Buffy Anne Summers was upstairs in her L.A bedroom hearing her parents fight ......again.

'They're at it again' she said softly to herself.

"Buffy, Dinner!" her mom yelled from downstairs.

As she entered the kitchen she noticed the anger between her parents as if it wasn't normal lately. All through dinner there was awkward silence until Joyce spoke up.

"Buffy, Honey, your father and I have something to tell you. It's very important that you know that it has nothing to do with you, and that you didn't do anything wrong."

"Yes, that's right," Hank interrupted "And none of this is your fault."

"As I was saying," Joyce glared at Hank. "But your father and I have decided that we're going to get a..."

"Divorce?" Buffy interrupted before Joyce could finish.

"Yes, how... How did you-"

"Know?" Buffy interrupted again.
"Well, it's not like I didn't notice all the constant fighting, and I do watch T.V like a normal person. With the way the speech was going what other way could it end? It was like watching the latest Soap Opera."

"Well, how do you feel Buffy? You do understand that it's not your fault right?"

Buffy sighed lightly.

"Yes mom, none of this is my fault, you and dad just aren't happy as you used to be, and you can't live together anymore. See, told ya, just like T.V."

"Well, Buffy, I must say that you're handling this better than I thought you would."

"Just trying to make things easier. I knew this was coming, I have already started dealing, and now I've accepted it."

"Well that's good," Joyce said as she took a sip of her water.

Buffy glanced over at her father, who hadn't said anything in a while. Hank looked over at Buffy and prepared to say something after chewing.

"Soap Opera?"

"What?" Buffy looked at him confused.

"Yea, you just made a comment about this being taken right out of a soap opera, what does our divorce have to do with a damn soap opera?"

Buffy finished chewing her food and said.

"Well...on a soap opera some one's always getting married, divorced, returning from the dead, and getting knocked up."

Hank stared at her for a second.

"Point taken," he said.

Two weeks later

Hanks had gone to work, and it was now 3 P.M. Joyce was at home and Buffy was just getting home from school. She walked in the front door and Joyce was sitting on the couch waiting for her.

"Buffy."

Buffy entered the living room.

"Yea?"

"Come sit, there's something I need to discuss with you."

Buffy sat down on the couch next to her mother.

"What's up?"

"Your father and I have decided that you will be living with me once the divorce is final."

Buffy took a deep breath and let it out again, and thought about this for a moment.

"O.K, sure, that's fine."

Buffy got up and headed for her room, but before she could get very far Joyce stopped her.

"Buffy, wait, there's something else."

"What?"

"Well, I have decided that I want to start fresh, in a new house, in a new town and I'm going to be running my own business."

"A new town?" Buffy said heavily.

"Buffy, are you ok with this?"

"Where?"

"Where?" Joyce was a little confused for a second.

"Oh you mean...." She stopped for a moment

"Sunnydale." She said with a big smile.

"Sunnydale? Where the hell is that?"

"Buffy, watch your mouth."

"Sorry."

"Sunnydale is in California."

"California?"

Buffy thought for a moment

"Cool," she said.

"Yes I know, I have already registered you at Sunnydale High!"

"What!?...When are we going?"

"In one week, Buffy is something wrong?"

"A week, mom, why can't I just finish the semester here?"

"Why, Buffy, what's the big deal?"

Joyce walked into the kitchen and Buffy followed. "The Big deal is that when people transfer to a new school in the middle of a semester there chances of being popular are just there little fantasy."

"Oh Buffy, don't be silly, you'll be fine and you'll make lots of friends."

Buffy sighed and stormed off to her bedroom. Joyce yelled after her.

"You'd better start packing!"

Buffy rolled her eyes and slammed her door. Once she was inside she took out her suitcase and said out loud to herself-"

"Sunnydale, here I come."

Tbc...