Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: IMPORTANT ------My deepest apologies for the delay. I hope that you are all still with me. I am trying to get into dental school so I am Busy like a bee. However I want so badly to finish these stories before I go, cause otherwise they will never get done. Stay with my and review. I have up to chapter 19 outlined. Now I just need to fill in it and post it. Hopefully by the end of next week I will have at least three chapters up. Thanks for staying with me, and PLEASE REVIEW, even though I don’t deserve it L
Title- Older and Far Away

Summary- Spike's family and "friends" somehow end up in the future from the year 1880. Spike asks Buffy to pretend to be his girlfriend to impress them + we get to find out a little about Spikes past… and is Buffy pretending? Is Spike…Set just before Older and
Far Away.

AN: Remember, Buffy’s Birthday hasn’t happened yet.

PG-13

Chapter 10

Finally they were all seated down to the dining room table for dinner. Everyone looking down at their plates, fearful of what they were about to put into their mouths. Willow decided to be brave, she was the first to bring the spaghetti to her lips.

“Oh dear God! I’ve never tasted such evil!” Willow screw up her face, and began making ‘yuck’ sounds.

“Now, It can’t be that bad,” Dawn tried to reason, she then herself tried it, she regretfully swallows it, then pouted “I want Peanut Butter,” she signed. This was all her fault, she should have never allowed Buffy to Cook. “You guys, we have to eat this,” Dawn explained.

“No way,” Willow shook her head.

“We have to, if we don’t Buffy will feel like she’s failed. She’s been going through some things and I wanted to cheer her up with this,” Dawn wasn’t happy that this blew up in her face.

“I though that was what the surprise party was for,”

“Yes, the surprise party is tomorrow, now shush. I just wanted us to have a nice meal together as well, its very normal, Buffy needs that right now,” Dawn pleated with them.

“Ok Dawnie, we’ll eat it, let me just give it some spazas,” Willow was about to work her magic when Tara stopped her.
“Yo-ou promised me,” she said, firmly. She was fearful that willow was relying too much on magic, and she didn’t like it. She knew first hand what magic could do to people.

Willow decided not to fight her on it. She knew she would already be upset with the magic she used earlier, assuming she would smell the essence in the bedroom. Then she wondered why the spell she casts hadn’t work, it was supposed to make this taste good. She must have messed it up somehow. ‘Oh boy’ she thought.

“Anya,” Xander exclaimed “What took you so long, I thought you got locked in the trunk.” he laughed

“It’s not funny Xander! I was attacked by a Crazy man! Wearing strange clothes, who held a gun to my head until I told him where he was!” She said panicked.

“What! Anya oh my god!” he started to panic.

“Oh relax Xander. That didn’t happen. But it could have I could have been dead and all you would have thought was ‘Well that An- gone and locked herself in the trunk again’ well we’ll get her later’ you should be ashamed of your self Xander Harris.”

“Yes Dear,” Xander Harris learned fast that if there was one thing you don’t do is to argue with Anya. You just keep your mouth shut and say, Yes Dear.

“All joking aside, there really was a crazy man,”

“Yes Dear,” He repeated

“Xander I am serious.”

“I believe you. Dear.”

****

Spike and Buffy were in the kitchen making sure they had enough garlic bread for everyone.

“There, we can finally eat!” Buffy exclaimed she was famished. All this cooking made her, well, hungry, who would have thought. “Spike, I forgot, I bought some blood for you, its in the microwave. Can you grab it?” she asked.

“You mean your not going to make me eat this conjunction! Thank god!” Spike was so relieved.

“ Oh no, there is so way. You are eating this too mister! Just got the blood to fill you up!” and with that so was off into the dinning room. He of course grabbed his mug of blood and followed her.

``Hey Guys,`` Buffy greeted once she entered the dinning room, placing the garlic bread on the table everyone grabbed for it like a pack of hungry wolves. ``Anyone want some garlic bread?” she joked.

Everyone dug in trying their best not to show that they didn’t like it. Xander coated his with parmesan cheese which started a chain reaction all across the table. Even Buffy herself had to use some. After that it wasn’t so bad. Spike on the other hand just skipped the Cheese and dumped the mug of blood over his. This resulted in many `yuck`` faces across the table.

“What?” He questioned, winking at Buffy, who gave him warning glance, and looked away.

``Well, what’s for dessert” dawn asked, in hopes her sister could save herself with the sweets. That was almost impossible to screw up.

“Oh right, dessert, well it’s a surprise,” Buffy insisted as she began to clear away the plates from the table. Spike in an attempt to gain points with her, immediately rose to his feet to help her.

Once in the kitchen Buffy turned to Spike in a panic.

“Oh my God Spike! We forgot dessert! What are we gonna do!?”

“Now Slayer, calm down, lets have a lookley shall we, see what we got,” Spike poked his head in the fridge. While Buffy silently pleaded he would find something. He then pulled out half a dozen chocolate pudding cups.

“Spike, that is pathetic, I can’t give them that.”

“Hang on a minute slayer, have some faith in old’ Spike here.”

Next he pulls out a plastic tub that contained exactly 2 small strawberries, and about 5 raspberries, “That will have to due I suppose,’” Then he pulls out a can of whip cream.

“Awe, knew you would have this,” Spike reaches into the back of the freeze “Good old’ Chunky Monkey,”

“No way, you can’t have my Chunky Money! I won’t share,” Buffy folds her arms.

“Buffy, we need it,” Buffy reluctantly puts down her ice cream and Spike begins to make the desert. He takes one scoop of ice cream and places it into a dessert bowl. He then empties a pudding cup. Next he sprays some whip cream on top of the pudding. Holding it up to Buffy he says “Tada! This is one very delicious dessert we have made here Slayer. Now we just cut up this fruit for the tops and we’re good to go”

“Ok, I’m impressed,” Buffy admitted.

“What, was that Slayer? I didn’t quite hear you right,” he leans in, wanting her to say it again.

“Don’t push it Spike,” she warns.

Spike Continues to make 5 more desserts as Buffy begins to put the leftovers in a few containers.

“Your actually going to keep that bloody awful thing?” he couldn’t believe it, that was the worst meal he had ever eaten. He was sure she would just chuck it.

“Spike, I can’t afford to just throw all this food away, it wasn’t that bad,” she signed grabbing another container for the sauce.

At that moment Spike wanted nothing more then to hold her, he had forgotten about how hard it must be for her to support herself and lil’ sis on that one bloody job. He wished she would let him help her out. He would provide good for her, he would. The two of them and the bit could be like a real family. He wanted nothing more.

“You know Slayer, if I knew that you had strawberries and whip cream I would have came over earlier,” he quickly closed the gap between them, he cupped her face then ran his fingers throw her hair. ‘god how he loved her golden hair,’ he leaned in to kiss her but instead of her warm lips he was met with a mighty shove.

“Shut-up Spike,” She grabbed two bowls, one in each hand and brought them into the dinning room.

“ Who wants Dessert,” she shouted, while looking back and giving Spike and evil stare.

William 1880

“Charles Darling, there is an urgent letter for you,” Ann called to her husband, once seeing the envelope, she knew it had something to do with his business.

“Why thank-you so much my Darling,” he takes the letter opener and opens it.

“What is it darling?” she couldn’t handle the suspense.

“Well I have just been assigned to be the Head of the Watches Council right her in London,” He was ecstatic.

“Oh that’s, wonderful darling,” she exclaimed, “ Now you will have more time to train our dear William,” Ann couldn’t be more happy to know her son would now be safe.

“My darling, do you know what this means,” Charles explains to his wife and now that he is the head, he will receive a tremendous salary raise, as if they weren’t wealthy enough.

“Yes Darling, but what about William? Surely you wouldn’t break your promise to me my love?” Ann was becoming upset at how Charles was ignoring her comment about William. She feared that he would once again back out of training him.

Feeling bad, Charles decided that it was time he kept his promise to his dearly beloved.

“Oh course I will darling, that’s why I have decided that William will be joining the family business, very soon.”

Meanwhile William was upstairs in his room, at his writes desk. This is where he spends most of his time, reading and writing poems. He knows that one day he will be a successful poet one day. He closes he book and takes a last look at his newest poem.

‘A love that has not yet been found
leaves my heat to piddle to the ground,
I shall vow to find her one day,
then my love for her will stay. ’

He signed, as he longed for some one special in his life. He signed and turned out the light. Tucked himself into bed, and started at the empty space besides him and longed for some one to hold.

Like it. Review it.

TBC.....


Chapter End Notes:
Like it. Review It.