AN- Tabula Rasa hasn't happened yet and no one got stuck in Buffy's house, and her birthday hasn't happened yet (changed the summary to just before Older and Far Away)

(OH AND THIS IS MY FIST TIME WRITING ANYA...SO IF I DON'T GET HER COMPLETELY RIGHT, JUST BEAR WITH ME AND I'LL GET THE HANG OF HER :D )


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 5
"OH MY GOD SPIKE!! I can not believe you did that," Buffy said, laughing historically.

"Now you listen here, Slayer, that story never leaves this room."

"Or what?"

"Or I have myself that really good day."

"You would really kill me?" Buffy asked with all seriousness now.

"You know I could never do it," Spike said, looking at her.

"So we're back to where we started...or what?"

"Or I'll tell something about you..."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

"Like how you tried to cook noodles without turning on the pot, or how-" Spike was interrupted by the doorbell.

"Oh! That must be Xander, he's just in time, everything's almost done," Buffy said while taking off her apron and starting to head for the door. She didn't make it though, before she could get any further then the fridge, Spike grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Buffy, I mean it, I don't want you telling anyone...ok?"

"Ok, Spike, I won't-" The doorbell rang again.

"Let me go,"

"Promise me, Slayer."

"Promise."

"Cross your heart?"

"Yes, cross my-" the doorbell rang again and Buffy was getting impatient. "I'm coming!" She screamed. "Spike, let me go!" She tried to pull away but his grip on her arm was too strong. "Spike, you're hurting me."

"Cross your heart Slayer?"

"Yes! Cross my heart! Now let me go!"

"Sorry, luv, I didn't mean to hurt you," Spike said once he came to his senses and realized that he was hurting her, that was the last thing he wanted to do, she was just starting to trust him at least a little bit, and he didn't want to do anything that would ruin that.

"You didn't- not really, it's just-" The doorbell rang again.

"Oh shoot! Xander! I'm coming! I'm coming! I'm coming!" Buffy said, running to the door.

"Hey," she greeted Xander and Anya, who were waiting very patiently at the door.

"Man, Buff, if it were any colder out here-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, lets go inside now," Anya said pushing him inside.

"I'll take your coats," Buffy said, hanging them up in the closet.

"We didn't know whether to bring anything, so we didn't, cause that would cost money," Anya said with all seriousness.

"That's Ok, Spike and I made lots of food."

"Spike's here?" Anya asked.

"Great, he probably poisoned the food," Xander snarled.

"Like I would waste perfectly good food trying to kill you," Spike said, strolling out of the kitchen.

"Who invited you anyway?" Xander asked.

"Buffy did." Spike glared back at him.

"Ok, that's enough you two. Xander, Anya, why don't you two go into the living room, Spike I need some help in the kitchen," Buffy grabbed Spike by the front of his duster and dragged him into the kitchen.

"Spike, I'm warning you, you'd better behave your self, no fighting with Xander."

"He started it!"

"I don't care who started it, just don't."

"Tell him that, not me."

"I will, I'm just telling you first."

"Why me?"

"What does it matter Spike? I'm tell you not to fight with Xander tonight, or any night for that matter."

"Are you going to tell him that too?"

"Yes. Now that that's settled, we should go back and entertain our guests."

"What do you mean Slayer, our guests? Since when did I sign on to be hostess?"

"Since you agreed to help me remember...fight evil."

"I don't think so, Slayer, I helped you cook, I'll just take off," Spike said, trying to get to the door, but Buffy jumped in front, keeping him from leaving.

"What? You said you were going to stay...remember?"

"It's clear your mates don't want me here. Be easier if I just go, I'll do a quick patrol, see if there's any nasties afoot. I'll let you know if I find anything."

"No, Spike!" She said, grabbing his arm.

"What?"

"Who's going to eat all that onion?" She asked with a Summers pout.

"Bloody hell," Spike said, rolling his eyes. "Why do you do that?"

"So I get my way," She said, shrugging.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1879
It was a beautiful clear, day and William was off to the market to fetch a few things for his mother. She had given the maid the week off to visit her sister who was ill, and his father wasn't to return until later that evening. They were throwing one of his fathers dinner parties; everyone who usually attended would be there.

"Ah! Here we are," William, said to himself once he found what he was looking for. Oh dear. He though as he saw that Mr. Giles's nephew, Howard, Cecily Adams, and James McClain, were heading his way.

"Ahh William, what on earth brings you to our side of town?" Howard asked smugly.

"Oh, just picking up a few things for mother," he said casually.

"Ahh, I see," He said, purposely knocking over the paper bag that was in William's hand. "William, you shouldn't be so clumsy," Everyone with him was mocking and laughing at him, except of course, Cecily, being a girl didn't find it funny, but she certainly wasn't going to get down on the filthy ground to help him pick it up.

"I wasn't," William mumbled.

"You what?" Howard asked.

"Nothing," he muttered and with that he just turned and walked away as fast as possible, and the laughter started to fade. One other thing he noticed was the Cecily wasn't laughing, she never laughed at him; she must be the nicest person in the world. He thought. And this is how it began.

Tbc...