Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Review. I love reviews. Also, I couldn't think of a name for this chapter, so if you can think of one please tell me.
Buffy and Giles looked at Spike with a mixture of emotions: disbelief, curiosity, humor, and pity.

“Could one of you bloody well say something? Or at least help me so I can get some of that blood.” Spike said getting irritated with the situation. Giles gave in and walked over to Spike and helped him sit up. He gave Spike the mug of blood and watched while he drank the rich liquid in one gulp. Spike immediately felt better. “Thanks, Rupes. I’ve been feeding on rat since I’ve been trying to get back here.”

“Why should we believe you?” Buffy asked, moving to stand in front of him.

“Why else would I be here? If I had wanted to kill you and the watcher here I would have already done it.” Spike said.

“He has a point. But I want to know is, what do you think we can do for you?” Giles said going into watcher mode.

“I was hoping you could find out what kind of spell she did?” he said trying to ignore the looks of disbelief coming from Buffy.

“What makes you think you have your soul back?” Buffy asked.

“Because I’ve been reliving every fucking thing that I’ve done in the past. I hurt when I think about it and it makes me sick. It still get memories and the pain, but it eased up a few weeks ago. That’s when I headed here.”

“Oh, poor Spikey. Feeling sorry for himself. And now he needs our help.” Buffy said.

He looked at Buffy for a few moments. “Why do you have to be such a bitch all the time? That’s the last thing I need right now. I just need some help.” He looked at Giles and continued to speak. “Will you help me, watcher? Seems like the Slayer here’s not so happy about the thought.”

Giles looked from Spike to Buffy, who was glaring at Spike. “I’ll help you. But I want you to do something us.” Giles said.

///////////////////////

Buffy strolled through the streets of town, later that night, headed toward one of the many cemeteries she patrolled in. When she reached the entrance to the cemetery, she stopped. She stood there for a few minutes with her eyes closed, opening her senses, trying to sense any new vampires.

“Damn it, slayer. Could you’ve walked any faster. If I didn’t know better, I would think you were trying to get away from me.” Spike said walking up behind her.

“Why the hell did you follow me? Couldn’t you just go home.” Buffy said whipping around to face Spike.

“Sorry, pet. Rupes and I had a deal. I help with patrolling, he helps me. Trust me, it’s not because of your glorious attitude toward me.” he said walking past her and through the gates of the graveyard.

“Look, Spike. Just stay out of my way. I don’t want you to get me killed ‘cause your obligated to ‘help’.” Buffy said running to catch up with him.

Spike stopped and turned toward her. “Oh, get off your high horse. You know your going to need my help once your little ‘fundraiser’ starts.” Buffy’s head jerked up, her eyes wide. Spike smirked at the shocked look on her face. “Didn’t think I knew about that did you? Rupes told me all about it, while you went home to change. Your little team of friends is broke, and you’re putting on a show to get some. I must say. I never thought that I would ever stay around long enough to see you make that big of an ass out of yourself.”

“Fuck off. I don’t know why Giles agreed to help you. You’re a pain in the ass.” she said staring him down. Suddenly she saw movement over his shoulder. “Thank God.”

“What?” he asked.

“Behind you. Vampires.” Buffy said pushing past Spike to get to the group of vamps. The group stood there looking at Spike and Buffy.

“Slayer.” the group said in unison.

Buffy and Spike looked at each other and smiled, suddenly a team in the soon to be fight. Buffy laughed and turned back to the group. “Wow, did you practice that or do you guys share only one brain?”

With that the group launched themselves at the blonds. The first vamp that attacked Buffy didn’t’ even get the chance to fight before being staked. The second vamp put up more of a fight. Buffy was able get a few punches in before he got the upper hand. Spike, for the first time in a long time, was having fun. He hadn’t been in a fight for the last few months. He had already dusted two of the vamps and was working on his third. Spike finally found an opening and staked the vamp. At the same time Buffy landed on the ground. She grabbed the stake that had fallen from her hand earlier and put between herself and the not-so-smart vamp that threw itself onto her, effectively dusting itself. Spike walked over and offered her a hand up. She stood and smiled at him before she could stop herself.

“Good fight, Slayer.” Spike said.

“Not so bad yourself.” Buffy said. Buffy stared at him for a moment before sighing. “Look, Spike. You were right. I will need your help. I still don’t like you, but right now, I’m not hating you either.” Buffy said as she held out her hand. “Truce.”

Spike looked from her hand to her face and held eye contact with her as he accepted her hand.

“Truce.” he said with a smile. “Ready to find some more vamps.”

“Definitely.”

Buffy and Spike continued to walk in comfortable silence. Spike was the first to finally speak.

“So, watcher, says your putting on a show.” he said.

Buffy looked at him. “Yeah. What about it?” she said defensively.

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to make fun, pet. I just wanted to know what show you’re going to put on?” he said.

“Guys and Dolls.” she said looking around.

“Wow. That’s a great musical.” he said.

“You watch musicals?” Buffy said in a disbelieving tone.

“When you spend all day indoors, you have to find something to watch. So, yes, I watch musicals. Seen it on Broadway a couple of times too.” Spike said.

“Wow, really. That’s so cool.” Buffy said. “Willows going to be our director, since she doesn’t like to act. She gets to handle auditions and stuff.”

“So, what part are you going to play, pet?” Spike asked.

“Sarah.” Buffy said simply.

“Wow. I kinda had you pegged as Adelaide.” Spike said.

“Oh, and why’s that?” she asked.

“Well, you are kinda a dits.” Spike said.

Buffy stopped and stared at Spike for a moment before speaking. “Have you ever been in a musical?”

Spike stopped as well and looked at her, wondering why she hadn’t been offended by his comment. “No, the idea doesn’t appeal to me.” he shrugged.

“Oh. Look I think we should get back to Giles’s.” she said as she started to walk in that direction. Spike followed her, not speaking again.

///////////////////////

Buffy entered Giles’s apartment without knocking, Spike following her in.

“Buffy, I’m glad you’re here. Cordy showed up earlier.” Giles said motioning toward Cordelia.

“As I can see. But what are Angel and Wesley doing here.” Buffy asked.

“Giles asked us to come as well.” Wesley answered.

“Oh. Well, I’m glad you could come.” Buffy said without any emotion.
“Now I have a question.” Angel said. “What the hell is he doing here?” he asked pointing at Spike.

“Hello to you too, Peaches.” Spike said sarcastically. “And the reason I’m here, is because Rupes agreed to help me. Seems your not the only one around with a soul now.” he said with a smile knowing how much Angel was going to hate this.

“Bullshit.” Angel said.

“‘fraid it’s true.” Spike said sitting down on the stairs.

“How?” Angel asked.

“You’re favorite childe, Drucilla.” Spike spat out.

Angel stood there for a few minutes before turning to Giles. “I’ll still help.”

“You’re going to help. What? Are you going to be in the show?” Buffy said laughing a little.

“Actually, he is. As is Wesley and Cordy.” Giles said.

“Oh, that’s a bloody riot.” Spike said laughing loudly.

Buffy turned and scowled at him, before turning back to Giles with a smile. “Giles, Spike said earlier that he wanted to help.” she said. “I think he should be in the show too.” Spike immediately stopped laughing.

“Oh, bloody hell.”


A/N: Please Review. Pretty Please.