Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: My deepest apologies for the delay. I hope I haven’t lost my readers and I hope u all forgive me for the delay. Trying to get theses finished by the end of the summer, stay with
me! :D

AN: Remember, Buffy’s Birthday hasn’t happened yet.
Chapter 9


“Now then slayer, that wasn’t so hard, was it?” Spike said after Buffy was finished stirring the slush.

“Shut-up Spike,” He was really starting to get on her last nerve. ‘With all those smart remarks, and his stupid hair, and sexy… wait no, not sexy…Spike and sexy do not go in the same sentence, in the same bed maybe…stop it Buffy!’

‘What he hell is she thinking about now?’ he could see the play of emotions run across her face. He could her heart speed up, her shortness of breath, and he would give anything to be able to read her mind at that moment.

“Earth to Spike,” She waved her hands in front of his face, annoyed that he was starring off; he could be just as bad as she was at times. “You’re a vampire, you supposed to be alert, I could have staked you then, and you wouldn’t have even seen it coming.”

“You wouldn’t stake me Slayer, you need me too bad,” He reminded her.

“Pfft, I don’t need you. I’ve been the Slayer for 7 years now; I think I can handle myself thank-you.”

“A fight wasn’t want I was referring to luv. Seems I can help you in other areas as well,” He smirked and moved closer to her, “And I think I’ve proven myself to be quite and asset,” he grinned while running his hand up her arm, “Wouldn’t you agree?” He listened as her heart raced, it was moments like these when he felt her soften, but if was never long before she would come to her senses and blow him off.

“Shut-up Spike, and don’t touch me,” she said coldly as she stormed off into the dining room. Spike stood there and sighed, sometimes it seemed like he would never get through to her, it was a good thing patience had always been one of his best qualities.

__________________________________________________________________


“Charles my love, William has been cooped up in his room for nearly 3 days now, shouldn’t we be worried?” Ann sat on the couch knitting a nice scarf for William, her beloved and only son. She had been terribly worried about him lately, he just hadn’t been himself, and now that his father has returned home she planned on getting to the bottom of it.

“Think nothing of it Ann my dear, when I was his age I spent many hours locking in my room as well,” He brushed it off as if it were nothing, just as he always does.

“Yes, but you had a purpose, it was your duty, William has no duty as of yet. Oh, Charles dear, I do think we ought to tell him, it’s not fair to keeps secretes from him, you know-”

“Ann, I not want to hear another work about it! William will be told when William is ready to learn, and we will speak of this no further.”

“I needn’t mean to upset you darling, it’s just the streets are more dangerous than ever, the chosen one lurks here no longer, and I fear what might happen if he ventures alone. At least if he’s able to defend himself-”

“We must make sure the doors are locked from the inside at night from now on. That way he won’t come across it. How does that suit you my love? Does that calm your nerves?” Indeed he was concerned for his family however his frustration for William overpowered him. He should have been ready for training years ago; perhaps he should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ann didn’t speak a word, instead she continued her knitting. William was all she had most days, what with Charles off at work. He was often gone for days at a time, travelling. She knew this when she married him, and she didn’t mind it so much at first. But now as she grew older the days seemed to grow longer, and she just longed for the day he retired so they could really begin their life together.

Charles watched Ann sitting there, not saying a word. He hadn’t been there much for his family lately, and he couldn’t bare leaving Ann alone. It was a great reassurance to have William there to protect her. That’s when it hit him, William couldn’t even protect himself.

“He will start training with me as soon as I get back from my next trip.”

“Thank-you Charles.”

__________________________________________________________________

“Xander,” Anya who was seated directly next to him on the couch whispered into his ear, “Is it too late to get the birthday stuff from the car?” She was anxious; she had been on badgering him all night. She had been apart of many surprises before, but never a surprise birthday party”

“Sure An’ just sneak it into the hall closet so she doesn’t find it.”

“Ok,” she jumped up and bolted out the door shutting it firmly behind her and made her way towards the car. “Excuse me?” She asked the well-dressed man who was circling Xanders car while eyeing it with suspicion. “Are you lost? I can help!” Anya exclaimed, pleased to be of service.

“Why thank-you miss. I seem to be in quite the predicament here. And I’m quite embarrassed to ask this. Where are we located exactly?”

“Oh well that’s easy! We are at 1630 Rivelo Drive.” She says, glad to help but the young gentlemen looks more confused then ever. “Near Hadley,” she points in the direction of the street sign just down the road. The man looks back at her, still lost. “Sunnydale,” Still nothing is getting though for the young man. “California?” Anya is now beginning to get annoyed. Who doesn’t know where California is? “The U.S??” She questioned him, but he just simply shook his head. “America?!” That was it. That was all she had.

“Awe yes! American, I know if it well,” Finally something he had hear of, this news somewhat pleased him.

“Yes, you at Buffy’s house, it’s great, now if you’ll excuse I have surprise birthday goodies to get,” She was happy to help the crazy man, or at least she though he was crazy, but she really wanted to get back inside before they yelled surprise.

“Certainly Miss, but may I ask you one more thing before you leave?”

“What it it?” Anya snapped.

“What kind of wagon is this?” he motioned towards the car. It was unlike anything he had ever seen. Anya just started at him ‘Where do these people come from?’ she asked herself.

TBC……….

Like it. Review it.

Ok that’s it for me for the weekend! I’m going out of town, so I won’t post anything until some time early next week. So I expect lots of reviews when I come back! :P

Chapter 10 spoiler: More pop up’s, Discoveries and Surprises.