Buffy had just put Dawn and Toby down to sleep when she headed down to the basement. She hesitated at the stairs before making up her mind and walking down.

He looked up when he heard her and contained his smirk instead motioning her to sit down. She sat and stared for a few seconds before saying “So”. He looked down and said “Yeah.”

Buffy gave a small laugh and then said “Your probably wondering why I am down here.” He gave a small nod but remained silent, so she continued “I wanted to know something that only you could give me answer to.” He looked up and said “What would that be, luv.” She bit her lip and said “Why do you think you love me?”
He gave a frustrated sigh and said “Don’t think it, pet, I know it.” She rolled her eyes and said “Fine why do you know you love me?” He sighed again before laying back on the bed and looking at the ceiling and said “I don’t know, I guess there is a part of me that knows you could never be mine but the rest of me doesn’t want to listen. I’m evil, pet, you know it; your friends know it, hell even I know it. I shouldn’t be in love with you but I am. The way you move, the way you talk hell even the way you think, it gets to me. It is like you wriggled your way into that spot where my heart was without even knowing it. Does that answer your question?”

She looked down again not really knowing what to say before turning towards him and saying “I’m going to have to make a choice aren’t I?”

He smiled sadly and said “You already know the answer to that one, slayer, you just need to be sure your ready.” She nodded and then turned away again before saying in a quiet voice “Can I stay here tonight?” His whole body went rigid and he said “You kicking me out of my bed?”

She looked at him wide eyed and said “No, I just could use some comfort, I’m scared Spike”. He looked at her in shock before raising his arms and letting her slide in beside him. She snuggled into his chest and whispered softly “Do you think we’ll make it?” Spike chuckled and said “There is a we now?” He sighed when he felt her stiffen and said “Yeah, Buffy I think we will, now go to sleep”.

Buffy bit her lip to stop herself from talking before letting her body succumb to the blackness.

It was the first night in a long time that they had slept peacefully.


Author note:

Thanks guys to everyone reading and to everyone reviewing, you all rock! Sorry about the shortness but next chapter will be up soon.