Chapter 3

Buffy was very nervous, it wasn't like this was a date or anything, but still she felt like she was about to lose it. She finally decided to go with her favorite jeans and a plain black sweater, simple yet elegant with her hair down and a little makeup, 'cause she didn't want him to think she was dressing up for him. So with all this in mind, her 'casual it's not a date' look took her only 2 hours. After taking a last look at herself at the mirror, she decided to lose the lipstick, "Who am I kidding this isn't a date, I still don't even know if he's single, he probably is just being polite. Oh my God he must think I'm desperate. What have I done?"

The doorbell rang making her almost jump out of her skin, she look at the time and panicked "Oh my God, he's early, of course he is English" She kept babbling to her self but still had not moved from the couch. The bell rang again.

"Mommy, the door" Sarah yelled from her room.

"Yes baby I know, I'm sorry"

As she was about to open the door she took a deep breath. "Here I go"

"Hi Buffster, it was about time"

"Xander". She replied disappointed.

"Sorry to disappoint you, I'm just here to pick up my 'lil monster" said Xander looking her up and down.

"Of course, I'm sorry, please come in, I'll go get her, they are playing on Sarah's room" she said trying to hide her disappointment and act normal.

"You look nice, big date?" He said with a smile on his face.

"What?! Of curse not! Anyway let me go get her, Tara honey, your daddy is here" she turning around as fast as she could, so he couldn't see her blushing.

"Dad!" Tara yield coming out of the room. With Sarah right behind her.

"Uncle Xanda"

"Hey monsters" he said as he kneeled to hug the two girls

"We watched Finding Nemo" Tara said proudly.

"What's that now, the 25th time?" Smiling at his girl

"You are silly, daddy."

"Uncle Xanda look at me" Sarah demanded as she began her spinning around the living room.

"Wow Sarah that's great, where did you learn to spin like that?"

"Not spinning, I'm dancing. I'm a princess" she rolled her eyes at him.

"Yes daddy we are princesses" said Tara as she joined Sarah spinning around

"Of course you are" Buffy and Xander said at the same time, causing everybody to laugh.

"Well princess Tara we should get going, your pumpkin awaits you to take you to your castle where the Queen is expecting us" Xander bowed at her, extending his hand.

"You're a silly-billy" both girls yelled

They were all laughing so hard that no one heard the knocking on the door, which William found wasn't closed all the way, because it opened before him as he knocked on it, he could hear laughing so William decided shyly to come in. There they were, Buffy, Sarah, her little friend and some man playing with the girls, by the way he was interacting with them it was obvious that he was someone they both loved. And he could only think of one person, Sarah's dad. "This wasn't such a good idea mate, look at them they're a family" William thought to himself as he was silently turned to leave before someone spotted him.

"Willham!!" Sarah yelled

"William!" Buffy managed to splutter out

"I'm sorry, I knocked but then the door opened, I'm sorry I didn't mean to." William answered quietly.

"Please come in" Buffy said to him with a warm smile.

As he walked in she got a good look at him, he was wearing a blue shirt and khaki pants, his hair was a little curlier, she decided that she liked it better that way. She could see that he had something behind him, but couldn't quite see what it was.

Xander was studying him as well, first with a surprised look, and then as he realized that he was the reason why Buffy looked so pretty tonight, he moved closer to her unconsciously in a protective way.

William made his way in shyly, he felt very uncomfortable, what was he supposed to do? He decided it would be best to wait for her do all the talking and introductions.

"Hi William, I'm glad you were able to make it. I would like to introduce you to Alexander Harris; he is the father of." Buffy said to him, pointing at the man standing right next to her "Here it goes" he thought to himself

"Tara" she continued. There was a look of relief on his face, as he smiled and extend his hand to shake his, leaving what was on his hand on the table next to him.

"Nice meeting you Alexander, William Giles"

"Xander, is fine. So you are English?" Xander asked not taking his eyes away from his, trying to discover his intentions towards Buffy.

"Yes, just moved in a couple of days ago" he said casually

"So how are you liking California?"

"I like it so far" looking at Buffy, making her blush

"Ok that's my cue, Tara, honey lets go before your mommy kills us. Say goodnight to your Aunt Buffy and don't forget to say thank you" As he gave Buffy a 'I'm so going to kill you look.'

"Bye Aunt Buffy, thanks for everything it was fun" Tara thanked Buffy politely.

"Bye Tara, say hi to your mommy for me, ok?"

"OK, bye Sarah"

"I'll walk you two to the door. Please have a seat William, Ill be right there"

"Sure thing, nice meeting you mate"

"Same here"

As they approached the door she knew he was going to demand an explanation, one she didn't have so all she managed to say was "Don't say a word" Giving him a look that he knew meant business .

"You do know that first thing in the morning you will have Willow at your door, demanding every single detail right?"

"I know, talk to you tomorrow, give her a kiss from me"

"I will, good night, and Buffy. . . you look beautiful"

"Thanks Xander, good night" she said as she closed the door behind her.