The plan to catch Angel went off without a hitch, Buffy had ignored his taunts about William and Buffy had focused all her attention on the Anger she was feeling. The fought, she came out with broken ribs and a bite mark on her neck but she also came out with a unconscious Angel. They had tied him up in the Basement, this time with reinforced locks and double the video cameras, determined not to let him escape again.
At the moment Willow was attempting a spell to find his soul while Buffy was lying next to Spike with his arm encircling her waist. Neither Buffy nor Spike were asleep instead they were talking or rather Spike was talking to Buffy about his past.
She was enjoying it a little too much but any time her mind starting trying to back out of this, she reminded herself of the speech that she had with William before he died.
She let her fingernails glide over his arm as he started talking about his mom. She smiled and turned her body to face him and said “You really loved her didn’t you?” He nodded and said “Yeah I did, am I boring you yet, luv?” She looked into his eyes and said “I like this, it almost feels like everything is normal, you know?” He nodded but then said “What is this, luv?” She looked down and said “I don’t know, I just I know that if I let myself, I could love you.” He smiled a real smile and said “Yeah?” Buffy smiled slightly and said “Yeah, and at least you can’t leave me because you can’t give me children, because hey already got two.” He chuckled and lifted his hand to play with her hair and said “That you do, so we’re?” She finished his sentence with “couplsim.” He nodded but said “I’m not complaining but why the sudden change, I just don’t want to feel like a substitute.” She shook her head and said “No, God no, I was already leaning toward you, William he told me something, He was from another dimension with another me but your from my dimension. Your not some substitute, he was. I think given a little more time I could love you Spike.” He smiled and said in a soft but sexy voice “Yeah?” She smiled and leaned in and kissed him softly and said “Yeah”.
Meanwhile downstairs Willow had performed her spell and successfully managed to locate the soul. Surprising everyone to find that it was taken by Cordelia (Think the series) who fled when discovered. They re ensouled Angel who fell to his knees in tears when he regained his memory. No one really had the heart to tell him about Spike and Buffy instead choosing to leave him be while they went about their business.
All in all everything seemed to work out. Buffy still got a William, albeit a much sexier and knowledgeable William. Toby and Dawn both lost a father but gained a father and gained a whole new family. And William well .......