Chapter 7

A month went by and Buffy was helping out with her father as much as she could. She didn’t tell anyone about his illness because she didn’t want anyone to worry or feel sorry for her. She just wanted everything to be like they always were so when she was around her friends she would act like nothing was wrong. Not all of her friends believed that everything was okay though. “Alright, what’s wrong?” Spike asked her later that night at the diner.

“Nothing’s wrong.” She told him and he wasn’t convinced.

“Right, you never look this depressed and if you scrub that counter any harder it’ll fall apart.” Buffy stopped and realized he was right. She sighed and sat down.

“I’m just tired.” Spike nodded and stood up.

“I can fix that. Why don’t I take you out tonight? You can take your mind off of whatever’s bothering you and I know that something is even if you won’t tell me.” He told her.

“What did you have in mind?” She asked and he smiled at her.

“That’s my girl. Come on, let’s go.” He said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

“Wait, I have to close up.” Spike shook his head.

“Faith has it covered.” He replied as he pulled her out of the diner and to his car.

“Where exactly are we going?” She asked.

“I’m taking you to LA for the weekend.” He explained.

“Spike, I can’t just leave for the whole weekend. I have responsibilities.” Spike shook his head; he wasn’t letting her get out of it.

“I talked to Angel and he said it was okay. Faith will handle things at the diner and I already asked your father and he said it was a good idea. They all agree that you need this, Buffy. You’ve been working too hard and you need to get away and have some fun, no responsibilities.” Buffy crossed her arms over her chest.

“You planned this, didn’t you?” Spike smiled.

“Well, yeah. I think it would be good for you. I already had your dad pack a few things so all you need to do is get in the car. So, what do you say?” Buffy thought about it and then a smile graced her lips.

“I’ll go, but only because I need a break.” Spike nodded and opened the car door for her. She got in and he closed the door and went to his side and got in also. He started the car and pulled away from the diner. When they were on the road he looked at her.

“I only have one rule, no touching the radio.” He said as she was just about to change the station. She pulled her hand away and gave him a pout.

“Spoil my fun.” Spike smiled at her and they continued the drive to LA in silence.