Chapter 2

Buffy and Spike walked into the Summers home, arms flooded with brown paper bags. They put them on the kitchen counter and Buffy started to unpack them.

“You can help, you know,” she said with out looking at him.

“Right” He started helping her “When are the Scooby’s supposed to get here?”

“I dunno, why don’t you ask Dawn? She’s the mastermind behind this whole thing”

“Where is the bit anyway? Shouldn’t she be helping?”

“She’s upstairs I guess. Dawn!” She shouted her name

“Yeah?”

“I’m home, get you butt down here now!”

“Can you cook?” Buffy asked Spike

“Well.... I...ah.... No, not really”

“Really, not even when you were human?”

“In the 18th century luv? I don’t think so”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“William! William!” His mother called gently from across the room, “We’re about to leave, dear, if you wish to come home with us.”

“Yes mother, I’ll be along in a minute,” he put back the book he was reading, though he wished he could have finished it, but at the same time he was so glad to put it down. It disgusted him to read about such ghastly things. And this book had a character by the name of Angelus who was a vampire; he did the most awful things. William didn’t like that character at all; in fact, he would go as far as to say that he hated him. He couldn’t believe that such things could be done and was glad it was only a fictional book.

“Good evening to you Charles, Ann, always a pleasure,” Edward was saying his goodbyes to his guests as William approached them.

“Ah, and young William, it’s always a pleasure”

“Yes sir, tis a pleasure,” William said as he followed behind his mother out the door.

“What were you doing, going through Mr. Giles books? Don’t you know that’s rude! Do I always have to remind you about your manners boy!” Charles shouted once they had returned home. William just stayed quiet and allowed his father to bully him.

“Now Charles, it’s not that bad, William was very polite about it.”

“Easy for you to say, he gets it from you! Didn’t anyone ever tell you to keep you mouth shut when you’re not being spoken to?!!” he shouted “And as for you,” he gestured to William “I say it’s about time you learned some manners, and stop going through other people’s things”

“Yes sir”

“William, dear, why don’t you go fix yourself something to eat? You must be starving, you didn’t eat much at the party”

“Yes mother”

“Charles you mustn’t be so hard on William,” Ann said once he son was out of the room

“He shouldn’t be going through Edwards books. He could figure something out”

“Would that be such a bad thing? It’s about time he knew. It’s what he is, it’s what he will be”

“He’ll never be able to handle it. He’s too sensitive and weak he’ll be dead in no time”

“Not if he gets the proper training and if not for that, then at least so he can protect himself.... if he even comes in contact with...”

William stood there listening. Come in contact with what? He wondered. But he didn’t catch what she said. After that they went on talking about something else. William sighed and left for the kitchen to make him self a snack.

William sliced the apples very carefully. As he did the maid entered the kitchen.

“Good evening Master William, is there anything I can do for you before I retire for the night?” she asked

“No, that’s quite alright,” he said

“Would you like me to make that for you?”

“N-no I’m fine, thank-you anyway though”

“Alright, But do be careful I just mopped the floor, it may still be wet”

“Ok, Thank-you”

“Goodnight Master William”

“Goodnight” he said. After she was gone he took out the frying pan turned the old-fashioned oven up on high and place in apple slices into it. Then he sprinkled cinnamon all over it. How long does it take to cook these things? He wondered, he hadn’t had any experience in cooking and it wasn’t really much to his interest. He continued to stare at the apples in the pan, watching them as if he were in a trance, he didn’t even notice that the sleeve of his shirt was on fire!

“I’m on fire!” he shouted trying to put it out, slipping on the wet floor on his way down knocking over the very hot pan which was now filled will apple juice. He landed on the floor followed by the pan of hot applesauce spilling all over him. “HOT!!” he screamed, “Bloody hell!”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I’m here Buffy what do you want? Oh! Hey Spike,” Dawn said as she entered the kitchen.

“Hey bit”

“What is it you want me to make Dawn?”

“I don’t know what can you make?”

“I can make lots of stuff!”

Dawn snorted

“Spike tell her!”

“She’s right bit, have you even eaten her gravy?”

“See told ya,”

“Great so make gravy, feed that to everyone.” commented Dawn

“Works for me,” Spike said

“I’m not making gravy.... what about spaghetti, or pizza?”

“Sure I don’t care... But I don’t think we have enough time make homemade pizza,” Dawn told her

“Ok spaghetti it is then,” Buffy said cheerfully

“Ok...I’m going back to my room,” Dawn announced

“Wait! Aren’t you going to help me?”

“You have Spike, I’m sure he knows something,” were her final words before she disappeared up the stairs.

“Great...I’m stuck with you”

“I thought you said you wanted me here?”

“I... I... I do, it’s just that...”

“Yeah I get it slayer, I’ll just...be on my way then, you’re welcome for the help,” he said hurt

“Spike stop! Don’t go. Come on please? I didn’t mean it that way. Please I really need your help,” Buffy said using her puppy dog eyes and adding a Summers pout.

“Bloody hell Buffy you could give me a warning before you use that, you know I cave when you two use that.... Stupid sodden summers pout” Spike said mumbling the last part under his breath.

“Great so....what do we start with?”

Tbc..