Disclaimer: I do not own any of the dialogue or song lyrics written. All are taken from 'Guys and Dolls'.

A/N: The dotted lines are where scenes begin and end. Double plus signs are when songs begin and end. Please tell me if it's hard to understand, and I'll change the format.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Attention!!!

Rosenberg Theater Group, in conjunction with Angel Theater Group, are holding auditions for a ‘Guys and Dolls’ being shown in Sunnydale. Both men and women will be needed. Acting, dancing, and singing are recommended but not required. Auditions will be held at the Magic Box on Wednesday, from noon to 8 pm. Please call 555-8733 if you have any questions. Thank you.

///////////////////////

Buffy, Willow and Giles sat in the Magic Box talking about the people that auditioned earlier that day. Luckily, most of the people that had come to audition had either acting or singing experience.

“Can you believe that Jonathan showed? I always thought that he was so shy, then he comes in and he can really act. He could be a really good Benny Southstreet. What do you think?” Willow rambled.

“Sounds good. I still can’t believe that Angel actually wants to be in the musical. I hope he can pull off playing Nathan.” Buffy said.

“Well, Nathan doesn’t really have to have a great voice, he just has to be able to act.” Giles said not really sure why he was defending Angel.

“Giles, you really surprised me. I didn’t know you could play the piano.” Buffy said nodding toward the piano that sat next to the wall.

“That’s a hidden talent. I’ve been playing since I was five. It’s good for us, because we don’t have to pay someone to come in and play the songs for us.” Giles said.

Just then they heard someone walk through the door. A sandy blond boy in khakis and a blue plaid shirt walked through the door and looked around.

“Is this where I audition?” he asked.

“Yes.” Willow said standing and holding her hand out. “My name’s Willow Rosenberg and you would be?” she asked politely.

“Riley. Riley Finn.” he said shaking her hand.

“Cool. Do you have any experience?” Willow asked going into director mode.

“I’ve acted a little bit. I was in ‘Death of a Salesman’ once. I thought that this would be fun to do.” he said staring at Buffy.

“Well, why don’t you read for us. Buffy, here, is going to be Sarah. All the men that have come in have been reading for Sky, so you’ll read for Sky as well.” Willow said handing Riley a script that was marked. “Have you seen this musical before?” she asked.

“Yeah, it’s my favorite.” he said with a smile.

“There’s a song at the end of the of the scene that you’ll sing with Buffy as well. You should know it. Giles will play for you.” Willow said.

“Great.” he said looking at his script and reading through it. “Okay, I’m ready.” he said. Buffy stood and walked to stand next to him.

As soon as she said her first line she was on autopilot. She listened to him read his lines. ‘I thought he said he could act. Doesn’t he know that he’s supposed to be cool not all uptight. He sucks.’ she thought as she read. ‘I can’t wait to hear him sing.’

Buffy gradually got more irritated with the man that was auditioning next to her. As soon as he started to sing Buffy made a face at Willow.

“Thank you.” Willow yelled over the piano and Riley’s screeching. “We’ll let you know. Just fill out this form and we’ll give you a call.”

“Buffy, can I talk to you for a minute?” Riley said grabbing the paper to fill out. Buffy nodded and followed him over to the counter. “I was wondering if you’d want to go out some time?” he asked shyly.

“Oh, Riley, I don’t think so. I’m not dating right now.” Buffy said looking around for a way out of the conversation.

Riley wasn’t going to give up. “How ‘bout coffee?” he asked.

“Let me think about it. I’ll give you a call if I want to, okay?” she said making eye contact with Willow hoping she would save her. “Look, Willow needs my help. See ya around.” she said walking back over to Willow.

Riley finished filling out his information form and handed it to Willow and left without another word.

“God, I didn’t think he’d ever leave. He actually asked me out.” Buffy said resting her forehead against the table. “And he was horrible. I think he’s the worst we’ve seen today.” Buffy added.

“I know. I don’t know who lied to him, but I think we need to find them and hurt them. Badly.” Willow said.

“Too bad he didn’t make your ears bleed, pet.” Spike said standing at the basement door. “Then he would’ve been a demon and you could’ve killed him. That would’ve one hell of an audition.” he said walking into the store.

“Spike, what are you doing here? And how, exactly, did you get here?” Buffy said smiling at the Spike’s joke.

“I’m here to audition for the musical that I was forced to do. And I traveled through the sewers and came through the basement.” he said hopping up on the counter. “So, what do I have to do to audition?” he said looking at Willow.

“Well, since you’re here, I guess you can read and sing for us.” she said handing him a script.

He looked at it for a few moments before handing it back to Willow. “Okay, where do you want me?”


“Um, don’t you need the script.?” Willow said looking confused.

“Nope, got it all memorized. So where do I stand?” he asked again.

“Next to Buffy. You’ll do the scene together and the song.” she said nodding her head toward Buffy who was getting up to begin. “Buffy, start whenever you’re ready.”

==================================================

Buffy: I now realize, Mr. Gambler, when you were describing the blackness of your heart, you didn’t do yourself justice.

Spike: And I now realize, Sister Sarah, that no matter how beautiful a Sergeant is, she’s still a Sergeant.

Buffy: Please go away.

Spike: Why don’t you change your pitch, Sarge - Come to the Mission one and all, except Guys. I hate Guys.

Buffy: I don’t hate anybody.

Spike: Except me. I am relieved to know that it’s just me personally and not all guys in general. It is nice to know that somewhere in the world there’s a guy who might appeal to the Sergeant. I wonder what this guy will be like?

Buffy: He will not be a gambler.

Spike: I am not interested in what he will not be - I am interested in what he will be.

Buffy: Don’t worry. I’ll know -
++For I've imagined every bit of him
To the strong moral fiber to the wisdom in his head
To the home-y aroma of his pipe.++

Spike: ++You have wished yourself a Scarsdale Galahad
The breakfast-eating, Brooks-brothers type.++

Buffy: ++Yes, and I shall meet him when the time is right.++

Spike: You've got the guy all figured out.

Buffy: I have.

Spike: Including what he smokes. All figured out, huh?

Buffy: All figured out.
++I'll know when my love comes along
I won't take a change.
I'll know he'll be just what I need
Not some fly-by-night Broadway romance.
And you'll know at a glance by the two-pair of pants.
I'll know by the calm steady voice
Those feet on the ground.
I'll know as I run to his arms
That at last I've come home safe and sound.
Until then, I shall wait.
Until then, I'll be strong.
Oh, I'll know, when my love comes along.++

Spike: No, no, no! You are talking about love! You can't dope it like that. What
are you picking, a guy or a horse?

Buffy: I wouldn't expect a gambler to understand.

Spike: Would you like to hear how a gambler feels about the big heart throb?

Buffy: No!

Spike: Well, I'll tell you.
++Mine will come as a surprise to me.
Mine I lead to chance and chemistry.++

Buffy: Chemistry?

Spike: Yeah, chemistry.
++Suddenly I'll know when my love comes along
I'll know then and there
I'll know at the sight of her face
How I care, how I care, how I care
And I'll stop. And I'll stare.
And I'll know long before we can speak
I'll know in my heart.
I'll know and I won't ever ask
Am I right, am I wise, am I smart. And I'll stop. And I'll stare.
At that face. In the throng.
Yes, I'll know when my love comes along ++

Buffy: ++I'll know++

Both: ++When my love comes along.++

==================================================

Buffy and Spike hadn’t noticed that Giles had stopped playing the piano so he could watch them. The lines and lyrics seemed to come natural from them. Throughout the song they had gotten closer to each other. As soon as Buffy had finished singing her last note, Spike knew exactly what to do. He reached his had out and caressed her cheek. He slowly leaned down and kissed her. It was meant to be a stage kiss, but as soon as their lips met, they both wanted more. Spike pulled back realizing that they were still supposed to be acting. He turned around and walked away a little. Buffy suddenly became aware of her surroundings. She slowly walked toward Spike.

==================================================

SLAP!!!!!!!!!

Spike: I’ll drop in again in case you want to take a crack at the other cheek.

==================================================

Buffy and Spike stared at each other. Suddenly they heard clapping. They turned around to see Willow and Giles clapping. Willow moved toward the two blonds.

“I think we just found ourselves a Sky.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Please Review. Pretty Please.