Chapter 5

"I can't believe this. The only reason he rejected me was because he was interested in you? This never happens." Faith stated after Buffy told her about her conversation with Spike.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Buffy said even though she wasn't really sorry.

"I can't believe you turned him down. What's wrong with you, B? Have you not seen him?" Buffy sighed and turned to her friend.

"I told you, Faith. I'm not interested right now. I just want to get enough money so I can get out of here and that's it. My main goal right now is to get out of Sunnydale." She told her.

"Come on, this place isn't so bad. Why do you wanna leave so badly?" Buffy shrugged.

"I've just been here my whole life and I'm looking for more. I always dreamed of seeing the world and I know I'll probably never get to do that, but getting out of Sunnydale would be a good start." Faith nodded and put her arm around her friend.

"That makes sense. Just promise me that when you get out of here you'll take me with you. I don't care where you go." Buffy smiled.

"Of course, you think I would just leave you behind? Remember the pact we made when we were 6?" Faith smiled as she remembered.

"Yeah, the best friends forever one. God, we were so lame back then." Buffy agreed.

"Yeah, but it's true. No one can ever replace you, Faith. Where I go, you go. It was in the pact and we can't break that." Faith hugged Buffy.

"I kinda love you, Buffy. Even if the hot guy chose you over me." Buffy laughed.

"I kinda love you, too." They were both hugging when Angel walked over to them.

"You both need to get a room." They pulled away from each other and Faith glared at her brother.

"Like you don't love the girl on girl action." She said and Buffy couldn't help but smile at that.

"That's just sick; it's not as exciting when it's my sister and her best friend." Faith rolled her eyes.

"It was just a hug anyway, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if it was Buffy and some other hot chick." Angel thought about it and then shook his head.

"Nope, still sick. She's also like a sister to me and I'm interested in older women. No offense, Buff." He told her and she shrugged.

"None taken." She replied.

"Look, you guys can get out of here now. I was gonna close up." Faith smiled at that.

"You sure?" Buffy asked and Angel nodded.

"Hey, he said he was sure. Let's go." Faith said as she grabbed Buffy's hand. "See you later, Angel." Faith yelled to her brother as she pulled Buffy out of the diner.