The next morning Buffy and Sarah were eating breakfast, when they heard the door. Sarah jumped out of her chair and ran to open the door.

"Sarah, honey ask who is it, before you open the door"

"Ok. Who is it?"

"William"

"Mommy is Willham, can I open the door?

"Yes honey you "may" open the door" Buffy said correcting her girl. She was very excited to see him again.

"Hi Willham"

"Hello pet, is your mommy around?"

"Yes"

"May come in?"

"Yes"

Buffy was back at the kitchen washing the dishes.

"Mommy, Willham is here"

"Ok, be there in a sec"

But before she noticed, a familiar voice was whispering in her ear "Morning luv" as he kissed her on the cheek

"William, hi" Buffy jumped surprised "you scared me"

"Didn't mean to"

"Its ok, hmm can I offer you something, coffee, juice, tea? You English drink tea right, let me see if I have some"

"I'm all right pet don't worry about it. Did you sleep ok?"

"Yes I had a very good night. How about you?"

"I had and terrible night luv"

"Why? Are you ok?"

"Couldn't go to sleep, thinking of you, I needed to see you again"

"Oh, ok" Buffy blushed

"So what plans does the Summer girls have for today?"

"Not much, we were just going to go out to the park later and then to the pet store"

"Pet store?"

"Yes, Sarah loves puppies, so she makes me take her every week to look at the puppies. I feel sorry for her, she really wants one"

"Mommy?"

"Yes honey?"

"Can we go to the park?"

"I have a better idea" William started "I been here for a few weeks now, and I still haven't gone to the beach, do you know anybody that would want to show me the beach?"

"I like the beach!!" Sarah yelled "mommy can we go?"

"Sure" she said smiling at William "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely, we'll have a great time" kissing Buffy on the cheek "Now you girls go get your swim suits on and I'll pick you in 10 minutes"

Sarah ran to her room leaving the two of them alone "You know? I wouldn't mind seeing you in bikini luv?" He said suggestively

"You pig" she said smiling back at him

"Hey I'm missing something here"

"What?

"My good morning kiss"

"Oh, well that I can help you with" she smiled as she went to kiss him.

"I missed that"

"Good" Buffy smiled "Now mister you have to leave so I can get ready and take you to the beach to get some color, because honestly, you look like a vampire"

"Thanks a lot luv"

They had an amazing time at the beach, Sarah had a blast, burying William in the sand, and swimming with him and Buffy in the ocean. Buffy loved how the two of them seem to be getting along, sometimes she even felt a little left out of the fun, so she decided to stay under the umbrella and watched them from there. She brought her camera with her, making sure to take plenty of pictures of that day.

"Hey cutie!" William said coming out from the ocean, holding Sarah's hand and kissing Buffy on the cheek "Having fun?"

"Yes I am. What about you two?" He looked absolutely gorgeous,all wet in his swimsuit, she couldn't seem to take her eyes away from that chest. She was a lucky girl.

"Yes, I love the beach" As he took a towel to dry him off. He could tell, even when she was wearing sun glasses that she was checking him out, and he loved it. She was looking very hot herself in that pink bikini, he wished for a second that Sarah wasn't around so he could really showed her how much he liked her in that bikini.

"Mommy?" Sara asked confused as her mom was drying her up.

"Yes honey?" Buffy answered, not paying that much attention to her, since she was still focus on the very hot guy that was taking a seat right next to her.

"Why did Willham kissed you?" She finally asked

"Well."Buffy looked all nervous and confused "you'll see, William and I are good friends, and he is just letting me know that he likes me" She looked at him for his approval and he smiled at her.

"Is he like your boyfriend?"

"Hmmm" Buffy really didn't know what to say. She never saw this coming, what was she supposed to answer? She didn't even know the answer herself. Luckily for her someone came to her rescue.

"I like your mommy poppet, I think she is very pretty and smart, just like are. I like spending time with her. Would that be ok with you, if I was your mommy's boyfriend?"

Buffy couldn't believe what she was seeing it, he was so sweet, she felt like kissing him right now. He was asking for Sarah's permission, that had to be the nicest thing someone had ever done. Although she was scared, she knew Sarah liked him, but still she didn't know how she was going to react.

"Does that mean you are going to by my daddy? Sarah asked William

"Well." William has speechless how was he supposed to answer to that? It wasn't really his place to answer that.

"Sarah honey, you had a daddy. He is an angel remember, we talk to him every night in our prayers, he lives in heaven and takes care of you from there." Buffy was so touched by her little girls question and she could see she wasn't the only one.

"But all of my friends have a daddy. I want a daddy, why can't Willham be my daddy?" she began to cry. Buffy was heart broken when she heard her daughter cry, she knew this day was coming, she was getting older and suddenly she wasn't enough for her, she needed a father, and that broke her heart.

"Honey.." She began saying, with tears forming in her eyes

"Kitten, come here" William said as he sat her on his lap "I might not be your daddy, but I can be your best friend, I'll always be there when you need me, and we can do fun stuff together. Does that sound good?"

"Promise?" Sarah asked smiling at him

"Of course. Do you know that you are the prettiest bird in the world?

"I am?" Sarah's face bighted, she loved being told how pretty she was.

"Absolutely" William said kissing her on the cheek "So are you ok that I love your mommy?" William ask her without giving much thought of the words that were coming out of his mouth, and what possible effect could they have on Buffy

Buffy was shocked, did he just said loved? He loved her? She froze, unable to move or say a word.

"Yes, you are funny" Sarah finally said as she stood up and went playing with her beach toys.

William realized what he had just said, and the impact that apparently had on her, she seem terrified. 'Oh bollocks, I screwed this up. Way to go mate you scared the bird away.' He thought

"Buffy, luv are you ok?" He asked shyly, she was still not moving, which made it impossible for him to guess what she was thinking

"What?" Buffy finally said coming out of her daze

"I asked you if you are ok?" He was very nervous, it didn't look like she took his little confession very well.

"Yes, but its getting a little late, we should get going, I need to feed Sarah and give her a shower. besides I need to prepare my week schedule" Saying that she stood up without being able to look at him "Sarah honey, get your things ready, its time to go" she began to pack her own stuff, avoiding him as much as possible.

"Buffy, please look at me" William said worried "are you ok?"

"I can't right now, I'm sorry. Can we just go?" She said without looking at him "Buffy." William said in a begging tone

"Please?" she answered on that same tone, looking straight to his eyes for the first time, showing him that she meant it. She couldn't deal with that right now, she was terrified, what was she supposed to do with that information?

"Fine, lets go" He finally said giving up.

They barely said a word on their way back, at least not to each other. Sarah insisted that she wanted an ice cream so William got her one before they left the beach.

"Well thanks for everything it was fun" Buffy tried to sound casual, trying to avoid the huge elephant between them.

"You're welcome, pet. Buffy please we need to talk" He had to try one more time to talk to her, even if he had no idea what he was going to say to her. Is not like he was planning on taking it back, but maybe he could say something to make her feel less terrified.

"I can't, at least not now." Buffy knew that she wasn't being fair, after all him loving her would be a good thing, but she barely knew him, how could she trust him with that? And the worst thing was that he involved Sarah in that. How can you say you loved someone after only a couple of days? He doesn't even know me. He was either a jerk that was just playing with her, or a real romantic. But she had no idea which he was right now, so she couldn't deal with that. "Sarah honey say goodbye."

"Bye Willham, hey now that you are my friend I can invite you to my birthday party"

"When is it kitten?" As he kneeled to face his little friend, trying to look happy, even though he felt like crap.

"Saturday, I'm going to be like this" as she showed him fours fingers "mommy is making me a princesses cake, and I'm going to wear a princess dress, it's going to be at my aunt Willows house. Would you come?"

"Sure poppet I'll be there" William said smiling at her, looking up to Buffy, not knowing what to expect from her anymore "That is if that's ok with your mom"

"Sure, you should come, I'll give you directions later" Trying to sound casual. Sarah seem to like him, and she was never wrong when it came to judging people, the girl had a gift for that, besides she wasn't ready to shut him out of her life, what if his intentions were real.

"Ok. Have a good night pet" He tried to kiss her on the lips, but she turned and kissing him in the cheek instead

"Good night William" She was terrified and broken hearted. A confession like this should make her very happy, and instead she was confused. Just last night they were making out like teenagers and she was loving it and now, she couldn't even let him kiss her.

William looked crushed, he bit his lip giving her a last look before he turned around and left.