Chapter 19

Buffy was clutching a crying Dawn to her chest while Willow was trying to explain about Spike. She wasn’t quite getting through to her. At the moment all Buffy could think about was how the hell they were going to explain this to William, who didn’t know a thing about the supernatural.

Dawn was easy, she was nearly five but took information very easy and didn’t really question. She only knew that her mommy was back and that was all she needed.

Buffy shook her head and said “Ok so you’re telling me that William won’t come back?” Willow looked down and said “I think he might have changed a lot Buffy.” Buffy shook her head and said “Can’t we like be a B I T C H (Spelling it out instead of saying the word because of Dawn) and tell him that Dawn is in hospital or something.” Willow grimaced and said “I don’t know.”

The phone rang and Buffy watched as Willow picked up the phone and looked at her a little shocked before covering the phone and saying “Speaking of the devil.” She handed the phone to the now quiet Dawn and said “Daddy wants to say hello”.

Dawn took the phone: “Hey pet” “Hi Daddy” “How you been” “ I’m good Guess what” (Willow and Buffy start frantically trying to make her stop and try to take the phone of her ear making her giggle and run about) Aunty Willow and mummy are chasing me around the room (Giggle) but I am too fast.” Both Willow and Buffy froze waiting to see what would happen. “I think you’re confused, baby, Remember the conversation we had.” “Nuh Ahh, mummy is in front of me, she said that...” Willow snatched the phone and said “Hey Spike sorry about that, you know Dawn.” “Right, well just checking in, I’ll call again in a week. See ya luv.”

Willow put the phone down and said “So we’re going to tell him Dawn is sick huh?” Buffy shook her head and said “No he won’t come back for that, it will have to be serious to bring him back.” Willow nodded and said “So maybe she got hit by a car and is a coma that will bring him back.” Buffy smiled even though a tear came out and said “Yeah that would bring anyone back even if he has become different.” Willow nodded and said “It is a bit extreme, when did you want to do it?”

Buffy shrugged and looked once at Dawn before saying “Two days, gives me enough time to work out what to do. He is going to be pissed.” Willow nodded and said “Two days it is”.


## Two Days later ##

Willow watched as Buffy paced nervously in front of her as the phone rang and she prepared to become an actress.

Brring Brring
“Yeah” “William?” “Yeah, who’s this?” “It It’s Willow” “Willow, what’s wrong, is Dawn ok?” “Are you sitting down?” “What Wrong?” “There was an accident...” “Is she ok?” “She’s in a coma, we need you here Will.” “But she is going to be ok right?” (Willow bit her lip looking at Dawn sitting in Buffy’s arms staring at her baby brother.) “We don’t know, you need to come here.” “Yeah, I will be there tomorrow. And Will” “Yes” “Thanx”.

Willow hung up and said “God that sucked.” Buffy stop running her hand through Dawns hair and said “I don’t know how else to get him here, you know he won’t believe us over the phone.”

Willow sat down and said “Now what?” Buffy smiled and said “Now... We wait.”