Chapter 17

"I can't believe you didn't tell me." Faith told Buffy the next day. The truth came out about her dad after he was taken to the hospital.

"I'm sorry; I didn't want to worry anyone." Faith sighed.

"I get that, but you shouldn't have been dealing with this alone." Buffy shook her head.

"I wasn't, Giles and Jenny knew about it and Spike." Faith crossed her arms over her chest.

"You told Spike? You told him over me?" Buffy realized that probably wasn't a good thing to say.

"It just happened, I wasn't planning on it. He told me about his sister, so I felt that I should tell him. He isn't as close to my dad as you are, Faith. I knew you would hurt more and I didn't want anyone to feel bad." Faith nodded in understanding and put her arm around Buffy.

"No more secrets, okay? We have to tell each other everything, especially if it's as serious as this." Buffy nodded.

"I know and I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It was just hard to talk about." She explained and Faith decided to let it go.

"I'm heading to the hospital now, you wanna come with?" Buffy looked at her and shook her head.

"I can't, I have a lot of stuff to do. You just go ahead." Faith knew something was up with her friend.

"You need to go, Buffy. You're dad would like to see you." Buffy nodded and avoided her gaze.

"I know, I'll go later. I'm just busy right now." Faith decided to let it go even though she knew something was bothering Buffy.

"Alright, guess I'll see you later." She said as she left Buffy's house. Buffy sat down and didn't know what to do when she heard a knock on her door. She went to the door to find Spike there and he gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asked her and she hugged him.

"Better now." They stayed like that for a few minutes when Buffy pulled away and led him inside the house. They both sat down on the couch and neither really knew what to say. Spike broke the silence.

"Shouldn't you be at the hospital with the others?" He asked her and she shook her head.

"I can't, I'm too scared to go." She was surprised that she could admit that. He put his arm around her.

"I know this is hard, but you can't avoid it forever. You need to be there for your father." Buffy stood up and crossed her arms.

"I just can't. Nothing good ever happens at hospitals, I hate them. The last time I went was when my mom was sick and she never came back. She died in the hospital and I was with her when it happened and I won't go through that again. I won't watch someone else I love die, I just won't." Buffy started pacing as she said this and Spike stood up to stop her.

"I know that you're scared, but you can't hide forever. You don't know what will happen, but your father needs you right now. Seeing you will give him the strength he needs to get through this. He can't do it alone, Buffy. You need each other." Buffy looked away for a second and then back into his eyes. She knew that he was right. She nodded and took a deep breath before she spoke again.

"Could you take me to the hospital?" Spike smiled and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Let's go." He said as he took her hand in his and pulled her out of the house. She took another deep breath and hoped that everything would work out, but she still had a bad feeling.