I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to feedback this. It means a lot ;o)


CHAPTER 7


“Hey bleached wonder! You’re not dancing?”

Spike raised his head and smiled at Xander. “I just did, with your aunt Edna. But she kept grabbing my ass so I pretended my feet hurt.”

“You must be indulgent with her…she’s been a widow for 15 years…she grabs every chance she gets, if you let her.”

Xander sat down next to Spike and took his glass. “Must be a change for you from the fancy Hollywood parties, huh?”

“Believe me, I wouldn’t trade my place here for ten Hollywood parties. They are boring and full of uninteresting people. But they are a necessary evil in the business, I guess.”

Spike’s attention was suddenly attracted by a clear laugh. Buffy was dancing a few feet away with Willow’s father. Her long blonde hair was cascading down her back and she was wearing a long deep blue satin gown with straps. Xander followed his gaze and put his hand on Spike’s shoulder. “Spike, buddy…you’re my best friend. But so is Buffy. If you hurt her, I’ll have to rip your throat out.”

“Don’t worry Xand, I’ll do it myself if it happens.”

And I should, he thought bitterly, because he knew he had hurt her already. And although he was doing his best to avoid any further involvement and complications, there was a force he couldn’t control that was always pushing him back to her. He had spent more time with Darla, and as a result he felt guilty, both towards Darla and Buffy. And to make matters worse, when he kissed Darla, he felt like he was cheating on Buffy, and not the other way around as it should be.

The situation was slowly but surely becoming inextricable.

He couldn’t break up with Darla. But could he marry her while being madly in love with another woman? That would be highly unfair for the young actress. No, he had to talk to her…she was in Canada for two weeks, but when she got back he would talk to her.

Of course there was also the issue of Rupert’s reaction, as well as the fact that he had lie to thousands of people by pretending the pictures of Buffy and him were false…

He pinched his nose, feeling a headache coming on. Buffy had stopped dancing and was chatting with another bridesmaid. God, he needed to touch her, to feel her soft skin under his hands, her hot mouth under his lips…

He got up and went to invite Willow to dance.

“You look beautiful, Red,” he told her with a tender smile while taking her to the dance floor. To think she was barely 9 when he had met her…it felt weird to see her in her wedding dress. But he was sincere, she looked amazing.

She blushed. “Thank you. You look great too. I don’t often see you in a tux…except on E! at those premiere parties,” she added jokingly.

“He’d better make you happy,” Spike said, gesturing to Xander, “Or I’ll come kick his ass.”

Willow giggled. “Don’t worry. I’ll do it myself if he doesn’t treat me right! But he’s great. And I’m tremendously happy.” Her face became serious. “You, on the other hand…”

He sighed. “I know. I’m sorry. It’s…things are getting a little bit out of control.”

“So I noticed. Spike, please…try to control them before she gets hurt too bad.”

He closed his eyes for a second. “Willow, do you think I want to hurt her? It tears my heart out every time I see her. I’m trying to find a bloody solution, but whatever option I choose, it won’t be pretty. Someone will get hurt. That’s inevitable. I don’t give a damn about me, but Buffy and Darla…they don’t deserve the shit I put them through. Sorry about my language, pet.”

She smiled. “It’s ok. I know you love Buffy, and that you care a lot about Darla. I also know it’s a complicated situation. But you’ll have to make a choice.” She rolled her eyes. “Ugh, could I sound any more patronizing? And I guess this is all a big duh! To you…what I just said.”

He kissed her. “Thank you, Willow,” he simply said.

The song came to an end.

“You should ask Buffy to dance,” Willow suggested. “You haven’t asked her yet.”

“I didn’t want to put her under any scrutinizing gazes.”

“Well it will be weird if you avoid each other all night. And I think Buffy can handle some stares. Go ask her to dance.”

“I will. And I know I just said it, but thank you. If there’s anything I can do…”

“Spike, stop it. Buffy and you are my friends. I want to see you happy. And at the moment you are not, so neither am I. I mean, I’m happy because this is my wedding day and the most wonderful day of my life, but I’m not happy to see my friends unhappy.” She smiled wickedly. “Now, if you really want to do something to thank me…did you by any chance ever meet that cute guitarist from Dingoes Ate My Baby?”

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§


When Spike took Buffy’s hand and led her on the dance floor, they attracted a lot of stares.

Mostly curious or envious ones, because they made such a beautiful couple. And also because as much as they wanted to hide it, the love they had for each other was radiating from their eyes. And it was definitely not the platonic kind. You could almost see the electricity crackling above their heads.

Buffy repressed a sob when she slipped into Spike’s arm. He had arrived early this morning and they had barely had the time to talk during the day. She had been busy with her bridesmaid duties, and she suspected that Spike had stayed away to spare her the same curious looks they were receiving now.

But now she needed to be near him, to touch him. And she didn’t care if people were looking at them.

She pressed herself against his body and felt the evidence of his desire for her. He raised an eyebrow and she blushed. The pressure of his hand on her back tightened slightly and he felt a shiver running down her spine. She raised her face to look at him while he lowered his. Their lips were mere inches from each other.

She fixed her eyes on his. “If I don’t kiss you now, I’ll die,” she whispered.
They were both breathing rapidly. For one crazy moment he was tempted to kiss her there, in front of everyone. And that would probably be the safest option for them both. Because if they escaped and found themselves alone in a room…

“Let’s get the hell out of here.”

At the end of the dance, she left first. The wedding was taking place at Xander’s uncle’s house, and the wedding party was hosted outside.

Spike waited a few minutes before sneaking off discreetly.

He found her upstairs, in the dark hallway. He took her hand and opened the door to what seemed to be a little salon.

The door was barely closed when she literally jumped on him. He took her mouth in a kiss so hungry, a moan rose from her throat. His hands were everywhere, cupping her bottom through the satin of her dress, pressing her against that part of him that throbbed between them.

She arched her head back, giving access to his devouring lips. “Oh Spike…Oh God, yes…”

Locked passionately together, they kissed each other with a feverish intensity for several long moments, all the love repressed deep inside them only deepening their need for close contact.

His hand fumbled with her long skirt, raising it, finding their way to the soft velvet of her thighs. He knew he had reached his goal when he heard her gasp in pleasure.

“Buffy….” He whispered against her skin in a raspy voice. “I need you so much…”

“I’m all yours, Spike…all yours.”

Locking her gaze with his, she slipped her hand between them to unzip his pants and when she touched him, he growled against her throat, sending delicious shivers through her whole body.

Buffy had often imagined her first time with Spike, and it had always included a nice comfy bed, candles, soft music and lots of foreplay. Not this primitive, passionate coupling against the wall of a stranger’s house.

But now she wouldn’t have it any other way.

She wrapped her legs around him and guided him to her entrance. He buried himself in her softness, reaching deep. “You’re so hot,” he breathed, and when he saw her eyes widen and her mouth open he captured her cry with his mouth.

Once again they gazed at each other, stunned by the pleasure that was already engulfing them. Then Spike moved, thrusting deeply, urgently into her again and again. Buffy was lost in bliss, meeting every thrust, soft moans of ecstasy coming from deep in her throat every time his shaft drove into her.

He suddenly felt her inner walls tighten around him before waves of exquisite pleasure exploded through her body. He found his release a few seconds after her.

Still holding her, he laid her down on the nearby couch, not breaking their embrace. Savoring the aftermaths of her orgasm, Buffy welcomed the warm, heavy weight of Spike’s body, his mouth now gently nuzzling her neck and collarbone. She enjoyed it, knowing that at that moment he was totally hers.

He raised his head. “Are you ok?”

She smiled – the smile of a very satisfied woman. “Never been better,” she replied huskily.

Spike waited for the first wave of guilt to crash, but it never did. He had never felt so happy in his entire life. Once again his mouth found hers, now taking the time to kiss her slowly. He just couldn’t get enough of it.

“We should go back,” she finally said, caressing his cheek. She knew they needed to have a conversation. Most of all, she needed to know where they were going from here. But she didn’t want to bring that up now, and certainly not throw the name of Darla into their unexpected intimacy.

He got up reluctantly, adjusting himself, before helping her find her panties – he had ripped them out during their quick and intense lovemaking.

“If Willow knew what I just did at her wedding party, she would have my head.”

“And if Xander finds out, he’ll have my head. At least we’ll die together.”

“That’s really romantic,” she chuckled, before smoothing her dress with her hands and checking her hair. “Ok. I’m ready.”

“You go back first. I’ll join you in a few minutes.”

“Do you really think people didn’t notice our absence?”

He shrugged. “Most of them are probably sloshed or busy with their own hunnies…does it really matter?”

She smiled and prepared to leave but he held her back, placing a last tender kiss on her mouth.

And he didn’t want to say it, not as long as things were not clear and certain, but he couldn’t help himself.

“I love you.”

He whole face brightened. “I love you too.”

“Now go.”

He opened the door and checked the corridor before ushering her out and closing the door behind her. He leaned against it and closed his eyes, waiting for his heartbeat to regain a steady rhythm.

They had crossed the line. There was no way back now. And it had never felt so good.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§


Hidden behind the corner in the corridor, Riley watched Buffy leave the room. He knew Spike was still inside, and the noise he had heard a few minutes ago were a pretty clear giveaway to what had occurred in it.

That filthy whore. He wouldn’t let her humiliate him like that. He had warned her, but she wouldn’t listen.

Just like Tara.

And like Tara, she would pay.

Silently, he made his way out before anyone could see him.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§


Spike followed Buffy silently inside their house, locking the front door behind them.

They had been the last to leave, staying with Xander and Willow the rest of the night. And the newlyweds were apparently oblivious to what had happened between their best friends. Then again, they had been oblivious to everything except themselves.

Buffy climbed the first two steps of the stairs before turning back to him. She didn’t have anything to lose after all.

“Can I sleep with you?” she whispered. She wasn’t pleading. It was just the request of a woman who didn’t want to be separated from the man she loved and with whom she had just shared intense moments for the first time.

Spike smiled. How could he refuse her? He was as helpless as she was. And he was already lost in the green depths of her eyes.

He switched off the lights, took her hand and led the way.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Bath, England

“Oh, Rupert, look. They have some American magazines there.”

Jenny pulled Giles to a newsstand nearby. “It’s mostly tabloids, honey.”

She shrugged. “Yeah, well, I want some news from home, even if it’s trashy gossip.”

He smiled. “You can have news from home by watching CNN, dear.”

She gave him a glare before heading to the newsstand to make her choice.
Chuckling, Giles followed her and waited patiently.

Then he heard her squeal.