Chapter 4

Spike arrived home to the smell of pizza he smiled and leaned against the dining room door reeling in the sight of his wife trying to get their child to eat the pizza less messily. It was still a shock to see them together and it took all his will power not to go to her and kiss her senseless, he wasn’t an idiot, he knew something had changed her and he wasn’t going to push. He smirked and said “You aren’t going to get her to eat normally, she’s only does it so she can have a bubble bath.”

Buffy looked at him and said “Why?” He smiled and said “First time I gave her pizza she had her first bubble bath, she thinks she will get one if she gets messy.” Buffy laughed and it was music to his ears, though he tried not to show it. Buffy turned back to the child who was munching happily on a tomato crust. She sighed and pushed her hair from her face and said “So how was work and what exactly is your work?” He came over and retrieved a face washer from a drawer and said “I’m a private detective and yeah it was alright.”
He wiped Dawn’s face with her putting her hands up and saying “Up Dada”. He shook his head and said “You just want to make me dirty nibblet don’t you?” Dawn nodded and said “Bubble ba” He smiled and said “You know I can’t resist that smile”. She then proceeded to give him her best toothy smile and then said “Mommy comes too?” Spike looked at Buffy who said “Um” He smiled and said “Course she is precious”. Dawn smiled and put her arms out and Buffy took her and looked down at her shirt and said “You just wanted us both dirty didn’t you?” Dawn nodded happily and said “Bubble ba!” Buffy shook her head and motioned for Spike to follow, which he happily did.”

With the bath run and Dawn sitting in it paying with a yellow bucket Buffy couldn’t but let her eyes wander to Spikes, comparing him to Dawn. He noticed but didn’t say anything instead he let himself wash Dawn’s hair and in the process get soap all over his clothes. Buffy mouth watered as she watched his t-shirt cling to him, showing that he worked out a lot. She idly wandered if it was wrong to suddenly want to take a bath with him, or maybe just rip his clothes off. She quickly averted eyes back to Dawn and picked up a wash cloth and washes her body down with the soap coming from her head. She smiled when she found a tickled spot and proceeded to tickle which only caused both her and Spike to get incredibly soapy.

Spike looked over a felt his mouth go dry as her shirt clung to her body, revealing to him all the curves he hadn’t seen in 2 years. He averted his gaze to prevent getting aroused and said “Ok nibblet I think it is time for you to go to bed.” Dawn as per usual pouted but let her self be dressed and put into bed.

Buffy went to their room and pulled some flannelette pajamas on and went downstairs and curled into the couch. Spike came down five minutes later in boxer shorts and a t-shirt and smiled at her and said “You want to watch a movie, pet?” She smiled and said “Sure what have you got?” He bent down in front of the television and said “Just tell me what you want and I can bet we have it.” She looked thoughtful and said “Something classic”. He nodded and put on the movie before going and sitting beside her. She snuggled into his side and started watching the movie.

Spike was in heaven and having a hard time not touching her in a way that would get him more aroused then he was. He had her head in his lap and was stretched on the couch and was playing with her hair, not really paying attention to the movie. He moved his hand and started running it up and down her back the way he remembered she loved. She sighed and started feeling her eyelids drop, the tell tale sign of sleep overcoming her. Within minutes she was fast asleep and had a smile on her face, the first time since before her mom died.



Buffy awoke once again with Spike next to her but for the life of her didn’t want to move. He was snuggled into her with one hand on her breast and the other draped around her back. She snuggled closer to him and knew it was only a matter of time before that alarm clock would ring sounding it was 6:30 am. She snuggled into his neck and kissed the sensitive skin there, figuring if they would be woken in 10 minutes she might as well wake him in a good way. She snaked her hand down to his pants not entirely shocked when she found nothing under his boxers. She stroked him slowly and felt him harden instantly and smiled against his skin when he murmured her name and instantly pushed his hips into her hands. She pulled back and started kissing his face and said in a quiet voice “Come one rise and shine, Work is to be done.” He lazily opened his eyes and said “You can’t just start something luv and tell me I have to go to work.” She smiled cheekily and said “Well I wanted to wake you and I for some reason remember you being hard to wake, so I just thought ( She slides her hand back down) that I might give you an incentive to wake up and go to work and then (Slides her hand back and forth earning her a moan) maybe you might come back early and we (Kisses him softly on the lips) could maybe get reacquainted.” She stops what she is doing and he looks at her with a pained expression and says “god luv, you couldn’t have made it harder to leave.” She looks thoughtful and says “Well I could have made it harder but I think you need to go to work and earn us some money.” He chuckles and draws her close and kisses softly reacquainting himself with her taste before pulling back slightly and resting his head on her forehead and said “God I missed you, pet.” She kissed him lightly and said “Missed you too.” He kisses her once more and says “I love you”. He gets up and grabs his clothes before going to the bathroom.

Buffy’s head was reeling; she had just felt Spike up and liked it. She wanted to do things with Spike and wasn’t feeling guilty about it. She had feeling for him and actually like him saying he loved her. It should feel wrong but it didn’t, maybe Willow was right, these were left over from the other Buffy.

She shook her head and went down stairs to make breakfast for a hungry two year old that any minute would come bounding down the stairs. She was really starting to like it here.