Chapter 9

Buffy and Spike walked into the club later that night and Buffy was surprised at how big it was. She was afraid that she might get lost, but luckily Spike was holding her hand pretty tight like he was afraid to let her go. They walked further in and sat down at a table in the back. Spike looked like he was about to say something when a lady walked over to them that Buffy figured was the waitress even though she wasn't really wearing much. The woman smiled when she saw Spike. "Spike, it's good to see you." She said as she kissed him on the cheek and Buffy couldn't help but feel a little jealous at the display. Spike smiled at her.

"You too, Mindy. This is my friend, Buffy." He said introducing Buffy, but the woman hardly acknowledged her.

"Nice to meet you." She said without even looking at her and Buffy glared at the woman which she also didn't notice. "I hope you're singing tonight, Spike. We really miss hearing you around here. You don't come in as much these days." She told him with a pout and Buffy rolled her eyes.

"Sorry about that, love. I've been a little busy." He replied as he stole a glance at Buffy. "I'll definitely be on tonight though. I have a special song to sing." He said still looking at Buffy and she turned away from his intense stare. Mindy didn't like the looks Spike was giving to the blonde and tried to draw his attention back to her.

"Well, I'll be looking forward to that." She said as she practically thrust her breasts in his face. Buffy shook her head. This slut made Faith look classy. "What can I get you tonight, sweetie." She asked Spike in a husky voice and Spike noticed an irritated look on Buffy's face. He wondered if that could be jealousy. He just smiled at Mindy.

"I'll have bourbon. What about you, Buffy?" Buffy looked at Mindy who still refused to look at her.

"I'll just have a coke." She said and Mindy actually looked at her like she just noticed that she was there.

"Yeah, coming right up." She said as she walked away. Buffy looked back at Spike.

"She's a breath of fresh air." Spike smirked at her.

"If I didn't know any better I would say you were jealous." Buffy rolled her eyes.

"Please, I am so not jealous. We're just friends; I have nothing to be jealous about." Spike didn't seem convinced, but he decided to let it go. Mindy brought their drinks a few minutes later and left without saying anything. Buffy and Spike just spent their time trying to talk over the music when a slow song came on. Spike smiled and stood up. Buffy wasn't sure what he was doing until he held out his hand to her. She smiled also and placed her hand in his. He pulled her up and they moved to the dance floor. Spike wrapped his arms around her waist and her arms went around his neck. She rested her head on his chest and they moved to the song. Spike never knew that anything could feel this good. He knew that Buffy only thought of him as a friend, but for tonight he would just imagine that they were more. The song stopped and Buffy pulled away to look at him. She couldn't seem to look away when a smile then graced his lips.

"Wait right here, love." He said as he walked away from her and headed to the stage. Buffy wondered what he was doing this time when he went up there and someone handed him a guitar and put a stool down for him to sit on. Buffy smiled when she realized that he was going to sing. He grabbed the microphone and was about to say something when a lot of girls suddenly screamed and cheered for him, obviously happy that he was up there. Spike smiled and went back to the microphone. "Hey, everyone. It's good to be up here again, sorry you had to wait so long." The girls screamed again and Spike continued what he was saying. "I would like to dedicate this song to a special lady out there. You know who you are." Buffy blushed when Spike's eyes locked on hers. She then took a deep breath as he started playing the guitar and she realized that he was really good. She let the breath out when he began to sing.

Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else


I drove for miles and miles
And wound up at your door
I've had you so many times but somehow
I want more


I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
She will be loved


Tap on my window knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful
I know I tend to get so insecure
It doesn't matter anymore


It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise that moves us along
My heart is full and my door's always open
You can come anytime you want


I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
She will be loved


I know where you hide
Alone in your car
Know all of the things that make you who you are
I know that goodbye means nothing at all
Comes back and begs me to catch her every time she falls


Tap on my window knock on my door
I want to make you feel beautiful


I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
And she will be loved
And she will be loved
And she will be loved


Buffy had tears coming down her face when he finished as everyone else started to cheer for him. Spike smiled and put the guitar down as he walked back to Buffy and he was surprised to see her crying. "Was it that bad?" He asked her and she managed a smile and shook her head.

"No, it was really good." She replied as she wiped her eyes. "You're really talented." She told him and he shrugged.

"I do what I can. Are you alright?" Buffy nodded and wiped at her eyes again.

"Yeah, did you really write that for me?" Spike suddenly looked shy as he nodded.

"It just came to me. I wasn't planning on you hearing it though. I'm sorry if I upset you." Buffy shook her head.

"No, it was sweet. No one's ever done anything like that for me before." Spike smiled and wiped one of her tears away.

"First time for everything." She grabbed his hand that was still on her face and held it as she looked into his eyes.

"Let's get out of here." He nodded and grasped her hand tighter as they both walked out of the club.

The song was "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5 and I'm sure ya'll were waiting for it. I obviously don't own it. I don't really own anything sad to say. Well, this was the first time that I actually put a song in a story. I usually don't like stories that have songs in them, but I couldn't resist putting that one in here and I thought it really worked. It's also a really good song, so that helps=)