Chapter 16

Spike was all moved in a few days later and his living room and bedroom were now cluttered with boxes. Buffy said she would help him unpack some stuff, but he told her not to worry about it. She was busy at the diner and she seemed a little distracted. “Hey, you okay?” Faith asked her and she looked at her friend.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little tired.” Faith gave her a smile.

“Let me guess. You were over at Spike’s last night and he kept you up really late. Finally someone is getting her naughty on.” Buffy blushed a little and shook her head.

“No, that’s not it. I was just thinking about my dad.” Faith wasn’t expecting that.

“What about him?” Buffy wasn’t sure if she should tell Faith the truth or not. She has been her best friend for as long as she could remember and they usually told each other everything, but Hank was also like a father to Faith even more than her real father since he never seemed to be around all that much. Buffy knew that Faith would be hurting also if she knew the truth and Buffy didn’t want her friend to feel bad. She was usually so full of life and made everything exciting; Buffy didn’t want to be responsible for bringing her down.

“It’s nothing, just thinking about this conversation we had the other day. It’s nothing for you to worry about.” Faith nodded accepting her answer even though she knew that Buffy wasn’t telling her something. She let it go and Buffy decided to change the subject. “So, how are things going with Gunn? It’s been a few weeks now, think that’s the longest you ever spent with the same guy.” Faith smiled when she thought about Gunn.

“I know, he’s really cool. I just figured it would have been a one time thing like all the others, but he’s different and he seems actually interested in me for more than just sex. Which I have to admit is new. I really like him.” Buffy was happy for her friend.

“That’s great, Faith. You deserve to have a good guy in your life. I just wish I would stop walking in on you guys.” Faith laughed.

“Yeah, kinda with you on that one.” She said as she walked away and headed to one of the tables. Buffy smiled and went back to what she was doing. Angel then walked over to her and he actually looked shy.

“Hey, Buffy. About what happened the other day...” Buffy held up her hand to stop him.

“I’m really trying to forget about it. I mean I practically saw you in all your glory and I’m really just trying to get the image out of my head.” She explained.

“It wasn’t that bad. I’m not a bad looking guy.” Buffy sighed and looked at him.

“Of course you’re not, Angel. It’s just that it’s you and you’re like a brother to me and when I think about that it’s just gross.” Angel nodded.

“You’re right, I’m sorry. We shouldn’t have been doing that.” Buffy nodded also.

“Yeah, it’s forgotten. Don’t worry about it.” Angel sighed in relief and gave her a smile before he walked away. Buffy walked home later that night and couldn’t help the bad feeling that she seemed to be having as she got closer to her house. She saw that the door was open and walked in. She headed to the living room and saw Jenny and Giles there and they both had worried expressions on their faces. “Hey, what are you two doing here? Where’s dad?” Jenny and Giles looked at each other and Jenny nodded and walked over to Buffy.

“Honey, your father was taken to the hospital.” Buffy suddenly understood that worried feeling she was having.

“Is he okay? What happened?” She asked in a shaky voice.

“We’re not sure. He was fine and then he suddenly passed out. We didn’t know what to do so we called an ambulance and they just arrived and took him to the hospital. We were waiting for you so we could take you there if you like.” Jenny told her and she looked away so they wouldn’t see the tears start to form in her eyes and then she shook her head.

“No, I don’t feel like going right now.” She said and Giles nodded.

“Perhaps you would feel more like going tomorrow. You should get some rest right now.” Buffy looked at him and nodded also.

“Would you like us to stay with you?” Jenny asked and Buffy shook her head again.

“That’s okay; you guys can go to the hospital. Someone should be there with him.” They both agreed and Buffy just walked past them and headed upstairs. Giles and Jenny watched her go. They knew how terrified Buffy was of hospitals and the thought of her father being in one after what happened with her mother was probably too much for her. They just hoped that she would be alright.