Chapter 4

When she came back she saw Sarah sitting right next to William looking at some book, but as soon as he realized she was there his eyes followed her all they way until she was standing in front of them making her blush.

"Look mommy, what Willham brought me" As she proudly showed her mom a new coloring book.

"That's very nice honey" As she saw the book, and then looking at him "But you didn't have to"

"It's my pleasure luv"

"He brought something else for you, show her Willham"

"Sarah!"

"Its ok pet, I brought a bottle of wine and these are for you" he said as he handed her a flower bouquet, smiling at her blush.

"They're beautiful, thanks a lot William, but you didn't have to do all this, it was a welcome dinner for you, you are our guest you didn't have to bring any presents" She was babbling again, she always did that when she was nervous.

"As I said, it's my pleasure"

"Ok, so you want some wine? Let me look for the corkscrew, I don't even know if I have one, as you can see I don't usually have a drink, more likely a glass of milk, maybe hot cocoa if I'm feeling fancy. and I'm still babbling, sorry"

"Don't worry luv, here let me look for it" smiling at her. She was so adorable; he was trying really hard not to kiss her. "Found it"

She handed him to glasses, and gave Sarah some juice. Placing her flowers on a vase with water

"So how are you liking California?" She said trying to break the ice, because she was really feeling intimidated by the way he was looking at her.

"Oh I'm loving it"

"What is it that you do, I mean for a living?"

"I'm an editor, and I'm in charge of the California branch"

"Interesting"

"What about you luv, what else do you do besides running this place?"

"Oh, I'm a kinder garden teacher"

"Are you serious? Wow I wish I had a teacher as pretty as you when I was a little fellow, I'm sure all your students have a mayor crush on you."

"I don't about that, but I love them."

They had a nice dinner, the three of them. Sarah had the time of her life teaching her new friend how to eat what was on his plate. Buffy loved the connection they had, there had been some other guys in all the years, but her first priority was always Sarah if they didn't like her or she didn't approve them, with out much thinking she would dump them, but she seemed to love William and apparently the feeling was mutual, which made him even more attractive.

"So tell me again what are this things called?"

"Sloppy Joes silly. It's my favorite food"

"I don't get American food" when he saw her little face he continued "but I love them kitten they are.different"

After dinner they had some ice cream. When they were done, William insisted on helping her out with the dishes while she gave Sarah a shower. Buffy couldn't hide her emotions, it was perfect he had a gorgeous guy in her kitchen doing dishes and he seem love her kid, he has perfect, a little to perfect, there must be something wrong. What if he's gay? What If he is married?

After Sarah was ready for bed she allowed her to watch a Barbie movie for a little bit, while she helped William put the dishes away. William was surprised on how happy he was helping her around the kitchen, he felt comfortable around her, it seem hard to believe that he had just met her. There was still so much of her he didn't know, but he was definitely willing to find out.

Buffy was touched and surprised to see Sarah kiss and hug William goodnight. He didn't seem to mind, he hugged her back kissing her on the forehead, before sending her to her mom. Buffy tucked her in and read a quick story to her, kissing her on the cheek.

"Good night honey, sweet dreams"

"Bye mommy, love you"

"Love you too baby"

She made sure her night light was on when she turned off the lights closing the door behind her.

William was on the couch waiting for her drinking some wine, he was looking at some of the many picture frames that Buffy had all over the place, must of them were of Sarah and Buffy. He saw Buffy coming out of Sarah's room and to him she never looked so beautiful.

"Here luv, I poured you some wine" As he handed her a glass of red wine.

"I'm sorry about taking so long, she insisted on me reading her a story"

"I don't mind." Smiling at her. He really wanted to move and kiss her right there, but he liked her too much to risk ruining this. He wanted to get to know her first, he would take his time and would give her some time. He could see that she was intimidated by him and although it was flattering, he wanted her to be comfortable around him, so he decided to try and break the ice

"So pet, what's your story?"

"My story? What do you mean?

"Yes where are you from, why did you get divorced, how did you end up here with me tonight?

"Oh, that's a lot of things, this might take a while"

"I'm not in a hurry luv"

"Ok, well I'm originally from L.A. but I moved to a little town called Sunnydale, after my parents divorced. I lived there with my mom all the way until high school, but when she remarried this jerk called Ted everything changed. He hated me and the feeling was mutual, he went out of his way to make my life a living hell, he pushed my mom away from me, filled her head with ideas.

I had a boyfriend back there, it seem perfect at the time, good looking, athletic, smart, and rich, not that that was the most important thing. Riley and I had a good thing going, we were the perfect couple, although his parents didn't think so, but they thought it was fine that he had fun with me, as long as by the end of senior year, he would go to Princeton and preserve the family tradition. But Riley had other plans in mind, he wasn't interested in law, he was more into action, and by that I mean military." Buffy look at him and thought to herself that maybe it was too much information for him "Am I boring you?"

"Not at all pet, please go on"

"Ok, senior year, things got worse at my house, Ted was so mad at me one time that he even hit me, and the saddest thing was that my mom didn't do a thing. So I held on to Riley, he was the only thing good in my life, after graduation he decided not to go to Princeton but instead go to Iowa to try to join some special forces and he asked me to go with him, and I did. It seem like the only solution at the time. So we left, he made it into some special group, the fact that he was well educated, that he spoke 3 languages, and athletic help him. He was gone for several months while he was in training, I got a job as a waitress. After a couple of months after that he came back and told me he had been assigned to a very special top secret mission. He was so excited and we had a wonderful weekend together. That was when he proposed to me, I said yes and we got married 2 weeks before he left. I was broken hearted when he left, one morning I woke up alone, there was a note on the pillow" Tears running down her cheeks.

"You alright luv? You don't have to tell me anything else if you don't want to"

"Its ok, I need to say it, been keeping it for long. They say is easier to talk to a stranger"

"I don't want to be a stranger"

"But I don't know anything about you and here I am opening my heart to you"

"What would you like to know? Would it make it easier for you if I take the mic for a while?"

"Stage is yours"