Spike to smile after her before he focused back onto his liquid lover.