Chapter 1

"Bloody Hell!" Spike swore as he woke up to something being thrown at him. "Oh, it's you," he sighed "Should have known...well, what do you want?"

"Get dressed," She grabbed his pants that were on the floor near the bottom of the bed and threw it at him.

"Yeah? What for?" he asked, standing and putting on his pants "Evil afoot or something?"

"Yes evil, big, big evil. Will you help me?"

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" he asked, grabbing his red shirt.

"Come with me and I'll show you"

They climbed up the ladder to the main floor.

"So, where we off to, slayer?"

"Come on..." She headed towards the door. Spike grabbed his duster and followed her out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1878

"William!" His mother called from the piano room.

"Yes mother?" William said as he entered.

"I just received today's mail, and there was a letter of some sort for you," she said, smiling handing him the letter.

"For me?" he asked, taking it. He opened the letter and read it to himself. "I'm invited to a party next Saturday night, hosted by Mr. Edward Giles..."

"Oh yes, your father and I just received an invitation for that as well."

"A-are we to attend, mother?"

"Why yes, of course we are, dear. Why wouldn't we otherwise?"

"His house seems rather...shall I say, odd"

"Really, how so?"

"It's just, he owns a quite large amount of strange things."

"Really? Anything that interests you?"

"N-no. But if something were to interest me it would probably be all of his old books."

"I see," was all she said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Slayer?"

"Yeah"

"What are we doing in a grocery store?"

"I told you, evil.... Can you reach that?"

"Yeah...here-" he handed her the can of tomatoes.

"Thanks."

"No problem...so, is there like, a starved demon out there, ready to eat all the food in the world starting with this very grocery store or something?"

"No....I have to cook dinner"

"What! What kind of evil thing would make you do such an...evil thing?" he asked in mocking tone.

"Funny...you know I make good gravy...and Dawn is the evil thing."

"The bit? Didn't see that comin..."

"Can you get that?"

"Here..."

"Put it in the cart," she told him.

"So, care to elaborate?"

"Dawn invited everyone over for dinner tonight and that means I have to cook something."

"Oh... and by everyone you mean..."

"Umm... Xander and Anya, and Giles and Willow and Tara- well, their already there, anyway."

"Oh, I see."

"You know, you can come too, if you want... I just didn't think you would want to, you know, what with everyone being there and all. But you're welcome to come.... if you can handle the food poisoning."

"Sure, I can handle it, pet. Vampire, remember? If we could die from eating Slayer cooking then-" he stopped talking immediately when Buffy started to stare at him, warning him with her eyes not to go any further.

"So...how about that gravy?"

"I'm not making gravy."

"Bugger."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello William, Charles, Ann, always a pleasure," Edward Giles said, welcoming him into his home

"Good evening Mr. Giles, how are you?" Charles asked.

"Good, good, very good, Charles, and yourself?"

"Just splendid, Edward"

"Ann, you look lovely this evening, as always"

"Thank you, Mr. Giles"

"And William, how are you?"

"I-I'm good, Mr. Giles, Thank-you for asking"

"Anyone special, maybe a certain young lady in your life?"

"N-n-no sir."

"The rest of the guests are in around here somewhere, if you'll just follow me."

They joined the rest of the guests that were scattered throughout the house. Charles and Edward kept themselves entertained in deep conversation. Ann was chatting and having tea with some of the other female guests, but William didn't know what do to with himself. He wandered over to where Mr. Giles kept some of his books.

"Vampire Mythology" he read the title of the book quietly to himself. Giving it a strange look, he put it back and looked through the rest, finding that the more he looked, the stranger it got.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So what are you planning on making with tomatoes, mushrooms and eggs?" Spike asked looking into the cart

"I don't know yet, I made a list of things...here," she said, handing him the note, and Spike read out loud.

"Eggs, Butter, Tomatoes, Bread, Flour, Sugar, Salt, Yeast, Mushrooms, Chocolate Chips, Milk, Onions, Eggs.....eggs is there twice, Carrots, Potatoes, Pepperoni, Cheese, Peanut Butter, Green Pepper, Ham, Bacon, Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Egg Rolls, Salsa, Lettuce, Jell-O, Strawberries, Grapes, Chips, Cheeses, Chip Dip, Pie Crust, Ice Cream, Pita Bread, Yogurt. God, Slayer, don't you have any food in your house?" he asked.

"Yeah.... But you'll never know what you need."

"So, what are you making?"

"I told you, I don't know yet. Any suggestions? What do you like?"

"Me? Just make what's easiest for you."

"So you're coming?"

"Do you want me to come?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I?"

"You hate me, remember?"

"I don't hate you."

"No?"

"No."

"Good then."

Tbc...
Does anyone know how to not space it the center? If so please let me know, also if your reading this please review and let me know what you think! :D