Chapter 14

Buffy woke to the sound of a gasp and someone in tears. She opened her eyes to see Willow and Giles standing in front of her. She smiled and said “Hey”, Willow suddenly looked serious and said “Don’t hey me, you left to go have a baby and didn’t even tell any of us and then you were in a coma for a week. God we were all so worried.” Giles put a hand on willow’s shoulder and said “I think she means are you ok Buffy?” Buffy nodded and said “Yeah, although I would feel better when I can go.”

Giles nodded and said “Have they told you when you can leave, yet?” Buffy nodded and said “Yeah Toby and I leave early next week, probably Tuesday.” Willow said “Toby?” Buffy nodded and said “Yeah, William Tobias O’Conner, My son.” Willow smiled and said “That is cute but Toby?” Buffy shrugged and said “I always liked the name, don’t really know why, I thought it would be weird to call him William because of well William. So Toby.” Giles said “I think it is very handsome, when can we meet your son?” Buffy smiled and said “Not for another 3 of 4 days only Spike and I can see him at the moment”. Giles frowned and said “Yes about Spike.” Buffy shook her head and said “don’t start Giles please.”

Willow leaned forward and whispered something in his ear which Buffy heard. “Are you going to tell her?”. Buffy’s eyes narrowed and said “Tell me what?” Giles cleared his throat and said “Well Angel rang while you were in your coma.” Buffy nodded holding her breathe and motioned for him to continue. He smiled briefly and said “Well it seems that there is a portal you can go through to that dimension in 2 months and 3 weeks time, it opens at the hell mouth actually. You have to say some words but other wise the ritual is fairly simple.” Buffy’s mouth was open and trying to process these words. Willow smiled and said “See I told you we would work it out. Plus at least we can get to know Toby before you go.” Toward the end of the sentence her voice wavered but she took a deep breath and kept her smile trying to be strong.

Buffy couldn’t say anything but instead was looking at the door where she saw Spike standing looking a cross between angry and hurt. Buffy tried to get up but he was too quick and left in a huff. Willow smiled sympathetically and said “He’ll be ok buffy, he just got carried away with the idea that he had a baby.”

Buffy made an hmming noise and sat back on the bed and said “Can you tell Angel thankyou and that I am really grateful, and Giles thankyou.” He smiled and said “No matter what you may think Buffy, I do have your best interests at heart and if he makes you happy then go for it.