Author's Chapter Notes:
I rewrote a small part of this chapter. I continued to reread this chapter and decided to change something. Please tell me what you think.
“What?! No. I don’t want a lead.” Spike said surprised that they would trust him with a role like that.

“Spike, I’m the director of this show and I get to choose who gets to do what. You obviously have the script memorized. And you were great just now.”

“Really?” he said looking down at the ground shyly as he scratched the back of his neck. “Um..well..I guess. I just didn’t think that you’d give met that big of a responsibility, Red.” He turned to look at Giles. “Do you think this is a good idea, Rupes?”
“I agree with whatever decision Willow makes. And I, personally, think that she made a good decision just now.” Giles said walking over and giving Spike a hand shake.

Spike turned and looked at Buffy. “Buffy, do you think we can hold that truce long enough to get this little show done?”

Buffy didn’t answer him. She was in a daze. ‘God, that kiss. It was just a peck but the electricity I felt with him. Damn. But... I can’t feel anything with him. He’s a vampire... But, Angel’s a vampire and I loved him, but he had a soul... But, Spike has a soul now, too. He probably doesn’t feel anything for me anyway.’

“Buffy, pet?” Spike said waving a hand in front of her face.

“Huh?” she said finally snapping out of her daze.

“Do you think we can get along for this show?” he said.

“Um..yeah. I think we can manage that.” Buffy said looking at everyone in the room and smiling.

“Great. Cause our only other choice was Riley.” Willow said sitting back down in the chair she had occupied earlier.

“If I never see him again I’d be a very happy woman.” Buffy said trying to block out the memory of the boys attempt at singing.

“I know something else that would make you a very happy woman.” Buffy heard from behind her. She turned around to see Spike standing right behind her. Apparently nobody else in the store had heard him, except her. Buffy looked up at the man standing before her. They locked eyes and neither could turn away.

“Buffy, I think were all done here.” Giles said walking behind the stores counter. “You can go home now if you’d like.”

“Okay, I think that’s a good idea.” Buffy said never tearing her eyes away from Spike’s. Finally she turned to face Giles. “I’ll see ya tomorrow.” Then she went over to Willow and gave her a hug. “You did good today, Wills. I call ya later.” Buffy opened the door and looked at Spike once again before walking out and closing the door behind her.

///////////////////////

“Feelings. Woah, Woah. Feelings.” Buffy sang as she walked through the graveyard later that night.

“I hope you’re not trying sneak upon any of the nasties out here, pet.” Spike said stepping out from behind a tree. “They’ll definitely hear you coming from a mile away.”

“Was I singing? I didn’t even realize it.” Buffy said looking down at the ground embarrassed. She had thought about their kiss since she left the store.

“Yeah, pet. That might not be the smartest thing to do. Mind if I join you?” he asked walking to stand next to her.

“Sure, Spike. We’re going to have to get along, so we might as well start with patrolling.” Buffy said as she started to walk. “This whole situation is strange, ya know. I mean, how do we go from mortal enemies one day and patrol buddies the next?”

“Well, pet. Apparently Dru thought that’s what was supposed to happen.”

“What do ya mean?” she asked stopping and leaning on a tombstone.

“She told me a long time ago that we wouldn’t be together forever. That something would change in me and I would join the light. Before she cursed me, she said it was time. Now I know what she meant. That’s the conclusion I came to earlier today.” Spike explained.

“Good conclusion. God, this is the last cemetery tonight and I haven’t slayed one vamp. I think I’m just going to go home.” she said starting to walk home. She stopped and turned toward him. “Would you like to come and have some tea or something?” she asked.

“Um.. sure.” he said as they started walking toward her house. After a while, Spike spoke again. “So why were you so shocked to see Peaches the other night? I thought I’d never see you two apart again.”

“He moved to LA after we blew up the school. Said it was for the best. I think I should’ve been the one to move to LA since I miss it every once in a while.” Buffy said letting them into her house.

“Miss it?” Spike asked confused.

“Yeah. That’s where I lived when I became the Slayer. Tea? Coffee?” she asked looking in the cabinets.

Spike situated himself onto one of the stools that sat at the kitchen island. “Tea’s fine. Why’d you move to good, ole Sunnydale then?”

“Got kicked out of my old high school. After Merrick convinced me that I was the Slayer, I didn’t do so well in classes. Then Lothos goes and attacks me at the Spring Formal. He had this whole thrall thing that he used on me.” Buffy explained while boiling water for their tea.

“Pet, you’re going to have to explain some things to me. Who was Merrick? And you got kicked out of school because you didn’t do well in classes? I don’t believe that’s the only reason.”

“Okay, not the only reason. My first watcher, Merrick, killed himself so Lothos, the vamp that was after me at that time, couldn't find out my identity. I got really sad and kinda rebelled. I decided I was going to go to my dance no matter what. I was supposed to go with my boyfriend, but he ended up taking one of my friend instead. Anyways, vamps took over the dance while I went and found Lothos. He used his thrall on me but I fought that off. We ended up having a huge fight in the middle of the gym where the dance was being held. I ended up burning down the gym and they kicked me out.” Buffy told her story while fixing their tea.

“Damn, Slayer, history repeated itself, didn’t it.” Spike said smiling.

“More than you know.” she said sitting a mug in front of him.

“Meaning?” Spike asked.

“Let me go change and I’ll explain when I get back.” Buffy said walking out of the kitchen.

‘What the hell am I supposed to do. I already think about her all the time and now I’ll be with her every hour of every day. Doesn’t matter, she could never like anyone like me.’ Spike thought as he sat there staring at his tea.

“You just gonna stare at your tea or are you going to drink it?” Buffy said walking into the kitchen and sitting across from him.

Spike looked up and smiled. “Just thinking, pet. So, what did you mean when you said ‘more than you know’.”

“Jeff, my first boyfriend, completely changed after I fooled around with him.” Buffy said.

“Wait, Angel wasn’t your first?” Spike said surprised.

“That’s not what I meant. I never went all the way with Jeff, but that was definitely the next step. Angel knew that. I think that’s why he was so mean after he changed. Anyways, I had to rely on someone else to help me fight.”

“Who?” Spike asked suddenly wanting to know everything about her past.

“A guy I met before I was the slayer. Me and some of my friends were at the movie theater and him and his friend were sitting behind us. God, he was such a jerk at first. Then I saw him at a club, where he expressed his hatred for me. After I became the Slayer, I saved him from a pack of vamps. He came home with me and stayed up the rest of the night. He turned out to be really cool. He followed me when I went to fight. He tried to convince me to continue to slay after Merrick was killed. He came to the dance when he wasn’t even in school anymore. We went out until I moved to Sunnydale. I talk to him every once in a while.”

“And this older, ex-boyfriend’s name would be?”

“Um, well his name was Oliver, but he never went by that name. Everyone called him...um...” Buffy looked down at her mug at the thought of mentioning the nickname. She realized just how much Spike was like her ex.

"Come on, pet. What's this nickname? Can't be as bad as Oliver."

“Well, everyone called him Pike.” she whispered.

‘Pike!! Holy shit. Her history really is repeating itself. Maybe I do have a chance. I should make a move. Move slow. Don’t freak her out.’ Spike thought.

“Pike. I like it. Different. And Jeff sounds like a poof.” Spike said taking his mug to a sink. He turned around and leaned against the counter. “Look Buffy. I think I’ll leave and let you rest. Thanks for the tea, pet.” Spike leaned down and gave her a kiss on her cheek. “I’ll see you tomorrow at the shop.” he whispered in her ear before pulling back and leaving out the back door without another word.

“Shit!! What the hell is going on with me?” Buffy shouted into the empty kitchen.

Spike who was still standing outside, just smiled.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: Please review. Pretty Please.