Jezebel moaned in pain. Her head was spinning, and a sticky yet warm substance was running into her eyes from her forehead. She couldn't see a thing through the red liquid blinding her, but she was aware of the former vampire, Spike, lying unconscious next to her. She felt someone lift her up and put her on a cushioned bed-like thing with metal bars on the sides. She passed out right after that vaguely aware of the flashing red and blue and white lights which made her headache worse.

¤ ¤ ¤

Buffy sat next to Spike's hospital bed, gently playing with his blonde hair which was sorta on the longish side now. He had been in the hospital for 3 weeks already, as had Jezebel Howe, the new S.I.T who reminded everyone of a miniature Faith. She prayed he would be okay, even though she knew no one else wanted that. He had so many tubes and needles stuck inside him that he was given a sedative every few hours incase he woke up, so he wouldn't freak out at them all. He was really scared of needles, and Buffy couldn't really blame him. She looked around his hospital room, at each and every beeping and blonking machine hooked up to him. A heart monitor. Pulse oximeter. IV bag. Blood bag. The blood bag made her smile faintly. A few weeks back he would of drank from one of those, now donated blood was what would keep him alive.
He looked horrible. His face was torn up on the left side, and he was bruised on his left cheek, his arms and everywhere else that hadn't been protected by his jeans and leather jacket. It wasn't Spike's driving skills that had gotten him and the new potential nearly killed, it was something else. The motorcycle Spike had had since Buffy had died had been tinkered with, and he hadn't been able to brake slightly for the sharp turn on the country road on the outskirts of town. Buffy had spoken to Jezebel who wasn't that much injured, except for a large gash along her forehead that was going to be stitched up. Jezebel wasn't angry at Spike at all, and Jezebel was going to be released the next morning. Spike was going to be in the hospital until he regained consciousness and was able to walk properly, since he tore a few tendons in his left leg when the bike has crushed him underneath.
Buffy kissed Spike's right cheek gently and stood up, gathering her jacket. She murmured a goodbye and headed out into the hallway where Xander was waiting for her to drive her home. Xander still had a patch over his left eye where Caleb had jabbed his finger in there.
"How is he?" asked Xander Harris, one of Buffy's best friends who'd been with her through out these last haggard seven years.
"Unconscious, still, but his vitals are improving and his pupils are responding to light." she smiled faintly as the two headed down the ICU corridor, which was silent except for their footsteps and the bleeping of the many life supporting machines. She hated hospitals almost as much as Faith did, and was shocked when Faith was standing in the front corridor of the hospital.
"Hey B, how’s lover boi?" she asked, breaking the tension between them all.
"Spike's still out..." she repeated what she had told Xander as the threesome walked to Xander's silver Lexus. Jezebel was doing better, so Faith said, since the rogue slayer had come to visit her mini-her. They were silent on the ride home, and Faith went through half a pack of cigarettes from the tension and stress that was eating her up inside. Buffy, shockingly, asked for a cigarette for herself and even thought it was gross, she finished it on the ride home. It reminded her of Spike and made for a good comfort.

¤ ¤ ¤