Chapter 12

Buffy was back at the diner and wiping off the counter when Faith walked over to her with a big smile on her face. “You slept with him, didn’t you?” Buffy looked up at her question a little surprised.

“How do you do that?” Faith shrugged.

“I’m just that good. Well, how was it?” Buffy looked embarrassed.

“That’s a little personal.” Faith rolled her eyes.

“Come on, B. I told you about my first time, it would only be fair.” Buffy rolled her eyes also.

“We were 14, Faith. It really wasn’t my choice.” Faith shrugged again.

“Yeah, but I still told you.” Buffy sighed and sat down and then a smile graced her lips. “It was that good, huh?” Faith said as she sat next to Buffy.

“I think amazing is the word I would use. He was so gentle and caring. I’ve never felt anything like it before. We have this connection that I never knew I could have with a guy.” Faith nodded.

“That’s cool, I take it you really like him.” Buffy smiled again.

“No, I really love him.” Faith’s eyes grew big at that.

“Wow, I never knew it was that deep. Does he feel the same way?” Buffy nodded.

“I’m pretty sure. I know it’s sudden, but I can’t help the way I feel. That’s why I hate the fact that he’s on his way back to LA right now.” She said with a sad expression. Faith then looked at something behind Buffy and smiled.

“I wouldn’t say that, he happens to be right behind you.” Buffy turned around to see Spike standing there with a smile on his face. She got up and walked over to him.

“What are you doing here? I thought you would have left by now.” Spike nodded.

“I did, but then I turned around and came back here. I realized that I don’t have to be home right now and I would rather be here with you.” He said as he pulled her closer to him and kissed her on the lips.

“You guys need to get a room.” Faith said and they broke away from each other and looked at her. Spike smiled at her suggestion.

“That sounds like a pretty good idea. I’m staying at a hotel not far from here if you wanted to join me.” He told Buffy and as tempting as that sounded she knew she couldn’t.

“I would really like to, but I promised my dad I would be home tonight.” Spike nodded in understanding. He was still the only one that knew about her father and he knew that she wanted to spend time with him. “Why don’t you come? If you’re not doing anything else tonight.” Spike smiled at that.

“Nothing that I can think of.” He took her hand and Buffy looked back at Faith.

“Would you mind closing up?” She asked her and Faith shook her head.

“I got it, get out of here.” Buffy smiled at her.

“Thanks,” she said as she walked out of the diner with Spike. Faith smiled when they left.

“She is damn lucky.” She said to herself as she finished wiping off the counter. She then headed out back for a smoke when she spotted a hot guy in the distance. Faith gave another smile. “Maybe I’m about to be the lucky one.” She said as she walked over to him.