Chapter 10

#William’s dimension #

Willow wrapped an arm around William’s shoulders and held Dawn close to her. William watched as they lowered the coffin into the ground, still not comprehending what was happening. One minute they were all happy and the next she was on the ground convulsing and another six months later she was dead.(AN: remember time moves differently in this dimension, it has only been three months for Buffy) The doctor’s were baffled, especially the part where the baby just disappeared.

Willow eyes were red and puffy, she knew what happened but still it was a shock, her best friend was dead and her other best friend was not processing what was happening.

All Dawn understood was for 6 months she had a mommy and now she didn’t. So she was gripping Willow and trying not to look at anyone and especially not the wooden box everyone was staring at with tears running down their faces.

William shook Willow off and took Dawn off her and threw the roses onto the box before leaving a gapping crowd. He drove back to their house, where they had shared everything and his second child should have been raised. He put Dawn in front of television and helped himself to a glass of bourbon before sitting and watching their daughter laugh happily at something on the television. She was blissfully unaware of the heart ache her father was experiencing.

#Buffy dimension#
Buffy stood in front of Spike suddenly realizing that he wasn’t Spike. This entire day had been a mess. First she has to sing in front of a bunch of demons, then the gang, then demons again and then to top of she sings to the gang that she was happy where she was. She saw that look in their eyes and now she had sang to Spike and kissed. Yes she knew that technically she was carrying his child but in her mind she had kissed William and Spike he didn’t know that. She should have told him, hell he already knew pretty much everything else, but she didn’t want to see that gloating look he would get.

She stepped back from him and said “Um look it was the music, I got to go ok.” She looked up in time to see that flash of hurt that made her want to take it all back especially when it suddenly hardened and he said “Right, luv, just the music. Keep telling yourself that.” With that he swirled around and sped off leaving her gapping and wanting to run after him.

She hugged herself tight before walking back to face the music, just not literally this time.

Inside they were all huddled looking worried and concerned, Buffy sighed and moved towards them, not really shocked when they stopped talking. She gave them a hesitant smile and said “Can we not discuss this here? Tomorrow, I will tell you everything tomorrow.”
With that she turned around to go back home for some much needed rest. Tomorrow she would tell them about the baby growing inside of her. Tomorrow she would tell them about William and how happy she was. Maybe tomorrow she could finally work out what was going to happen.