**

Chapter 8

Buffy climbed out of her jeep and smoothed down her skirt. She had scoured the contents of her wardrobe looking for something to wear. God only knew how long it had been since she had been out sociably.

The place where they were going was more likely to be a kinda of rock joint; she had no idea what to wear. She finally settled on black backless vest top and brown knee length suede skirt, topped off with knee high boots. Smart yet casual, her hair, she left down.

She knocked at the door and smiled when Spike opened it.

“You did, you moved in didn’t you?” Buffy teased.

“And you, you do own footwear, and may I say what a set of footwear it is.” Spike teased back, overtones evident.

Buffy blushed but had no chance to answer as Willow hurtled through the door and Oz followed her.

“Buffy, you look gorgeous! Come on lets go.” She squealed as she linked an arm through Buffy’s.

Buffy looked over her shoulder at Oz.

“Did she get into the coffee again?” Before he could answer Willow dragged her off to the taxi that had just pulled up.

In the back of the taxi Buffy caught Willows attention.

“Will there be any press at this club?” she whispered and was relieved when she saw Willow shake her head.

**

Once inside the club they were whisked away to the VIP lounge and were served champagne. Buffy held her glass politely for a few minutes before putting it down untouched. She turned as she felt a tap on her shoulder, it was Spike, he held out a drink to her and Buffy raised an eyebrow.

“Coke.” He informed her.

The relief shone on her face as she took the drink and took a sip.

“So you not a big drinker either huh?” he asked softly, and Buffy shook her head.

“You?” Buffy asked as she noticed Spike holding a glass of Coke also.

“6 months sober, I had some serious issues a while back.” Spike answered truthfully, what was the point in lying? Most of his exploits had been in the papers.

“Your groupies must be so disappointed.” Buffy teased, lightening the situation.

“You could be my groupie.” Spike answered with a husky voice.

Buffy giggled before adopting a look of awe.

“You mean, you’d like, let me be your groupie, oh wow.” She panted breathlessly.

She gave Spike an impish Smile before using her hand to flick her hair over one shoulder and turning round so that her back was to spike. She looked at Spike over her shoulder.

“Hey, would you, like, sign my ass?” she asked fluttering her eyes.

A passing guy shaking his head in disgust. “Fucking groupies.” He mumbled as he passed.

Spike looked at Buffy and burst out laughing.

“That was convincing, have you done this before?” he asked.

Buffy shook her head, still laughing.

“No, you’re my first.”

Something about the words made Spike want to groan.

Buffy watched as his eyes filled with something different, and then she realized it was desire.

A bolt of lust hit Buffy in the stomach and headed south. She cast a quick glance around the room for Willow and Oz but they were no where in sight.

“You want to get out of here?” Spike asked huskily.

Buffy tried to think about it but her head seemed to have other ideas as she realized it was nodding.

Spike grabbed her hand and lead her to the doors.