In the car he tried to keep a simple conversation going, he didn't want it to get too personal, if she needed time, that exactly what he'd give her. She could feel occasionally, when she wasn't looking, his eyes on her legs or on her cleavage, instead of being mad she was flattered. Her dress was having the effect she wanted.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise luv"

"Oh"

"You don't like surprises?"

"Is not that, it's just that I'm curious. When ever someone says surprise I need to know"

"Well you'll find out soon enough pet"

"Ok I'll guess I can wait"

"No need to luv, we are here"

"Where are we?

"You'll see" As he said that he opened his door, she was about to the same "What do you think you are doing pet?"

"What does it look like, I'm letting myself out"

"The hell you are"

"Excuse me"

"A lady waits for her door to be open, didn't you know that missy"

"It's ok William, I'm quite capable of opening the door myself, and this is the 21 century you know?"

"Pet, this is not a matter on capability, is about letting yourself being treated like a lady" He smiled at her and caressed her cheek with his hand "Buffy I just want to treat you like you deserve. Will you let me?"

"Yes William" As she looked at him touched by his words, no one had ever treated her like that, he was too perfect to be true.

"Now be a lady and wait for me to let you out of the car luv" Saying that he finally stepped out of the car and opened her door, offering his hand to help her out, then lowered his head to place a warm kiss on her hand. "My lady, shall we?"

"Yes, lets go" Buffy smiled at him, after which she took the arm that was being offered to escort her, she decided then to live the moment and allow her self to enjoy this opportunity for as long as it lasted.

The restaurant was called "Gondolieri" it was the newest thing in town, Buffy had no idea how he managed to get a reservation for a Saturday night in such a short notice. The main entrance consisted of stairs illuminated by candles which indicated your way down stairs, where the hostess was waiting.

"Good evening sir"

"Good evening, I have a reservation under the name of Giles, William Giles" William said proudly with Buffy by his side.

"Yes Mr. Giles. Welcome to Gondolieri, your gondola would be here in a moment to take you to the restaurant"

Buffy felt like she was in a dream. Right next to them, there was a little channel, not long after, a little gondola appeared to take them to their final destination. The ride trough the channel was beautiful it was dark only illuminated by torches that reflected themselves in the water, as they came out of a tunnel, they could finally see the restaurant

"This place is beautiful" Buffy said excited "How did you find out about it"

"I have my sources luv" and as he said that he grabbed her hand and kissed it "I'm glad you like it"

"Are you kidding me, I love it. I don't think that I have ever been to a place like this before, I feel like I'm in a dream"

She was adorable he thought, she didn't hide her true emotions. Dru would have probably said that the place was charming, but she would definitely never let herself sound surprised or impressed, no matter how hard he tried. Buffy was so different, she with out pretensions, and he wasn't afraid to admit to himself that he was falling in love with her. He loved that she was a strong woman who didn't feel the need to shut out all romance out of her life. He loved they way she seem to love her daughter, she was what he needed, however he understood that she would required patience and he was willing to be patient, after all things that are worth it are never easy.

"You deserve it pet"

They reached the dock and he offered his hand to her again, this time she took it with out hesitation. Once at the dock another hostess was waiting for them.

"Mr. Giles, right this way, your table is ready" As the hostess show them their way to their table. Buffy realized that the girl seem to like her date, since she kept smiling at him, and she would blush when he smiled back at her. Still it didn't matter, he was hot and he was her date.

"Luv, allow me" William murmured as he pulled out her chair for her.

"Thank you William"

They had a lovely evening, the place was lighted only by candles, there were white flowers everywhere and a soft violin playing in the back round. It was perfect. The food was delicious, and William picked a great wine to go with it. During dinner they talk some more about their jobs, their childhoods, and Sarah of course. Buffy however realize that he didn't say much about his previous marriage, she wondered why was that, still she decided not to pressure him, he would do it when he was ready.

"William can I asked you a question?"

"Sure thing pet?"

"Do you have any kids?"

"Kids?" His face lost his smile "no pet no kids"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sad, is just that you are so good with kids"

"Well that comes from years of practice with my sisters kids, I guess that's what I miss the most about home"

"Yes, I can see that"

They decided to share a dessert, since Buffy claimed she was already stuffed, but he insisted on trying their very famous chocolate cake.

He couldn't believe how sexy it was just feeding her chocolate cake.

"mmm, oh my God this is delicious" Buffy claimed "you were absolutely right, you have to try it"

"Glad you like it pet" William said with a smile, without being able to take his eyes away from her mouth " Do you have any idea how sexy you look right now?"

"What??" Buffy blushed "sexy me? Yeah right, with my mouth full of chocolate"

"Yes you look adorable and incredible sexy" he gave her another forkfull of the delicious chocolate cake.

'Oh my god he is so sexy' She thought to herself

"So can I have a piece that?" He asked suggestively

"A piece of what?" She asked smiling at him yet blushing

"Your chocolate cake of course, is just that you make it look delicious. What did you think I was talking about?"

"Nothing" Buffy said looking embarrassed "Here have some" and without thinking she fed him some cake

"You little.mmm it is delicious, but not as delicious at this" And without any warning he kissed her on the lips, licking all the remains of the chocolate cake from her lips.

When they finally separated, Buffy felt that she must be in a dream and couldn't hide her smile.

"This has been an amazing evening, I wish it didn't have to finish" Buffy said

"Its not over yet luv, besides I'm planning on having a lot more, if you are ok with that?"

"Yes, that's ok with me" As soon as she finished saying this he was kissing her again, this time a little deeper, she loved the feeling of his tongue exploring her mouth. He had the ability of making everything so sexy.

William knew she was the one, and he wasn't planning on letting her go anyway, she tasted like chocolate and wine, and boy she smelled great! He wished that in that very moment that everybody else around them would disappear, so he could make love to her right there under the glow of candle light.

After dessert, they left the restaurant, only this time he had his arm around her waist, and they kissed all the time during the gondola ride back, especially at the tunnel. To everyone watching they looked like teenagers in love.

They took a brief stroll under the moon light, his arm around her and she resting her head on his shoulder. It was amazing how good they felt in each other arms. Buffy never felt so protected and beautiful before. He had the gift of making her feel the most beautiful girl in the world, and she loved it.

"Thank you for a lovely evening, William I can't even begin to tell you how nice it was. I don't think I had ever had a date like this before in my life"

"My pleasure luv" he said kissing her tenderly on the lips "And what exactly do you mean by never had a date like this before, a beautiful girl like you, must have 100 blokes after her"

"Not really, I don't date that much, besides the guys I usually go out with think that pizza and beer at a sports bar, qualifies as date, after which they expect you to sleep with them"

"Pizza and a beer huh? If only I had known that was all it took to get lucky with you" he teased her

"You jerk" She smiled, backhanding him across the chest and breaking the hug. She pretend she was mad crossing her arms, refusing to talk to him and turning her back to him

"I'm kidding pet" he said as he grabbed her from behind, his hands on her waist and his mouth at her ear. She immediately responded, arching her back towards him. "I never dreamed of being as lucky as I was tonight. I'm the luckiest block on earth just because I got the kiss and hold you "

After hearing those words, she turned around to kiss him. "You are good with words Mr. Giles"

"That's not all I'm good with pet"

"Oh really?"

"Indeed" after saying that he began kissing her again, this time more passionate than before. Somehow Buffy ended up against the wall, but even then he was gentle to her, she knew that if she didn't stop him soon, she hasn't going to be able to stop herself. She really liked him but she needed to be sure, she needed to take this slow, too much was at risk.

"Sorry I can't ask you in, but I have two girls waiting for me"

"That's ok luv, but we could always go up to my place if you wanted to" he knew as he said it he was pushing his luck, and putting in risk all he had achieved tonight, but he said it anyway. He just hoped she wouldn't take it the wrong way and jump to any conclusions; he cared for her to much to loose her.

"As tempting as it sounds, I think I'll have to pass" Saying that was hard, she really wanted to go upstairs and see what would happened, but she knew this was the right call. She hoped he could understand it and be patient.

"It's ok luv, I understand" He was relieved to hear that she didn't hate him for asking her that, although there wasn't anything he wanted more right now than take her in his arms and bring her to his bed.

"I like you William, you are a wonderful man but I need to take this slow. I hope you can understand"

"I do luv, don't worry. I like you too and I think you are the most beautiful and amazing woman I have ever met" Saying that he kissed her on the hand. "Good night pet I had a lovely evening. I'll see you soon"

"Good night" She kissed him on the cheek "And thank you so much, for everything and I mean everything"

"It was my pleasure pet. Sweet dreams" He waited for her to open the door, and get in safe before he left.

Once inside, Buffy fell out of her beautiful dream when she saw Dawn asleep in the couch with the TV on and the pizza box open on the table. She wasn't the neatest babysitter, but she was handy and good with Sarah.

"Dawnie. I'm home"

"What?"

"I'm home, you can go home now."

"Buffy, how did it go?"

"Great, I had a lovely time"

"I'm glad, I expect to hear all the details in the morning"

"Sure. Was everything ok around here?"

"Yes, everything is fine, she's asleep"

"Good. Thank you so much Dawn, and have a good night" she paid her and let her out.

"Good night Buffy"

After Dawn left Buffy checked on Sarah, and saw that she was sleeping like a little princess. She kissed her on the forehead and then went to bed to dream about her very own prince charming.