**

Chapter 6

“So where’s Willow?” Buffy asked looking around, wanting to divert the conversation.

Spike slumped back into the sofa, he wanted to groan in frustration, and every time he seemed to make a connection with Buffy she pulled away. And for some reason, he wanted a connection with this woman very much.

“She’s still out with Oz, they should be back soon.” Spike answered.

“Are they on a date?” Buffy almost squealed with excitement.

Spike chuckled at her face and shook his head.

“No. Food shopping or something. So you too, huh? I’ve been waiting forever for those two to get together.” Spike answered.

“They are mad about each other; I want to give them both a good hard kick.” Buffy laughed as her frustration came out.

“They’ll sort it out, things like that are inevitable.” Spike was looking straight at Buffy when he spoke and the intensity of his look made her blush. Spike suppressed a chuckle. Yep, the connection was there, he just had to work on it a little.

“I’ll help you if you like.” Spike spoke suddenly, it made Buffy jump.

“Help? With what?” Buffy could almost feel herself back peddling into the armchair.

Spike gave her an amused look before answering.

“With the song, luv.” He explained.

“Oh. Sure.” Buffy answered with false chirpiness. She had a bad feeling about this, it could only lead to trouble but she just didn’t want to remove herself from the situation.

“So, what did you want to work on?” Spike asked, sitting forward.

**

When Willow and Oz returned about twenty minutes later, Buffy and Spike were so engrossed that they barely noticed. Willow took the shopping into the kitchen. Oz watched as Spike leaned into Buffy and laid a finger on her throat.

“Your singing from here, try to reach from here.” He moved his finger to touch between Buffy’s breasts.

Buffy blushed slightly but continued to look into Spikes eyes.

Oz followed Willow into the kitchen.

“There is going to be some serious fallout in there.” He spoke seriously.

Willow rolled her eyes at him.

“Don’t be such a drama queen, doesn’t Buffy deserve a little fun?” she asked.

“Not at Spikes expense, what if he wants more than a little fun?” Oz countered.

“Spike? Please, he’s like the biggest slut ever!” Willow snorted.

“Not anymore Willow, he’s really got his shit together, when was the last time you see him with anyone?” Oz countered again.

“Oz! He’s a grown man and you don’t know what or who he’s doing on his own time. Just leave them be.” Willow gave Oz the resolve face. Oz shrugged and began helping Willow put the groceries away.