Chapter 15

Everyone was helping Spike move his stuff into the new house about a week later. The house wasn’t that big, but it was just enough space for him. Xander came out of the house after carrying a few boxes in and walked over to Anya who was just standing around. “Anya, there’s a box right in front of you that you can feel free to carry inside.” He told her.

“I’m only here for support, Xander. No one said I had to carry anything.” Xander sighed and rubbed at his eyes. He loved Anya, but she was definitely a handful. He turned away from her and saw Buffy come out of the house and head for another box. She didn’t see the purse on the ground until she tripped over it. Xander ran to her without even thinking about it and caught her before she fell on the ground. She smiled up at him.

“Wow, you move fast.” She told him and he returned her smile.

“Not my first time.” Anya looked over at them and saw that Xander was still holding Buffy. She walked over to them.

“Come on, Xander. Let’s take some more boxes in.” She said as she pulled Xander away from Buffy and he was just happy that she finally wanted to help. Buffy watched them go when she felt someone wrap their arms around her waist.

“I think someone has a crush on you.” Spike whispered in her ear and she turned to look at him.

“You mean, Xander? He used to have a crush on me in high school, but he’s over it now. He’s totally in love with Anya.” Spike nodded.

“Well, I wish him luck with that. Not that she doesn’t seem like a lovely girl. She just seems like a lot to handle.” Buffy agreed.

“Tell me about it.” Buffy then looked around for Faith, but didn’t see her anywhere. She instead walked over to another girl. “Tara, have you seen Faith?” The shy girl looked at her and nodded.

“She just went into the house with a guy. I don’t know who he was.” Buffy sighed and after thanking Tara she walked into the house. She saw that the bathroom door was open a little and looked inside to find Faith and Gunn making out. She rolled her eyes and opened the door more.

“Okay, that’s enough.” She said as she pulled Faith away from him. “You two have to quit it. You’re here to help out not to play tonsil hockey. There’s plenty time for that later.” Faith rolled her eyes also.

“Sure thing, mom.” Buffy gave her a look.

“You get outside and bring in more boxes.” She said as she pointed to Faith who sighed and did as she said. She then turned back to Gunn. “You do the same thing and please, zip up your fly.” She said and Gunn looked down and zipped up his pants.

“Sorry about that, Buffy.” Buffy just nodded.

“It’s fine, I just really wish you two could not be groping each other for once. I really need to stop witnessing it.” He nodded and walked past her and headed outside. Buffy then heard someone laughing and she headed to the nearby closet where she figured it came from. She opened the door to find Angel also making out with someone. “Oh my god! Are you kidding me?” She said and they pulled away from each other and looked embarrassed.

“Hey, Buff. You know Darla, right?” Angel said and Buffy glared at him.

“Get out here.” She said as she pulled him out of the closet and Darla followed. “I can’t believe you, Angel. I expect this from Faith, but you? You’re supposed to be the responsible one. I mean you’re almost 30 for crying out loud, stop acting like a damn teenager. It’s just disturbing.” Angel looked offended, but he didn’t say anything. Buffy just turned her gaze to the blonde woman standing next to him. “It’s nice to see you again, Darla. I just wish it was at a better time.” Darla gave her a smile.

“Right, you too. I’m just gonna go. See you later, Angel.” She said as she ran past him and out of the house. Buffy turned back to Angel and she put her hand on her head.

“Angel, your zipper is also down.” She said and he looked down and zipped up his pants with an embarrassed look on his face. He walked away from her and she sighed when he was gone. She then refused to look around the rest of the house and decided to yell instead because she didn’t want to witness anything else. “Okay, I know you two are in here somewhere! Get your asses out here now!” She exclaimed when Xander and Anya suddenly walked out from wherever they were, both looking messed up like they were also about to have sex. Buffy just crossed her arms over her chest and looked at them. They walked past her without even looking at her which Buffy was grateful for. She shook her head when they were gone. “I’m so going to need therapy.” She said to herself when she saw Spike standing by the door with a smirk on his face. “Don’t even think about it, we’re not doing the same thing.” She said as she walked over to him. “We’re the good influences.” Spike put his arm around her.

“Speak for yourself.” He said as they both walked out of the house.