Buffy made it to her house in 5 minutes and she found him behind a bush with his eyes shut.
She fell to her knees and checked his pulse but found it very weak. She turned him over and his eyes opened slowly and he looked into her eyes. She felt the tears slide down her face as she noticed how pale he was. She said in a hushed voice “Don’t worry, I’ll get you to a hospital, you’ll be ok.” She got up to go when his arm stopped her and she went back in a kneeling position. He said in a strained voice “Too late, I’m sorry Buffy.” She held back a sob and said “No, it’s my fault, don’t say that.” He smiled through the pain and said “It’s ok, I know it’s nearly time.” Buffy face was now covered in tears and she said “No, it can’t be, you’ll be ok, you have to be, They, I need you.” He took a deep breathe and squeezed her hand and said “You already have me, Buffy, Spike is me.” Buffy shook her head and said “No your different, you’re my William” He gave a small laugh and said “No, pet, He is your William, not me, please promise me you will give him a chance?” Buffy nodded through his tears and he said “Tell them that I loved them, and Buffy I love you.” Buffy bit her lip to stop herself from screaming at him to not die as she saw him take his last breath. She fell on top of his chest and started crying and saying “Please don’t die, I need you, stay, please.”
She kept this up until an arm brought her off him and she felt herself being wrapped in a protective embrace. She looked up and saw those familiar blue eyes and she buried her head back into his chest letting herself give into his strength.




Author note: Aren’t I mean?