**

Chapter 7

Things carried on the same way for the next few weeks. Buffy went to Willows place at least once a week to work on songs and music and more often than not she would end up working with Spike.

Occasionally he would ask her opinion on lyrics or melodies, which is how, when Spike suggested that they do something together Buffy was overwhelmed and delighted. Buffy felt so pleased it was almost ridiculous, she felt as if she had something that belonged to just her and Spike.

She had a very good feeling that Spike liked her and she would love to have gotten involved with him, if only things were different.

All in all things were good; Buffy couldn’t remember being this content, so when Willow called her she was secretly delighted.

“We’re going out on Friday, will you come?” Willow almost pleaded.

“I don’t know Willow.” Buffy answered sounding unsure.

“Oh please Buffy, I think tonight might be the night for me and Oz! If I ask Spike to bring someone, he’ll just bring some skank and ruin the evening. Please come, please!”
Willow finished with a deep breath and Buffy laughed.

“So you want the pleasure of my company because you want to jump Oz and Spike only knows skanky women?” Buffy asked suppressing another laugh.

“Well you know it’s been so long since Spike actually came out with us I’m not sure he knows any women let alone skanky ones.” Willow waffled to herself and Buffy’s heart did a little flip.

Buffy giggled again.

“So why am I coming?” Buffy asked mildly.

“So I can jump Oz and not have to worry about abandoning Spike, oh that and because Spike asked if you were going.” Willow added the last with an evil smile on her face.

“He did?” Oh yeah, Buffy felt that familiar tingle that she had now christened the Spike tingle.

“Uh-huh” Willow confirmed and then added quickly.

“So meet us here at eight. Ok, gotta go, bye.” She hung up before Buffy could confirm or deny. Willow did a little dance of joy around the kitchen feeling very pleased with her self.