Chapter 11

Spike woke up with a smile on his face as he remembered the night before. He saw Buffy sleeping peacefully next to him and he couldn't believe how lucky he was. He kissed her on the head which then woke her up. She opened her eyes and looked up at him to find him watching her. "Good morning." She said as she yawned.

"Morning, sleep well?" Buffy nodded.

"Better than I have in a while." Spike leaned closer to her and gave her a peck on the lips. He then had a worried look on his face and Buffy wondered what was wrong, but she didn't have to wonder for long.

"What was last night to you? I know you said you only wanted to be friends and if this was a one time thing for you then I understand, but I don't think I can just be friends after what happened. I want so much more with you, Buffy. I want everything. I've never felt this way before and it terrifies me knowing that it could all be taken away. I need to know how you feel about what happened. I don't want you to regret it." He said as he looked away and Buffy cupped his cheek and turned his face to look back at her.

"It was the best night of my life, I don't regret anything. I have never felt anything like that before, Spike. I realize that I want everything you said and I want it with you. You make me feel safe and beautiful and I've never felt that way before. I know it might be too soon, but I think I'm falling in love with you." She said the last part quietly, but Spike heard her and a smile graced his lips.

"I don't think it; I know I'm already in love with you." Buffy gave him a smile and kissed him softly on the lips. She then lay her head down on his chest and listened to his heartbeat as he touched her hair.

"I just wish we could stay like this forever." She said and he agreed.

"Yeah, but you know we have to go back to Sunnydale tonight." He told her and then reality came back to her.

"No, I have to go back to Sunnydale. You'll be coming back here." Spike could tell that she was hurting and he kissed her head.

"You know I'll be there whenever you need me. It's only two hours away." Buffy nodded.

"I know, but it's not the same." Spike nodded also.

"I know, sweetheart. We just have to make the best of it. You still would want to be with me, right?" Buffy looked up at him.

"More than anything." She said as she kissed him and then rested her head back on his chest. He was touching her hair again and she felt herself start to doze off.

"Just rest, I'll wake you up when it's time to leave." He whispered to her as she drifted off to sleep. Spike just decided to watch her for a while longer. He never realized he could love something so much, but looking at her he knew that he did and he would never let her go. He knew that she would be leaving Sunnydale eventually and maybe they could go somewhere together because he realized that she was the one that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He looked back at her and kissed the top of her head again. "I love you." He whispered as he watched her a little bit longer and then fell back asleep.