Chapter 8

Spike opened the door and walked inside, Buffy right behind him. “Well, this is where I live. I know it’s not much, but it is just me here.” Buffy looked around at the apartment.

“It’s fine, I think it suits you.” Spike shrugged and took her bag from her. He showed her to the extra room which was right next to his.

“I finally can make some use of this room.” Buffy looked around the room and saw that it was very pink which she wouldn’t expect Spike to have even if it wasn’t his room. She looked in the closet and saw that there were girl’s clothes in there.

“Spike, did someone used to live with you? There are still some clothes in here.” Spike looked saddened for a moment before he answered her.

“Yeah, they were my sister’s. She used to live here. I didn’t really have the heart to get rid of her stuff.” Buffy nodded and was now curious since she didn’t know he had a sister.

“Where is she now?” She asked as she looked at him and felt bad when she saw the look on his face.

“She died a few years ago.” He said and Buffy saw how much it hurt him to talk about.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said anything.” Spike shook his head.

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it. Anyway, why don’t you get changed and we can go out.” Buffy nodded.

“Where are we going?” She asked him as she looked for something to wear.

“There’s a club I like to perform at not far from here. I thought we could go there. It’s not like the Bronze, but it’s close.” Buffy nodded and then looked at him.

“You perform? Are you in a band?” Spike shook his head.

“Not really, I just play guitar and I like to sing a little. I’m not that great, but it’s a living.” Buffy realized that there was a lot she really didn’t know about him.

“That’s cool; I would like to see you perform one of these days.” Spike smiled at her.

“If you’re good I might do it tonight. I’ll let you get dressed.” He said as he left the room and closed the door behind him. He rested his head on the door for a few seconds before he went into his room. He was a little nervous about performing in front of her and about having her in the room right next to him when he really wanted her to be in his room with him. He understood that she just wanted to be friends, but it was killing him to be so close to her and not be able to touch her in the way he wanted. No girl has ever made him so nervous before, but there was something special about Buffy. She was different from all the other girls that he dated. He shook those thoughts away and changed his clothes. When he walked out of his room he found that Buffy was already waiting for him. He stopped to look at her. She was wearing a red halter top with a black skirt. Her hair was down in waves and to sum it all up she looked beautiful.

“You ready to go?” Spike realized that she spoke and got back in control.

“Yeah, you look great.” He didn’t plan on saying that, but it came out anyway. Buffy smiled at him.

“Thanks, so do you.” Spike returned her smile and held his hand out to her.

“Shall we go then?” She looked at him and smiled again as she grabbed his hand.

“We shall.” She replied as they both left the apartment.